New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 186638)

ac/dc's flooding the market

By ccbiggsoo7

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2017-05-17-20-57-20 (resized).png
Screenshot_2017-05-16-19-45-01 (resized).png
IMG_8057 (resized).PNG
37c68de8a807958faa241d40ed261c1f5eb63ffd (resized).jpg
SMVEPremiumGAMEpage (resized).png
image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

seems like the last few weeks everybody is trying to dump their ac/dc's. guess rumors are true?

image (resized).png

1 month later
#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I remember Gary Stern stating LE's would never be remade as they value their LE customers

Facebook post from Stern after posting a pic of a customers BIB in for repair and a bunch of people freaked out...

IMG_8057 (resized).PNG

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

the wording is important. No LE's get remade. So no Vault Luci LE

They can remake all the Luci's they want it was not an LE.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Ah, right. I forgot. They made so few it actually became the rarest one even though not an official LE.

No one really knows how many Luci's were made, all rumors as Stern never released production numbers.

Quoted from limelime20:

Case closed, No more AC/DC remakes per George Gomez and Gary Stern..

Where did you here that?

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

171 Luci according to someone in Stern purchasing by way of FrostyMug. The rarest AC/DC, which is kind of a slap in the face to the LE owners.

Again a rumor and BS until proven otherwise "someone in Stern purchasing" thats weak sauce man!

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It depends on the art package. If the VE has hand drawn art and is perceived as a superior model I can't see values staying where they are on the old ACDC models.

Quoted from DaveH:

I want an AC/DC, but I don't want to play the Stern lottery for it. There would be no way I could know that I'd get a good playfield, a good cabinet, or a good "next cost cutting measure".
And please notice I didn't say "perfect", I said "good" which I will define as an integral part being able to perform its intended function without falling apart or otherwise turning to crap two months later. Not a high standard at all. And the bigger problem with that is it doesn't go away. The splitting cabinets wouldn't have been that big an issue on their own. But it seemed obvious to me that it was because of cost reductions in their construction, and it came on the heels of the playfields going through the same thing. I have no idea where Stern will cut into costs next, or if those ones are done. I'll leave that risk to you guys.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

price quote from local distributor: pro=$5100 Shipped Premium=$6795 plus shipping of $125 to $225 depending on if I get order shipped with other games. Sure beats the 8k people were asking!

Enjoy your new game and be sure to post pics in these threads when you unbox it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I'm laughing at all the turds on the beginning of this post! Just got a big ol FLUSHING!

With the NIB Stern QC lottery you just may end up with another turd to flush!

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Stern takes care of its customers.

Okey Dokey

Quoted from tacshose:

Well Stern sent me a signed borg met premium "translite" and Pat Powers personally sent me a hardcoat repair kit after speaking to his Q/A department. So six months of a non functioning NIB game to finally get a working drop mech and finally be officially told Stern is not replacing my playfield. I did enjoy my NIB for the one month it all worked correctly. My distro is taking the game back and I'm out $400 in shipping, but at least I believe my last Stern purchase is finally over. I'm not begging Stern for two years like I believe frax or someone else had too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside