Tower Mod 3 (resized).jpg
Tower Mod 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190819_2146442 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190819_2154209 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190819_2153150 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190819_2149583 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190819_2149379 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190805_1349308 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

That crypt mod looks awful .

Unfortunate you see it that way, but please let me know what is amiss so I can learn from it going forward (I've certainly grown from such feedback in the past) . I do put a lot of thought, time, expense, and sleepless nights into contributing mods to the pinball community, so it's disappointing to see such thoughtless panning of it (I've had as much as death threats from another modder here, so I'm left to question if you're affiliated). I literally dedicate much of my life to these, and get my main income from these (I do pay SE taxes on them), so you can understand how harmful such negative feedback without explanation can be to me. I do hope to be able to continue these mods and that others appreciate what I offer (I did leave a higher paying job that I wasn't happy with to do these).

This is the first I've heard criticism on the crypt mod. Looks quite good in person IMO (especially when lit), and with the crypt mod in ~15% of all ACNC games thus far, with great reviews, I'm left wondering what you see different.

It covers the black pit that is there without it, interacts with the mode changes in the game (RGB version), makes it look as if the ball enters the crypt (based on the blue crypt on the LCD), and lights the locked crypt ball beneath.

1 month later
#25 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I hadn't been back to this thread for quite some time so I am only now seeing a couple of the posts. I thought that I had also shared posts of my installed crypt but I guess that I haven't.
I have to say that I really like the crypt and for me, having spent all of the time and energy to create my tower, I wanted to see my tower and use the crypt. I have the best of both worlds in my opinion but I decided to modify the crypt to make it happen. Have a look at the pics, I chose to sever the small skull hill, filled it in and painted it but still haven't circled back to try to match the blue. I suppose that one could make a PETG base traced out to the footprint of the crypt with skulls and install it as is. The crypt just fits perfectly here!
It might not change your mind but if nothing else just have a look at my pics and see what you think. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I dig it. Doesn't block the lock view as I worried it might in that position.

I still need to install the tower I got from you...as well as Cento's wall decal, and Danesi's magnet plastic. Hopefully I'll have time to work on my games once I'm through all the Elvira runs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 300.00
$ 14.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acnc-tower-of-torture?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.