By ccbiggsoo7

8 months ago

Stats

• 173 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2017-05-17-20-57-20 (resized).png
Screenshot_2017-05-16-19-45-01 (resized).png
IMG_8057 (resized).PNG
37c68de8a807958faa241d40ed261c1f5eb63ffd (resized).jpg
SMVEPremiumGAMEpage (resized).png
image (resized).png

There are 173 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

ACDC has terrible art & a dated obsolete DMD
That is no rumor

And it's not even remotely close to being one of my favorite games, but my guests enjoy it so it will stay.

#52 8 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

ACDC has terrible art

Depends on the version..Love Luci art more than the game

#53 8 months ago

Most people have limited funds and with the price of pins most collectors have to sell a pin to get a new one. If they do have the funds, many people don't have the space for lots of pins.

With all the new pins being announced, and with prices of pins increasing, sometimes a collector has to sell something that can closely cover the new price and while makimg room for the incoming pin.

AC/DC is one of the few pins that can cover the retail price of a new pin as it has pretty much held its price or increased in value.

That's my guess.

#54 8 months ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Another useless thread

Yep! Everybody pile in!

#55 8 months ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Since the rumor is true...I am selling my Luci 3000$ !

Did not get any PM so Dropping Luci at 2500.00.

#56 8 months ago

The Op sure got everybody worked up!

#57 8 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But, that really has no bearing on whether a game plays good or bad.
Rob

Agreed

Until I play Shrek

Fuck Shrek lol

Love me some Family Guy tho

I can't explain it

Same goes for the DMD. I'm ready to sell all my DMD shit for new games with kick ass art & a next gen LCD display

#58 8 months ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Depends on the version..Love Luci art more than the game

It's got the same F'n PF art brother!

The only difference is two copy/paste hoes on the lower PF no one uses lol

#59 8 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Cabinet is killer...Man, if you could only play that!

#60 7 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

nothing like Daisy Dukes and leather!

#61 7 months ago

With 8 AC/DC prem/le's listed, there is no flood, more like being ankle deep in AC/DC's. Odd there are no pro's listed I'd have expected to see 5 or 6 under normal circumstances.

#62 7 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

With 8 AC/DC prem/le's listed, there is no flood, more like being ankle deep in AC/DC's. Odd there are no pro's listed I'd have expected to see 5 or 6 under normal circumstances.

Star Wars will cost more than a pro.

#63 7 months ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Agreed. I kick myself for not buying one.

I have the regular Premium which looks OK, still don't enjoy the music or gameplay, however.

#64 7 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Agreed. I kick myself for not buying one.
I have the regular Premium which looks OK, still don't enjoy the music or gameplay, however.

I would set your acdc free to someone else then. Why not?

#65 7 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I would set your acdc free to someone else then. Why not?

I have a few friends who love playing it so it stays.

#66 7 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I have a few friends who love playing it so it stays.

You are a very good friend to have for sure.

#67 7 months ago

Mike_J, if you have a boat too I would like to be your friend....

#68 7 months ago

I think I'd rather keep my Luci and sell my GB Pro if I'm going to get a SW. I can live with ACDC code the way it is even though it's not perfect. On the other hand, I think GB code just isn't 'there' for long term playability in a home collection. I had a lot of fun with GB, but the honeymoon is over with that game.

Rob

#69 7 months ago

What's the current market price for a very low plays Let There Be Rock (LTBR)? I've always loved this art package and I know where one is at. Only 200 made also. This one is loaded out also with colorDMD, speakers, etc.

I've always loved the Mirrored backglasses of LTBR and BIBLE, they really pop.

#70 7 months ago

Higher than a Luci, less than a BIBLE is where I would go on a LTBR.

1 week later
#71 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

What's the current market price for a very low plays Let There Be Rock (LTBR)? I've always loved this art package and I know where one is at. Only 200 made also. This one is loaded out also with colorDMD, speakers, etc.
I've always loved the Mirrored backglasses of LTBR and BIBLE, they really pop.

How can anyone love the art package of LTBR compared to a Prem? It's the exact same cabinet art. That LE is friggin pointless. You get a decent backglass, and some McDonald's looking trim with Premium cabinet art.

I'd consider Luci worth more or at least equal to LTBR.

#72 7 months ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

How can anyone love the art package of LTBR compared to a Prem? It's the exact same cabinet art. That LE is friggin pointless. You get a decent backglass, and some McDonald's looking trim with Premium cabinet art.
I'd consider Luci worth more or at least equal to LTBR.

I get that the Luci package is nice (I had one), but I've also owned a LTBR, and that mirrored backglass is not just "decent", it's bad ass. And that McDonalds trim is laser cut and looks killer on the machine. Now I get that cartoon boobs are awesome to many, but not enough to devalue a true LE with the upgrades IMO.

With the rumors of remakes, Luci may not be so limited in the end. LTBR seems like a hard to find pin, I see many more Luci's up for sale.

37c68de8a807958faa241d40ed261c1f5eb63ffd (resized).jpg

#73 7 months ago

I'm not convinced enough people would buy ACDCVE

Its a common game found anywhere so it's easy to get your fill. Compare the art, layout & display to more recent games & who the F would actually buy it at NIB inflated SMVE pricing?

#74 7 months ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

nah, BIBLE cabinet is the best.!

: P

#75 7 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm not convinced enough people would buy ACDCVE
Its a common game found anywhere so it's easy to get your fill. Compare the art, layout & display to more recent games & who the F would actually buy it at NIB inflated SMVE pricing?

Agreed unless Stern goes with an all new hand-drawn art package on the VE. The biggest flaw in ACDC is the art. If they made it look as nice as Aerosmith or Ghostbusters i think it would sell really well! I know that would put me over the edge on buying one as long as they keep the Premium pricing at $7K. The gameplay and rules are fantastic but if I'm going to spend that much on a pin I would really want the artwork to be of a higher caliber.

#76 7 months ago

I keep seeing Metallicas pop up for sale much more than AC/DC... :shrug:

#77 7 months ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

I keep seeing Metallicas pop up for sale much more than AC/DC... :shrug:

For years there were not to many MET's for sale. Seemed like folks knew the license was winding down, so if they sold theirs it would be take more work to get it back. I think when Stern said they are extending the license more started to come on the market, especially Pros. NIB buyers figured they could get one anytime over the next couple of years and sellers figured they could more easily get one if they have regrets. There have been more for sale but no flood gates. Folks love the game.

#78 7 months ago

Cant say that this is true...wait...I sold mine today!

1 week later
#79 7 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Agreed unless Stern goes with an all new hand-drawn art package on the VE. The biggest flaw in ACDC is the art. If they made it look as nice as Aerosmith or Ghostbusters i think it would sell really well! I know that would put me over the edge on buying one as long as they keep the Premium pricing at $7K. The gameplay and rules are fantastic but if I'm going to spend that much on a pin I would really want the artwork to be of a higher caliber.

About that $7K price for a Premium, in talking to a supplier I deal with they said Stern recently renewed the AC/DC license for 500 units combined (Pro, Premium & apparently a NEW FREAKING LE) it also looks like AC/DC will be remade on the SAM System & not be ported over to Spike 2.

The MSRP prices I was quoted sounds like Stern is right back at their recent pricing tricks, higher costs with quality TBD (considering their recent PF & Cabinet snafu's):
Pro $7,995
Premium $8,995
LE $9,995 (ala the new Batman66-LE pricing strategy apparently) - let's hope they don't "F" their Distributors over again like they did with the BM66-LE & BM66-SLE

I REALLY hope he's wrong about there being ANOTHER LE version of AC/DC - 2 LE's are enough IMO w/200-LTBR's & 300-BIB's:(3 LE's if you want to count the 172-LUCI's 8-),

He also stated new Art will be used which may turn out Kool depending on the Artist they use!

#80 7 months ago

So, as they make more Pros the value of mine goes up? Sweet.

