Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2017-05-17-20-57-20 (resized).png
Screenshot_2017-05-16-19-45-01 (resized).png
IMG_8057 (resized).PNG
37c68de8a807958faa241d40ed261c1f5eb63ffd (resized).jpg
SMVEPremiumGAMEpage (resized).png
image (resized).png

There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

it kind of sucks as a collector knowing that your Stern machine will likely never raise in value much beyond the MSRP

i have machines, i play them, i enjoy them... if they decrease in value, like most other things.. so be it.

it is, what it is.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

price quote from local distributor: pro=$5100 Shipped Premium=$6795 plus shipping of $125 to $225 depending on if I get order shipped with other games. Sure beats the 8k people were asking!

Enjoy your new game and be sure to post pics in these threads when you unbox it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I'm laughing at all the turds on the beginning of this post! Just got a big ol FLUSHING!

With the NIB Stern QC lottery you just may end up with another turd to flush!

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Enjoy your new game and be sure to post pics in these threads when you unbox it.

Stern takes care of its customers.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Stern takes care of its customers.

Okey Dokey

Quoted from tacshose:

Well Stern sent me a signed borg met premium "translite" and Pat Powers personally sent me a hardcoat repair kit after speaking to his Q/A department. So six months of a non functioning NIB game to finally get a working drop mech and finally be officially told Stern is not replacing my playfield. I did enjoy my NIB for the one month it all worked correctly. My distro is taking the game back and I'm out $400 in shipping, but at least I believe my last Stern purchase is finally over. I'm not begging Stern for two years like I believe frax or someone else had too.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Good lord man.
Their were no stock $8K games for sale outside of Luci (which isn't part of the VE) and actually selling. Those would be pipe dreams IMHO looking for suckers. All those games selling at those prices were highly modded out games with very desirable and some even with no longer available options. You are still looking at $7K+ shipped for a new prem and that's assuming Stern doesn't do another price increase. That is relative to what the market was bearing before the VE was announced.
I know you are having fun running around tooting your own horn but I still 100% disagree with most of your thoughts in this thread.
AC/DC's were not and are not "flooding" the market. Their are still less of them for sale (% wise) than many other less produced titles by % of games made.
The VE is not going to collapse the value of AC/DC's. Used Pro's were selling for mid 4's up to mid 5's depending on mods. If anything, this release just solidified that market and unless their are some major changes to the Prem it's release isn't going to do much to the prem value either.

tooty toot on "11"

#156 2 years ago

I don't think a ton of these will sell

LCD based Aerosmith & Star Wars on the other hand...

If the 500 quote is true then Stern doesn't see a ton moving either

Sure, 500 may be the 1st VE run before many more but I don't think so

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

tooty toot on "11"

How about this toothy toot since you like it so much. Enjoy paying almost as much for your pro VE as several of us paid for our premiums

#158 2 years ago

Well, this thread proves yet again that many of the people that hate Vaults are:

1. Current owners of the pin and/or
2. Pinball collectors that want to make sure they can get a profit on flipping down the road

I say - it is a game - to play. Get the one you want PRO/LE/Premium/WhateverTheHell and enjoy it. If they make more of a good title later on great. At least a previous poster was honest enough to admit he was in camp #2.

So Stern feel free to make more games if people are buying - and thanks. Keep em coming!

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I got my premium for $6500 4 years ago, so this seems like a pretty good deal!

Got my 1st Luci + $3500 in trade for my BIBLE. Bought a 2nd Luci for 6k Shipped. Wish i'd bought more....lol

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Got my 1st Luci + $3500 in trade for my BIBLE. Bought a 2nd Luci for 6k Shipped. Wish i'd bought more....lol

I must not be on the bro special price list. I bought my premium about a year (I think) before Luci came out, and $6500 shipped was the lowest I could find calling distributors that are here on pinside.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Well, this thread proves yet again that many of the people that hate Vaults are:
2. Pinball collectors that want to make sure they can get a profit on flipping down the road
I say - it is a game - to play. Get the one you want PRO/LE/Premium/WhateverTheHell and enjoy it. If they make more of a good title later on great. At least a previous poster was honest enough to admit he was in camp #2.
So Stern feel free to make more games if people are buying - and thanks. Keep em coming!

exactly, I'm so sick of this pinballs as investments crap.

#162 2 years ago

Yep. Invest in real estate if you want appreciation. Invest in pinball machines if you want fun.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yep. Invest in real estate if you want appreciation. Invest in pinball machines if you want fun.

I purchase gold and the company shares.

Both remain less financially risky, provide higher profit margins, easy to sell when required, and I never need to worry that I will never actually receive what I bought for my money meaning direct stock.

Anyone that holds into a game long enough will at least break even, play the game the whole time, if they learn how to maintain what they own. Those that rotate there games less than year later always take the most risk and want to gain the most profit.

Non-distributors who "vault" NIB games in boxes should cut plexi-glass windows, as it might offer some form of entertainment.

Note: There are still some amazing finds out there such as a recent TAF Gold discovery secured in the shipping box since 1994 near Chicago. The only thing that was done was battery removal. It does happen, but not because a private owner was a hoarder. It is still not for sale.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I could not agree more!
I used to collect gold/silver. And still do trade stock. Cashed a lot of this out. It is not fun staring at Gold/silver laying in the safe as it is to look/play pinball machines. I don't view pinball machines as Investments often, although they are if they're a really good deal. It's good to spread Investments around with some real estate, Fortune 500 stock, or income properties. Lately, I have been passionately collecting pinball machines. Definitely way more fun! Looking forward now to adding AC/DC to my collection. I do have up for trade a Rob Zombie new in the box( I had to purchase or lose my 1000 desposit! even when I realized I did not want it. I am asking exact cost) Also have a black Spider-Man. If anyone wants to consider trading their premium please send me a PM.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

exactly, I'm so sick of this pinballs as investments crap.

