(Topic ID: 160780)

"Achievement" award for being able to skip a day on Pinside?

By sevenrites

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Crispin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

money-for-nothing-dire-straits_(resized).jpg
    horse.gif
    #1 7 years ago

Yep, that's right - an award for scoring a single day off of Pinside after say, 30 consecutive days of activity maybe? Just for shits and giggles, of course. The "living here" award inspired me. So the "skipped a day!" award would be more or less a surprise shocker to see, and a painful realization that one has actually somehow missed a day, more so than an award I'd actually try to earn.

#2 7 years ago

Love it! Sending this to Martijn to implement

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Yep, that's right - an award for scoring a single day off of Pinside after say, 30 consecutive days of activity maybe? Just for shits and giggles, of course. The "living here" award inspired me. So the "skipped a day!" award would be more or less a surprise shocker to see, and a painful realization that one has actually somehow missed a day, more so than an award I'd actually try to earn.

If a Pinsider isn't posting for a day, we should be obliged to call their local authorities to go and check on them to see if they're okay!

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Love it! Sending this to Martijn to implement

Sweet! I love this website. Not sure how you're gonna get it coded in there without much effort but hopefully it's quick and easy!

That all being said, I realize it's not necessarily a feature that needs time devoted to it, nor does it seem it would add a lot of much needed value or usefulness to the site... But the thought of it was too funny to me, so I couldn't resist.

#6 7 years ago

You mean I can be rewarded for doing nothing?

horse.gifhorse.gif

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hey, plenty of welfare recipients who don't really need it get rewarded with it... Just trying to keep up with current trends here!

#8 7 years ago

I recently went seven months without posting or even visiting.

What kind of award is there for that?

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

you missed the entire Kaneda podcast saga, that is your prize!

#10 7 years ago

I caught the tail end of it, in a way. Although, I didn't open ANY of those threads. On purpose.

#11 7 years ago

Ugh, here we go again. It's been nice and peaceful around here yet people still gotta bring up that person and their stupid podcasts. Why? Make it stop!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Biggest Loser. Glad your back

#13 7 years ago

Money for nothing and your chicks for free.......

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

If a Pinsider isn't posting for a day, we should be obliged to call their local authorities to go and check on them to see if they're okay!

Great Post!

#15 7 years ago

How about awards for consecutive days not on Pinside too. . The under achiever award

#16 7 years ago

...is what people are rewarded for doing every day on here.

#17 7 years ago

I didn't earn my award today. Maybe tomorrow.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I didn't earn my award today. Maybe tomorrow.

Post here in 24 hours and let us know how that goes.

#19 7 years ago

I had to help my wife around the yard today, so I wasn't on for about an hour.

What do I get?

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I had to help my wife around the yard today, so I wasn't on for about an hour.
    What do I get?

Our thanks.

Just kidding boob...

#21 7 years ago

Don't post pictures of your "What do I get" You don't need a temporary ban on Pinside.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Don't post pictures of your "What do I get" You don't need a temporary ban on Pinside.

You know what YOU'RE gonna get? The Boob in Alberta from Thursday to Monday this week. Enjoy!

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

The Boob in Alberta from Thursday to Monday this week. Enjoy!

Tell us more there Beezle. Any itinerary?

#24 7 years ago

Staying at Moraine Lake for four days. We went in September and absolutely fell in love with it and the whole area (all the way up to Jasper). Canada trumps the US for Rocky Mountain beauty. But that's it.

Your hockey teams and health plans suck.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Staying at Moraine Lake for four days

It going to hot on the weekend. But just to be on the safe side bring a jacket, it could snow.

#26 7 years ago

You're not kidding. When we were there first weekend of September we got caught in a snow storm at Peyto Lake. This weekend the highs are in the 80s and lows in the 30s. Crazy. Now be quiet...I'm trying to earn my achievement for not using pinside for a day.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now be quiet...I'm trying to earn my achievement for not using pinside for a day.

So, hows that working out for you so far?

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Money for nothing and your chicks for free.......

money-for-nothing-dire-straits_(resized).jpgmoney-for-nothing-dire-straits_(resized).jpg

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm trying to earn my achievement for not using pinside for a day.

The only way I'd be eligible is if I was on vacation!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/achievement-award-for-being-able-to-skip-a-day-on-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.