(Topic ID: 106370)

ACDC - Why no Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap?

By cooked71

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - Just wondering why isn't it one of the tracks for Sterns ACDC? Would be a better choice than a lot of the tracks that actually made it on. IMO.

Maybe a licensing thing?

#2 9 years ago

Why No Shoot to Thrill.

#3 9 years ago

Dirty deads is to slow of a song. I can see why they didn't use it.

Shoot to thrill on the other hand? Don't know, but it might have been because of the license with the ironman movie at the time?

#4 9 years ago

Riff raff would have been awesome too

#5 9 years ago

Too slow? It would be an awesome track to play to IMO.

Theres slower ones on there....

#6 9 years ago

Did i read somewhere you can edit tracks and insert your own? Be great to switch out a couple of tracks...even though the modes might not match.

#7 9 years ago

Shoot to Thrill would be awesome also.

#8 9 years ago

Hey Mark, Pinball Browser is a massive topic. ACDC and MET have had people swapping songs out like mad.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

There are other threads under the game titles, for example getting new AC/DC jukebox cards made to match new songs, etc.

#9 9 years ago

When I owned my ACDC I put both Shoot to Thrill and Dirty Deeds on my pin. They were great.

#10 9 years ago

My AC/DC Pro has both of those songs. Thanks Pinball Browser!

#11 9 years ago

Do any of you guys throw Mistress for Christmas on your game during the Holidays?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

When I owned my ACDC I put both Shoot to Thrill and Dirty Deeds on my pin. They were great.

I had them both on mine and they were totally awesome, also big balls, it was a nice change and they fit in just fine imo.

#13 9 years ago

Says who?image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Says who?

image.jpg 163 KB

That's my handiwork I believe. Did you get that from Arcade and Me?

Also Dirty Deeds is one of the best songs to play it to. How anyone thinks it's too slow blows my mind but to each his own. Too slow are half the songs on a stock MET.

#15 9 years ago

I got a ACDC Plastic with the song changes as well (need to post a pic with it installed). Changed out two songs and added Shoot to Thrill and Dirty Deeds......best part is Dirty Deeds comes on after the match sequence right at the Dirty Deeds chant. Shoot to Thrill replaced the song that has the cannon as the mode and the graphics shooting, so it looks stock

#16 9 years ago

We have shoot to thrill where you have Dirty Deeds so it is what plays after each game. I LOVE it as it's my favorite song.

#17 9 years ago

I would just put the whole Powerage record on there and call it a day. And then when I'm in the mood, I'd have a zip drive on hand with a pinball browser modified code with High Voltage on it.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

That's my handiwork I believe. Did you get that from Arcade and Me?
Also Dirty Deeds is one of the best songs to play it to. How anyone thinks it's too slow blows my mind but to each his own. Too slow are half the songs on a stock MET.

Yes, and thanks!

My game over music is- "if you're, havin' trouble makin' one-night stands, try playin' in a rockin' band. It's a long way to the top..."

It was totally non-intentional, so I just got lucky.

#19 9 years ago

"Why no Big Balls?" is the question I am asking!

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Yes, and thanks!
My game over music is- "if you're, havin' trouble makin' one-night stands, try playin' in a rockin' band. It's a long way to the top..."
It was totally non-intentional, so I just got lucky.

That is so awesome! I might have to move long way to the top to that position. Currently Long Way to the Top is our Encore song if you make it that far.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Says who?

image.jpg 163 KB

If you want blood would be awesome on the jukebox.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

If you want blood would be awesome on the jukebox.

Somebody has done it. I remember making a plastic with that on it.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Somebody has done it. I remember making a plastic with that on it.

Uh, it's on the pic I posted above

#24 9 years ago

In the promotional video, DDDDC and Big Balls are mentioned by the designers as favorite songs. Another interview said that AC/DC's people dictated the songs and wanted some from certain eras (i.e. the newer album.) Very recently Gary Stern said in an interview that it is his job to protect the license. I took this to mean that the browser that allows song changes may be vulnerable to a legal challenge. Note to self to buy it (and the little TV it now comes with) soon.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from stooped:

In the promotional video, DDDDC and Big Balls are mentioned by the designers as favorite songs. Another interview said that AC/DC's people dictated the songs and wanted some from certain eras (i.e. the newer album.)

I wonder if the subject matter of both those tracks was a little too risky for Stern?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey Mark, Pinball Browser is a massive topic. ACDC and MET have had people swapping songs out like mad.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images
There are other threads under the game titles, for example getting new AC/DC jukebox cards made to match new songs, etc.

Can you just modify the .bin file and then use the USB to update the code as you would normally do an update? Or do you need to use a serial cable to connect?

#27 9 years ago

You just slap it on a USB and do a normal update....just make sure to search for the name of the song you replaced and change it to the new one (also done in the browser software) before updating

3 weeks later
#28 9 years ago

Ive changed the songs and they work fine. Is there any way to get them to loop once they finish? My new songs just stop if you are still playing when the song finishes.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ive changed the songs and they work fine. Is there any way to get them to loop once they finish? My new songs just stop if you are still playing when the song finishes.

All of my replaced songs loop.
You just need to edit them to the same length as the original Stern file and they will loop.
I use Audacity to edit all songs.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

They do loop, but the songs are of a fixed length. If you insert a shorter length song there will be silence at the end. If you insert a song that is longer, it gets truncated.

Rob

1 week later
#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

All of my replaced songs loop.
You just need to edit them to the same length as the original Stern file and they will loop.
I use Audacity to edit all songs.

Quoted from Rob_G:

They do loop, but the songs are of a fixed length. If you insert a shorter length song there will be silence at the end. If you insert a song that is longer, it gets truncated.
Rob

What they said but what is missing is when you replace the song with the shorter song you have to manually start the song again to have it fill in the missing time. I.e. song A is 5:00 min long and you replace with song B at 3:45 long. Using Audacity (or whatever song software you use) just start your song over and it will last 1:15 before stopping and the original song starts again. This might sound like a terrible outcome but it really isn't. It is very hard to get to the end of a song in AC/DC and even when you do the thrill of hearing a song you like better far out weighs the mid song cutoff. Song play time played a heavy roll in which songs Arcade and I used when modding ours. That and the title of the song on the jukebox plastic. The light behind the plastic isn't changeable so, if getting a new plastic, song title length is important to consider as well.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from stooped:

In the promotional video, DDDDC and Big Balls are mentioned by the designers as favorite songs. Another interview said that AC/DC's people dictated the songs and wanted some from certain eras (i.e. the newer album.) Very recently Gary Stern said in an interview that it is his job to protect the license. I took this to mean that the browser that allows song changes may be vulnerable to a legal challenge. Note to self to buy it (and the little TV it now comes with) soon.

Where do you buy it?... Link

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-why-no-dirty-deeds-done-dirt-cheap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.