#81 7 months ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

About that $7K price for a Premium, in talking to a supplier I deal with they said Stern recently renewed the AC/DC license for 500 units combined (Pro, Premium & apparently a NEW FREAKING LE) it also looks like AC/DC will be remade on the SAM System & not be ported over to Spike 2.
The MSRP prices I was quoted sounds like Stern is right back at their recent pricing tricks, higher costs with quality TBD (considering their recent PF & Cabinet snafu's):
Pro $7,995
Premium $8,995
LE $9,995 (ala the new Batman66-LE pricing strategy apparently) - let's hope they don't "F" their Distributors over again like they did with the BM66-LE & BM66-SLE
I REALLY hope he's wrong about there being ANOTHER LE version of AC/DC - 2 LE's are enough IMO w/200-LTBR's & 300-BIB's:(3 LE's if you want to count the 172-LUCI's 8-),
He also stated new Art will be used which may turn out Kool depending on the Artist they use!

If they are limited to 500 units total aren't all the models essentially LE's? If they have hand drawn art they will sell out fast even at those prices!

#82 7 months ago

$8,000 pro?

God bless the greedy USA

#83 7 months ago

"IF" Stern sells all 500 there's no reason they can't re-up for XXX more of this"new" version of AC/DC.
And again those prices were MSRP & no one I know pays that.

#84 7 months ago

This would be, I would think, to include the new color LCD. Because of that, I would expect a price hike. I would think prices would be in line with AS.

#85 7 months ago
Quoted from ledge:

nah, BIBLE cabinet is the best.!
: P

If I could up vote this post more than once, I would

#86 7 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This would be, I would think, to include the new color LCD. Because of that, I would expect a price hike. I would think prices would be in line with AS.

No lcd if on the SAM system.

#87 7 months ago

I remember Gary Stern stating LE's would never be remade as they value their LE customers

#88 7 months ago

Remake is on the way........The cat is out of the bag.

#89 7 months ago

What's next on the docket, AC/DC or Star Wars?

#90 7 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What's next on the docket, AC/DC or Star Wars?

This is tough for me to say, but I hope it's ACDC. That'll give them more time to get SW right. One more crappy SW game and they'll have to keep me away from sharp objects, cars left running in the garage, and the rooftops of tall buildings.

#91 7 months ago
Quoted from Toads:

I remember Gary Stern stating LE's would never be remade as they value their LE customers

They'll use a "loophole" by not remaking BIB or LTBR. It'll be a Thunderstruck LE or something.

#92 7 months ago
Quoted from Toads:

Facebook post from Stern after posting a pic of a customers BIB in for repair and a bunch of people freaked out...

IMG_8057 (resized).PNG

#93 7 months ago

Case closed, No more AC/DC remakes per George Gomez and Gary Stern..

#94 7 months ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Case closed, No more AC/DC remakes....

The wording is important. No existing LE's get remade. So no Vault Luci LE, no Vault Back in Black LE, no vault Let There Be Rock LE.

He did NOT say they wouldn't make more Pros, Premiums, or an all-new DIFFERENT LE (i.e. Highway to Hell LE, Dirty Deeds LE, Thunderstruck LE, Shoot to Thrill LE, etc). Seems like that's the plan.

All new art and a cool LE would make this very interesting for me, and I think a lot of others.

#95 7 months ago

I just want newer code to tweak a few things please!

Rob

#96 7 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just want newer code to tweak a few things please!
Rob

And fix the LED attack and decay by a few milliseconds to make it more natural incandescent-like.

#97 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

the wording is important. No LE's get remade. So no Vault Luci LE

They can remake all the Luci's they want it was not an LE.

#98 7 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

They can remake all the Luci's they want it was not an LE.

Ah, right. I forgot. They made so few it actually became the rarest one even though not an official LE.

Shoot to Thrill would be a perfect pinball theme LE name, but I'd be cool with any of the ones I mentioned.

#99 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Ah, right. I forgot. They made so few it actually became the rarest one even though not an official LE.

No one really knows how many Luci's were made, all rumors as Stern never released production numbers.

Quoted from limelime20:

Case closed, No more AC/DC remakes per George Gomez and Gary Stern..

Where did you here that?

#100 7 months ago

With Robert Winter posting a Luci NIB for sale recently, it sure *seems* like some are trying to sell before the bottom possibly falls out on their pinvestments (ala Iron Man). I said seems... maybe I'm wrong... who knows.... No offense to Robert, it's his game and he can ask what he wants. If someone wants to buy it or make him an decent offer, good for him.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 173 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside