Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-05-17-20-57-20 (resized).png
Screenshot_2017-05-16-19-45-01 (resized).png
IMG_8057 (resized).PNG
37c68de8a807958faa241d40ed261c1f5eb63ffd (resized).jpg
SMVEPremiumGAMEpage (resized).png
image (resized).png
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And fix the LED attack and decay by a few milliseconds to make it more natural incandescent-like.

Lonnie does a great job with the lighting on his games. The insert lighting fades are smooth.....

Rob

#102 6 years ago

Ok., if they did make a vault edition., or another Acdc pin, new cabinet ?.new color lcd , renewing the licence for what 500 games ? The market isnt flooded, theres a ton of cool.new stuff coming out and guys gotta sell something. I,m thinking of selling my TZ & a prototype pimped IJ, I,m running out of room, and selling those titles are tough too let go.
Id like a Houdini, got a Dominos and jetsons coming, hope my TBL, may look for Aeresmith LE,

If they do remake Acdc it will be 12K +

It will never happen, My luci modded out , color dmd,
Is not 4 Sale unless you have 12k, 40 plays

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

No one really knows how many Luci's were made, all rumors as Stern never released production numbers.

171 Luci according to someone in Stern purchasing by way of FrostyMug. The rarest AC/DC, which is kind of a slap in the face to the LE owners.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

With Robert Winter posting a Luci NIB for sale recently, it sure *seems* like some are trying to sell before the bottom possibly falls out on their pinvestments (ala Iron Man). I said seems... maybe I'm wrong... who knows.... No offense to Robert, it's his game and he can ask what he wants. If someone wants to buy it or make him an decent offer, good for him.
Rob

Same strange phenomenon going on in Australia at the moment with Luci on gumtree.com.au listed at $16,000 and this appeared in my Facebook feed last night. Lots more AC/DC machines being put up for sale than usual at the moment.

Screenshot_2017-05-16-19-45-01 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-05-16-19-45-01 (resized).png

#105 6 years ago

ACDC is way overrated.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Same strange phenomenon going on in Australia at the moment with Luci on gumtree.com.au listed at $16,000 and this appeared in my Facebook feed last night. Lots more AC/DC machines being put up for sale than usual at the moment.

It happened with IMVE right? If I see resellers/distributors/others starting to sell off NIB stash all of a sudden then it certainly lends some affirmation that we could see more ACDC produced soon. But, I have to wonder what is the catch with Stern doing this? Is there really a BIG demand for this? Refresh the code and I'm sure there will be! If it's just new cabinet decals/translite and everything else is the same, what is there to really get excited over?

Remember the fabled long list of updates Lyman wanted to do with the game, first rumored 4 years ago by some and nothing ever came of that?

Rob

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It happened with IMVE right? If I see resellers/distributors/others starting to sell off NIB stash all of a sudden then it certainly lends some affirmation that we could see more ACDC produced soon. But, I have to wonder what is the catch with Stern doing this? Is there really a BIG demand for this? Refresh the code and I'm sure there will be! If it's just new cabinet decals/translite and everything else is the same, what is there to really get excited over?
Remember the fabled long list of updates Lyman wanted to do with the game, first rumored 4 years ago by some and nothing ever came of that?
Rob

I didn't notice it with Iron Man as much other than Pinside mentioning dealers getting rid of their Iron Man inventory. More noticeable with AC/DC due to all the different versions and people selling off their LE games and new in box Luci all at once.

#108 6 years ago

Some info that was posted on our forum in Belgium (source seems German, prices are in euro)...

Vorankündigung!!!
Vorbestellungen ab sofort!!!

Stern Flipper Star Wars Pro mit LCD (Juli August 2017) Euro 5480,-- (6576,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars Premium mit LCD (September 2017) Euro 7680,-- (9216,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars LE mit LCD (August September 2017) Euro 8980,-- (10776,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Pro Vault Edition (Juli August 2017) Euro 5150,-- (6180,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Premium Vault Edition (August 2017) Euro 7150,-- (8580,-- inkl. MwSt)

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Some info that was posted on our forum in Belgium (source seems German, prices are in euro)...
Vorankündigung!!!
Vorbestellungen ab sofort!!!
Stern Flipper Star Wars Pro mit LCD (Juli August 2017) Euro 5480,-- (6576,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars Premium mit LCD (September 2017) Euro 7680,-- (9216,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper Star Wars LE mit LCD (August September 2017) Euro 8980,-- (10776,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Pro Vault Edition (Juli August 2017) Euro 5150,-- (6180,-- inkl. MwSt)
Stern Flipper AC/DC Premium Vault Edition (August 2017) Euro 7150,-- (8580,-- inkl. MwSt)

Now all we need is pictures of the AC/DC vault to see if they changed the art.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

With Robert Winter posting a Luci NIB for sale recently, it sure *seems* like some are trying to sell before the bottom possibly falls out on their pinvestments (ala Iron Man). I said seems... maybe I'm wrong... who knows.... No offense to Robert, it's his game and he can ask what he wants. If someone wants to buy it or make him an decent offer, good for him.
Rob

Yep, at $16K, he's desperately blowing it out!

