Topic poll

“Actually: Metallica PRO or Premium?”

• Met premium 82 votes
    43%
  • Met pro + twilight 108 votes
    57%

(190 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3840 (resized).jpg
IMG_3838 (resized).jpg
MET_captured_ball (resized).jpg
IMG_7608 (resized).JPG

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago

Well, I will see later about the spinner, like cross mech, and speaker/subwoofer upgrade.
I decided to buy color LCD first ( I also bought one for my TWD and MM in the same time). So many great reviews that I couldn't resist!

2 weeks later
#102 1 year ago

Hi,
Concerning The 3d snake mod, is the 2D snake mod required?
Thanks

#103 1 year ago

nope, the 3D snake mod comes with the new playfield plastic that the portion behind the head mounts onto

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Finally, Pro led ordered. I think premium does not worth 2500€ extra.
I will buy some mods like the lightshow mod and the cross mech and I guess I will be close to a premium.
Thanks to everyone s advise

Congrats. Met pro is the only pin to survive longer than 6 months in our house. We aren't planning on ever selling it. Have fun. Get the pinbits plastic protectors, they look a awesome.

#105 1 year ago

Support the pro...I bought a pro (as the premium I didn't see as worth it)...and tricked it out with the savings...nobody has one like mine and the play is a blast...1 year and 3500+ plays later...no regrets.

#106 1 year ago

3500 plays in a year....wow thats a lot...good for u

#107 1 year ago

I do want to add the spinner mod to mine. I just want to be able to cut the plastics in a way that doesn't look like a hack job.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I do want to add the spinner mod to mine. I just want to be able to cut the plastics in a way that doesn't look like a hack job.

I suppose the premium plastic is possible to find?

#109 1 year ago

I made templates of my LEs plastics before I sold it knowing I was getting a pro and wanted to add spinners.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

3500 plays in a year....wow thats a lot...good for u

Wife and I usually have a tournament going...every 2 weeks extra petty cash is the pot (like 10-20 bucks). It'll get played a little less now that SW premium has showed up.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Wife and I usually have a tournament going...every 2 weeks extra petty cash is the pot (like 10-20 bucks). It'll get played a little less now that SW premium has showed up.

That's awesome....

#112 1 year ago

so guys,
i received today my pro Led. this machine is really stunning.
the only things i don't like is the "white" coffin on the playfield and still the plastic apron.
i played 3-4 games and i quickly understood that the left outlane is pretty draining!
does so know if this is possible to stack MB. i was playing the sparky MB and was also ready with cross MB. i don't think i went with this one too despite i hit it.
what are black felt targets? he asked me to hit them during the game before the end of a song.
had never played ii before so i'm really not used in the rules.
thanks

IMG_3838 (resized).jpg

IMG_3840 (resized).jpg

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Very easy to cut out notches using a dremel. You're not cutting an intricate pattern or anything, just small rectangle notches. Plus, if you did happen to make some kind of mistake - like I guess cutting a notch too big or something - only you will notice it. The notches are not in plain site and no one would be able to say, "That's a large notch you got there for your spinner."

I have the Total Lightshow installed, spinners with sound card and the Rising Cross mod installed. Quite amazing!

#114 1 year ago

I wonder if QC really checks each machine.
I realized that the switch of my left ramp didn't count ball passage. A little adjustment was required.
Anyway, my first impressions are very good. I like the gameplay (even if I did not get all yet)
But that it is a kind of game in the style of BSD, TWD, IM. It is punishing at each missed shot.
However, I would need to change many songs.

#115 1 year ago

premium, could never revert to Pro. To many differences and none effect Flow.
2 Spinners/ Different Lighting Modes/ Hammer / In Playfield Coffin(holds Balls)/ Operable snake jaw that acts like a drop target / Cross comes up out of Playfield (could do without but cool) / a lot of extras for the price and a pro is way to stripped. So again Never a pro on this one . My hammer works flawlessly and I prefer the block. Just bought a replacement block

#116 1 year ago

I guess the Metallica Pro is way cluttered compared to your SW pro!

Never played a premium but i’m sure the hammer is pretty cool. But I also like the Newton ball, as it does not affect the flow. With 500-600$ mod (light show mod and cross premium mech) you can close the premium.

Had the opportunity to buy premium but was 2000$ extra with my pro led Nib and 3000$ extra with an huo.
I just thought that the money extra didn’t worth it. I have just preferred to buy dmd color, invisiblable glass and some mods...and still saved some money. Just a choice. Pro or premium, both are great games.

#117 1 year ago

I have a premium but I replaced the newton block with the captured ball option and never looked back

after seeing how quickly the block becomes dented and chipped (and fear of small metal shrapnel flying off and being ground into [or scratching] the playfield), I thought that the captured ball solution (like the pro has) was a better decision (for me)

I do prefer the snake jaw on the premium/LE as it not only acts as a ball lock, but gives another visual indicator and causes the game flow to act differently than a pro (on a pro machine, the ball is always going into the snake jaw, which takes time to spit it back out whereas on the premium/LE models, when the jaw is closed, the ball bounces off and continues (in addition to opening the mouth)

#118 1 year ago

I had both Pro and Premium side by side for 6 months...both were great games, and you really can't go wrong with either. I ended up settling on the Pro since I felt it had better flow (hammer was distracting)....all the other differences fall into the "whatever" category...i.e. cross, spinners, snake....with either choice I would highly recommend the color dmd, and upgraded speakers/sub...makes a world of difference..

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had both Pro and Premium side by side for 6 months...both were great games, and you really can't go wrong with either. I ended up settling on the Pro since I felt it had better flow (hammer was distracting)....all the other differences fall into the "whatever" category...i.e. cross, spinners, snake....with either choice I would highly recommend the color dmd, and upgraded speakers/sub...makes a world of difference..

plus one on the Color DMD

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Oceanside, CA
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 64.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Sale Pending!
Fayetteville, NC
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
4,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Quartz Hill, CA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside