Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-05-17-20-57-20 (resized).png
Screenshot_2017-05-16-19-45-01 (resized).png
IMG_8057 (resized).PNG
37c68de8a807958faa241d40ed261c1f5eb63ffd (resized).jpg
SMVEPremiumGAMEpage (resized).png
image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 7 years ago

No acdc's were for sale when they sold under $7k because owners chose to just keep them at that price if they were on the fence. At $7500+ with a quick easy sale folks that were on the fence are letting theirs go.

I sold Acdc because I had it for a while and it was time. AS was the replacement but I don't think AS is necessarily a better game than acdc. I put AS at the IM level of pins and that is really good.

1 week later
#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Agreed. I kick myself for not buying one.
I have the regular Premium which looks OK, still don't enjoy the music or gameplay, however.

I would set your acdc free to someone else then. Why not?

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I have a few friends who love playing it so it stays.

You are a very good friend to have for sure.

1 week later
#77 6 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

I keep seeing Metallicas pop up for sale much more than AC/DC... :shrug:

For years there were not to many MET's for sale. Seemed like folks knew the license was winding down, so if they sold theirs it would be take more work to get it back. I think when Stern said they are extending the license more started to come on the market, especially Pros. NIB buyers figured they could get one anytime over the next couple of years and sellers figured they could more easily get one if they have regrets. There have been more for sale but no flood gates. Folks love the game.

2 weeks later
#168 6 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

I was pissed after paying 8250.00 for a BSM when I heard they were releasing a vault Edition Spider-Man. I'm just glad it was different I'm not a flipper but I realized it was going to drop the price of my game that I just spent too much on. Now I'm in the market for an AC DC. Just did not want to be spending too much on that either.

Why would you be worrying about spending to much on Acdc when you will have a choice of a NiB one or originals made a few years ago that have yet to have a set market price, but probably lower then they were a few months ago?

And just a heads up if you buy a VE you are going to have asshats who will go out of there way to give you and anyone who will listen their unsolicited opinion that your Acdc VE is not as good as the original. Not even not as good actually they will say it sucks and is unplayable. Lol. This will happen even if you know the VE plays better and you never bring that opinion up. There are VE asshats also but very few feel to throw there opinion around as freely as the origanal owners who feel threatened by choice or something. Happened with IM, SM and will happen with Acdc.

Chances are they will play very similar so ignore them and enjoy your game what ever you pick. You and all of us are lucky to have choices!

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

No sure I agree with this. To date, IM was the only true VE in my eyes and I don't recall anyone saying the original played better. Yes there was talk about some peoples preferences on the things that changed (toys mainly) but physical game play differences I don't recall being a big topic.
With SM, Stern called it a VE but realistically it was more a retheme. There was more conflict there as their were some very strong differences in opinion between the two in relation to art and sounds which is understandable when it comes to a retheme of that nature.
I think you may be confusing or inadvertantly looping in VE with remakes (MM and AFM) which are quite frankly a different conversation. Yes, it's the same concept but with a remake you have different game play parts which can cause them to feel different. For instance, you have different types of coils and power options which can cause the games to have a different feel. To the hardcore player or collector there is a much bigger difference between a remake (MM and AFM) than their is a VE.

Yes I see what you are saying that Retheme is not an exact copy of Pin compared to a true remake and I agree. Totally understand folks can prefer one to the other which is the way things are supposed to be.

I was more referring to folks who go out of their way to throw out their negative opinions on a game, remake or retheme both, out of nowhere when it is not even a topic of conversation. They are doing it to poke at folks and they probably know this. If it is a this pin Vs that pin debate then fair game.

Really doesn't even have to be a Remake or retheme discussion about poking folks to get a reaction . Like I don't like GB but I am not going around like Rarehero telling everyone that when no one asked him his opinion. We know what he is up to. I am not into that. Just negative.

I just feel the Original vs remake or retheme Acdc which is better debate coming, but I bet they will both play well.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Not one person that has played my IMVE has ever said it wasn't as good as an original. The game is an ass kicker. To me, that was what a vault should be. Minor improvements, keeping the spirit of the original. AC/DC is doing the same. It looks to be a real vault.

I heard a little of that my O IM plays better than your Vault before, but not bad because IM owners have to all stick together to survive against that game. Friggin bastard of a game! I hate you! OK one more game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdcs-flooding-the-market?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.