#111 6 years ago

ACDC is one of the best games. Not surprised its being re-run. I could care less. I paid a great price for NIB premium and Ill never sell it. (Unless they bring one out incorporating the new display....then maybe I would think about it. )

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Now all we need is pictures of the AC/DC vault to see if they changed the art.

If they do, it's proof of God's existence.

#113 6 years ago

ACDC prices won't drop much if at all because it's not a flavor of the week title and to most owners it's a keeper...

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

171 Luci according to someone in Stern purchasing by way of FrostyMug. The rarest AC/DC, which is kind of a slap in the face to the LE owners.

Again a rumor and BS until proven otherwise "someone in Stern purchasing" thats weak sauce man!

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

ACDC prices won't drop much if at all because it's not a flavor of the week title and to most owners it's a keeper...

It depends on the art package. If the VE has hand drawn art and is perceived as a superior model I can't see values staying where they are on the old ACDC models.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It depends on the art package. If the VE has hand drawn art and is perceived as a superior model I can't see values staying where they are on the old ACDC models.

Quoted from DaveH:

I want an AC/DC, but I don't want to play the Stern lottery for it. There would be no way I could know that I'd get a good playfield, a good cabinet, or a good "next cost cutting measure".
And please notice I didn't say "perfect", I said "good" which I will define as an integral part being able to perform its intended function without falling apart or otherwise turning to crap two months later. Not a high standard at all. And the bigger problem with that is it doesn't go away. The splitting cabinets wouldn't have been that big an issue on their own. But it seemed obvious to me that it was because of cost reductions in their construction, and it came on the heels of the playfields going through the same thing. I have no idea where Stern will cut into costs next, or if those ones are done. I'll leave that risk to you guys.

#117 6 years ago

ACDC premiums are waaaaaaay over priced right now. They should be at $6000-$6500. Good thing there are lots of other good pins to choose from like TWD premium I just picked up. Once the prices come back down, I'll look at getting a ACDC Premium again. But until that time comes, I'll just have to settle for killing some zombies.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

...on the other hand if the cabinets are falling apart & the playfields are cratering and ghosting - I'll be perfectly content with my 2012 ACDC Prem.

While of course I prefer hand drawn to Photoshop, I'm totally fine with how the orig ACDC Prem looks. It's a cohesive package that looks great when lit up - it looks like "ACDC" and the imagery is energetic. The biggest prob with most Photoshop packages is that they're just a collage of headshots. Nothing exciting is happening. All of ACDC's "characters" are bursting with energy. Personally I think it's a more exciting pin to look at than Kiss with its extremely stiff art.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...on the other hand if the cabinets are falling apart & the playfields are cratering and ghosting - I'll be perfectly content with my 2012 ACDC Prem.
Whole of course I prefer hand drawn to Photoshop, I'm totally fine with how the orig ACDC Prem looks. It's a cohesive package that looks great when lit up - it looks like "ACDC" and the imagery is energetic. The biggest prob with most Photoshop packages is that they're just a collage of headshots. Nothing exciting is happening. All of ACDC's "characters" are bursting with energy. Personally I think it's a more exciting pin to look at than Kiss with its extremely stiff art.

The quality of NIB Sterns is definitely a concern. It seems like most of the playfield issues have been resolved on Aerosmith and I would think that they would be actively making improvements to the cabinets to ensure that it isn't a problem on ACDC VE and SW. Still, I would put the quality of games made in 2012 above what they are doing today.

I don't mind the current ACDC artwork (I prefer it to the hand drawn LUCI art) but it's still the weak link in an otherwise strong package. But if the VE has amazing hand drawn artwork by Dirty Donny or Zombie Yeti than I can't see people opting for the old ACDC for the prices they go for today when they can get NIB with great artwork for the same price. I think people will take the gamble on NIB quality if the artwork is great. With that being said the new VE doesn't make the current ACDC any less fun to play so if you have one of those there is no reason to sell it. The fact that more people will get to enjoy an awesome game like ACDC is great news all around!

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

ACDC premiums are waaaaaaay over priced right now. They should be at $6000-$6500. Good thing there are lots of other good pins to choose from like TWD premium I just picked up. Once the prices come back down, I'll look at getting a ACDC Premium again. But until that time comes, I'll just have to settle for killing some zombies.

Everything is way overpriced right now!!

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

That is what most people here said when I listed mine for $7000 here a couple of years ago. It sold for $7000 really fast on cl, and the buyer paid to have it shipped.

#122 6 years ago

They may be overpriced for you but they are under priced for me. I have one and not selling it for anything starting with a 6 or a 7.

The machines seem to be moving pretty quickly at these current prices too, so the market says you are wrong as well.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I have one and not selling it for anything starting with a 6 or a 7.

I'll sell mine for 7,995 . Or trade for a MET Roadcase!

#124 6 years ago

I hope they do release it again so all the know it alls who kept pummeling people can eat their giant plate of crow like with Iron Man.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

I'll sell mine for 7,995 . Or trade for a MET Roadcase!

I know there is a lot of love on pinside for acdc but I don't get it.
Back in black is a beautiful machine and Lucy is pretty damn hot but after playing quite a few games I was surprised to have no interest in adding one to my collection.The Crazy part is I celebrate their entire catalog! I know it's worth quite a bit more but I'd pass on a BIB or Lucy trade for my MET road case.

#126 6 years ago

I'm hoping for some bad ass hand drawn art on the PF. If that happens I'll just buy a PF and do a PF swap

#127 6 years ago

personally i didnt care for the luci artwork.

i mean an ACDC pin, for me, should reflect the band with regards to any artwork..

i can understand though, why some would like it. : P

not for me... give me a BIBLE . ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

#128 6 years ago

What next you may ask? Possibly Vault Edition goldfish catcher?

Screenshot_2017-05-17-20-57-20 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-05-17-20-57-20 (resized).png

#129 6 years ago

the premium and pro are vaulted. premium will be NIB less then what people are getting for used ones now. the pro will be also less than what used pros are selling for. everyone paying stupid money for pros and premiums as of late is kinda funny.

#130 6 years ago

hmmm, looks like all the know it all's didn't quite.....know it all!

#131 6 years ago

I was just in the market for an AC DC Premium right around the $7600 to $7700 range. Looks like I'm going to have to hold out so I can figure out what exactly is going on and what the value/extras will be.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

I was just in the market for an AC DC Premium right around the $7600 to $7700 range. Looks like I'm going to have to hold out so I can figure out what exactly is going on and what the value/extras will be.

I think now there will need to be quite a few mods to get up to that price range.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I think now there will need to be quite a few mods to get up to that price range.

And hopefully by Fall Stern has gone back to a better quality wood so the recent cabinet issues go away.

#134 6 years ago

There are NO AC/CD's flooding the market. There is no AC/DC VE coming. It's all in your head.
Cough, cough.

#135 6 years ago

I'm laughing at all the turds on the beginning of this post! Just got a big ol FLUSHING!

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I'm laughing at all the turds on the beginning of this post! Just got a big ol FLUSHING!

Guarantee 90% of them owned AC/DC.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I know there is a lot of love on pinside for acdc but I don't get it.
Back in black is a beautiful machine and Lucy is pretty damn hot but after playing quite a few games I was surprised to have no interest in adding one to my collection.

AC/DC isn't normally understood in a few games. Just shooting around usually doesn't get it done, and in fact, the generic shot map can become fairly boring... until some of the rules start to click in your head. For me, it was at league one night. I was in the same boat as you, what the heck is with the love for this game. And I grabbed someone who knew the game and said "explain". We played 3 games on it together, with him doing a fantastic job of explaining a strategy. He didn't get crazy trying to explain the whole game, he just explained one strategy for building up and collecting a score. It had risk / reward choices in it, and it clicked for me that night.

I'm not saying you would dig it if someone went through the game like that with you. There are lots of games I understand and yet don't enjoy playing. But I am saying that the love for AC/DC is well deserved. The only defect (if you call it that) is that people do seem to get locked into a single way to play it, and they miss out on other parts of the game.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The VE will be an ugly comic book version that will cause the price of originals to remain unchanged...

Annnndd....will lose the best callout voice actor to ever grace a pinball game (sorry Ernie Hudson..)

#139 6 years ago

price quote from local distributor: pro=$5100 Shipped Premium=$6795 plus shipping of $125 to $225 depending on if I get order shipped with other games. Sure beats the 8k people were asking!

#140 6 years ago

Not sure this pricing is much different. There were always plenty of stock $7000 machines out there. The 8k machines had color DMDs, Helen kits and other mods too. There will will be plenty of new owners that will be into it for $8K pretty quick.

#141 6 years ago

While it's great for people who want a NIB AC/DC, it kind of sucks as a collector knowing that your Stern machine will likely never raise in value much beyond the MSRP. Once it does, a re-run of that machine will likely happen.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

While it's great for people who want a NIB AC/DC, it kind of sucks as a collector knowing that your Stern machine will likely never raise in value much beyond the MSRP. Once it does, a re-run of that machine will likely happen.

To a degree, shortsightedness by Stern.

One reason people agreed to pay more, was the collect-ability factor.
Stern played in with LE, numbered games, "Limited"
By playing the Semantics game, and for pure profit indifference to the collectors who found additional reason....possible appreciation, Stern will apparently re-release what they wish.
What this does for me, personally, is unless my better judgement is pushed aside, all NIB will depreciate, not sure of rate, but I can only think of cars, I will wait for a HUO at a significant discount.
There are so many great games, that waiting for a year or so after release, bugs and code hashed over, plenty of time to play, the only thing not present is bragging rights of having the newest.

Not sure if the strategy will hurt them long term, as we never saw IM prices return to the speculative prices before VE, but
Collectors, who feel the need of appreciation of their purchase, possibly, is much less of a reality now.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

price quote from local distributor: pro=$5100 Shipped Premium=$6795 plus shipping of $125 to $225 depending on if I get order shipped with other games. Sure beats the 8k people were asking!

I got my premium for $6500 4 years ago, so this seems like a pretty good deal!

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Good lord man.

Their were no stock $8K games for sale outside of Luci (which isn't part of the VE) and actually selling. Those would be pipe dreams IMHO looking for suckers. All those games selling at those prices were highly modded out games with very desirable and some even with no longer available options. You are still looking at $7K+ shipped for a new prem and that's assuming Stern doesn't do another price increase. That is relative to what the market was bearing before the VE was announced.

I know you are having fun running around tooting your own horn but I still 100% disagree with most of your thoughts in this thread.

AC/DC's were not and are not "flooding" the market. Their are still less of them for sale (% wise) than many other less produced titles by % of games made.

The VE is not going to collapse the value of AC/DC's. Used Pro's were selling for mid 4's up to mid 5's depending on mods. If anything, this release just solidified that market and unless their are some major changes to the Prem it's release isn't going to do much to the prem value either.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

My 2012 Prem was $5600 NIB. So, I guess it'll always be worth more than I paid. I love it and never want to sell it, so who cares! Win win!

#146 6 years ago

It cracks me up when all these people "know for a fact" that Stern "will never run x game again"......if there is a good amount of PROFIT to be made by Stern by doing a run of ANY game they've ever made, they will find a way to do it. That's what any good manufacturer would do!

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What this does for me, personally, is unless my better judgement is pushed aside, all NIB will depreciate, not sure of rate, but I can only think of cars, I will wait for a HUO at a significant discount.

The hobby was this way for a long time until recently when everyone who buys NIB expects it to go up in price or worst case break even. Case in point:

Quoted from DeeGor:

it kind of sucks as a collector knowing that your Stern machine will likely never raise in value much beyond the MSRP.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

It sucks as a collector how????? I think you mean it sucks for someone wanting to flip a game or someone trying to use pinball as an investment. If your worried about money don't buy them. Put your money in the bank.
I am a collector, yes I collect pins with anywhere from 40 to 70 games in my collection. I could care less what they remake or if they make 10,000 of the same game. Bring it on, the more the better. Some of my games go up in value some go down. I lose some money and gain some money. Big deal. I've never bought a game with the thought of is this going to go up in value or down. I buy games because I like to play them and like to collect them.

#149 6 years ago

I have AC/DC premium and I think it's great when they rerelease a game. Even if I own it. When you buy NIB, you should be expecting to take a loss when it comes time to sell. Sure...2% of the time you luck out and it goes up in value, but for the most part, you are going to take a hit. Who gives a shit. If you are buying NIB games because you are expecting to cash in. then you are an asshole anyway so nobody it going to care.

Buy it because you like it, and like it enough that you would like to own one. You played it enough times to know you want one. Hope they keep making more so everyone that wants one can get one. least they are making more of good games.

Now if they flood the market with Street fighter 2's .......OMG....those are the dreams horrors are made of. Burning all that plywood isn't good for the environment.

#150 6 years ago

I would rather have an original than a refake.
(that was humor friends and not a serious statement.. for those that needed to be told)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdcs-flooding-the-market/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.