New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 186638)

ac/dc's flooding the market

By ccbiggsoo7

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2017-05-17-20-57-20 (resized).png
Screenshot_2017-05-16-19-45-01 (resized).png
IMG_8057 (resized).PNG
37c68de8a807958faa241d40ed261c1f5eb63ffd (resized).jpg
SMVEPremiumGAMEpage (resized).png
image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 3 years ago

Guess Tron and X-Men are coming too since there are more of those for sale recently while being made on far fewer numbers...

I do hope the do another run of ac/dc as anyone that wants one should get one. To bad they will probably be 7500 now though.

#19 3 years ago

ALL this comparison of AS being better than MET and AC/DC. Just don't get it. I do enjoy AS a lot but the layout is not anything special and the code (while decent) isn't even close to those others IMHO.

1 month later
#126 3 years ago

I'm hoping for some bad ass hand drawn art on the PF. If that happens I'll just buy a PF and do a PF swap

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

price quote from local distributor: pro=$5100 Shipped Premium=$6795 plus shipping of $125 to $225 depending on if I get order shipped with other games. Sure beats the 8k people were asking!

Good lord man.

Their were no stock $8K games for sale outside of Luci (which isn't part of the VE) and actually selling. Those would be pipe dreams IMHO looking for suckers. All those games selling at those prices were highly modded out games with very desirable and some even with no longer available options. You are still looking at $7K+ shipped for a new prem and that's assuming Stern doesn't do another price increase. That is relative to what the market was bearing before the VE was announced.

I know you are having fun running around tooting your own horn but I still 100% disagree with most of your thoughts in this thread.

AC/DC's were not and are not "flooding" the market. Their are still less of them for sale (% wise) than many other less produced titles by % of games made.

The VE is not going to collapse the value of AC/DC's. Used Pro's were selling for mid 4's up to mid 5's depending on mods. If anything, this release just solidified that market and unless their are some major changes to the Prem it's release isn't going to do much to the prem value either.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

tooty toot on "11"

How about this toothy toot since you like it so much. Enjoy paying almost as much for your pro VE as several of us paid for our premiums

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Not even not as good actually they will say it sucks and is unplayable. Lol. This will happen even if you know the VE plays better and you never bring that opinion up. There are VE asshats also but very few feel to throw there opinion around as freely as the origanal owners who feel threatened by choice or something. Happened with IM, SM and will happen with Acdc.

No sure I agree with this. To date, IM was the only true VE in my eyes and I don't recall anyone saying the original played better. Yes there was talk about some peoples preferences on the things that changed (toys mainly) but physical game play differences I don't recall being a big topic.

With SM, Stern called it a VE but realistically it was more a retheme. There was more conflict there as their were some very strong differences in opinion between the two in relation to art and sounds which is understandable when it comes to a retheme of that nature.

I think you may be confusing or inadvertantly looping in VE with remakes (MM and AFM) which are quite frankly a different conversation. Yes, it's the same concept but with a remake you have different game play parts which can cause them to feel different. For instance, you have different types of coils and power options which can cause the games to have a different feel. To the hardcore player or collector there is a much bigger difference between a remake (MM and AFM) than their is a VE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside