(Topic ID: 291535)

Achievement Points

By Onwallst

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Achievement Points”

• Bring back previous achievements system? 7 votes
      70%
    • Replace with a new system! 1 vote
      10%
    • Stupid no longer needed! 2 votes
      20%

(10 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Anybody notice after the server crash theres no more achievements points for anyone? Thoughts? Did you like the point system or not! Take a poll!

Forceflow covered this, they are temporarily disabled as Robin restores the site to new servers.
    They will be back soon.

Quoted from robin:

Hey everyone. Thanks a million for all the nice words in this thread. Believe me, it's much appreciated!
    Last week was really a nightmare scenario. Having moved over to a smaller Web Hosting company last year with the idea of getting more direct attention in case of network or hardware issues didn't work out quite like I had hoped.
    So what exactly took me so damn long to get back online? I had backups right? Well, for anyone who's interested in that story, I'll try to recall at some time - but let's just say I wasn't prepared for this kind of disaster. Redundancy is cool, until your datacenter catches fire.
    But of course I should have prepared for this, in hindsight. And I will be in the future as I'm working on a good DR strategy as we speak.
    ... [quoted image]
    So what's cooking now?
    I'm still working on getting everything back up. I got email fully working again today. Of course, being a new server and IP, Outlook immediately threw us on their blacklist. A few emails with their team and several hours later they mitigated this.
    Got email replies working again!
    Just got the Pinside maps server back online!
    Currently working on Marketwatch emails.
    And of course working on backup strategies.
    Coming back soon: topic image gallery, Pinside achievements and anything else that is temporarily disabled or that I forgot. Not much else, I think? Let me know what you are missing besides the stuff I just mentioned.
    Finally, a huge thanks to people who (offered) help/support. And my wife for being extremely patient with me as I was away most of the week and probably terrible to be around during the times I was at home. My brother Martijn of course for moral support. Forceflow. Jay@Scorbit, Jeff@TWIP for relaying messages that we didn't disappear to Timbuktu with all your gif uploads. And Ed R for being funny.
    ** And all of you who donated in the past 48 hours. Amazing to see all that support **
    To be continued. good to be back!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/achievement-points-1?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.