So true with the newer games. Only games that I own that were good investments were the 80's/90's pins that keep going up in value. It is hard to predict what any market will do in the future. Pinball is becoming more popular. Lots of people flipping and others collecting. It is a hobby for me. I don't need to make money with it. I have a day job. A lot of games I sell take losses or at least break even. Greed is the driving force that is creating price inflation.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I was pissed after paying 8250.00 for a BSM when I heard they were releasing a vault Edition Spider-Man. I'm just glad it was different I'm not a flipper but I realized it was going to drop the price of my game that I just spent too much on. Now I'm in the market for an AC DC. Just did not want to be spending too much on that either.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

I was pissed after paying 8250.00 for a BSM when I heard they were releasing a vault Edition Spider-Man. I'm just glad it was different I'm not a flipper but I realized it was going to drop the price of my game that I just spent too much on. Now I'm in the market for an AC DC. Just did not want to be spending too much on that either.

You got the better spiderman.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

Why would you be worrying about spending to much on Acdc when you will have a choice of a NiB one or originals made a few years ago that have yet to have a set market price, but probably lower then they were a few months ago?

And just a heads up if you buy a VE you are going to have asshats who will go out of there way to give you and anyone who will listen their unsolicited opinion that your Acdc VE is not as good as the original. Not even not as good actually they will say it sucks and is unplayable. Lol. This will happen even if you know the VE plays better and you never bring that opinion up. There are VE asshats also but very few feel to throw there opinion around as freely as the origanal owners who feel threatened by choice or something. Happened with IM, SM and will happen with Acdc.

Chances are they will play very similar so ignore them and enjoy your game what ever you pick. You and all of us are lucky to have choices!

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Not even not as good actually they will say it sucks and is unplayable. Lol. This will happen even if you know the VE plays better and you never bring that opinion up. There are VE asshats also but very few feel to throw there opinion around as freely as the origanal owners who feel threatened by choice or something. Happened with IM, SM and will happen with Acdc.

No sure I agree with this. To date, IM was the only true VE in my eyes and I don't recall anyone saying the original played better. Yes there was talk about some peoples preferences on the things that changed (toys mainly) but physical game play differences I don't recall being a big topic.

With SM, Stern called it a VE but realistically it was more a retheme. There was more conflict there as their were some very strong differences in opinion between the two in relation to art and sounds which is understandable when it comes to a retheme of that nature.

I think you may be confusing or inadvertantly looping in VE with remakes (MM and AFM) which are quite frankly a different conversation. Yes, it's the same concept but with a remake you have different game play parts which can cause them to feel different. For instance, you have different types of coils and power options which can cause the games to have a different feel. To the hardcore player or collector there is a much bigger difference between a remake (MM and AFM) than their is a VE.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

And just a heads up if you buy a VE you are going to have asshats who will go out of there way to give you and anyone who will listen their unsolicited opinion that your Acdc VE is not as good as the original.

Not one person that has played my IMVE has ever said it wasn't as good as an original. The game is an ass kicker. To me, that was what a vault should be. Minor improvements, keeping the spirit of the original. AC/DC is doing the same. It looks to be a real vault.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

No sure I agree with this. To date, IM was the only true VE in my eyes and I don't recall anyone saying the original played better. Yes there was talk about some peoples preferences on the things that changed (toys mainly) but physical game play differences I don't recall being a big topic.
With SM, Stern called it a VE but realistically it was more a retheme. There was more conflict there as their were some very strong differences in opinion between the two in relation to art and sounds which is understandable when it comes to a retheme of that nature.
I think you may be confusing or inadvertantly looping in VE with remakes (MM and AFM) which are quite frankly a different conversation. Yes, it's the same concept but with a remake you have different game play parts which can cause them to feel different. For instance, you have different types of coils and power options which can cause the games to have a different feel. To the hardcore player or collector there is a much bigger difference between a remake (MM and AFM) than their is a VE.

Yes I see what you are saying that Retheme is not an exact copy of Pin compared to a true remake and I agree. Totally understand folks can prefer one to the other which is the way things are supposed to be.

I was more referring to folks who go out of their way to throw out their negative opinions on a game, remake or retheme both, out of nowhere when it is not even a topic of conversation. They are doing it to poke at folks and they probably know this. If it is a this pin Vs that pin debate then fair game.

Really doesn't even have to be a Remake or retheme discussion about poking folks to get a reaction . Like I don't like GB but I am not going around like Rarehero telling everyone that when no one asked him his opinion. We know what he is up to. I am not into that. Just negative.

I just feel the Original vs remake or retheme Acdc which is better debate coming, but I bet they will both play well.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Not one person that has played my IMVE has ever said it wasn't as good as an original. The game is an ass kicker. To me, that was what a vault should be. Minor improvements, keeping the spirit of the original. AC/DC is doing the same. It looks to be a real vault.

I heard a little of that my O IM plays better than your Vault before, but not bad because IM owners have to all stick together to survive against that game. Friggin bastard of a game! I hate you! OK one more game.

1 month later
#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

i'll get you a tissue for those tears!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside