(Topic ID: 10230)

ACDC who? I'll take a custom Metallica any day!

By Meph

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by flippman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Artwork aside, I watch the videos of ACDC and it just seems boring to me. It kinda struck me funny today when I ran across this custom Metallica machine that was commissioned by James Hetfield and it actually looks like a cool game. Custom art, badass soundtrack, and fast play...what more could you want.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/10/metal-on-metal-behind-the-scenes-on-a-custom-pinball-game.ars

#2 12 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Artwork aside, I watch the videos of ACDC and it just seems boring to me. It kinda struck me funny today when I ran across this custom Metallica machine that was commissioned by James Hetfield and it actually looks like a cool game. Custom art, badass soundtrack, and fast play...what more could you want.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/10/metal-on-metal-behind-the-scenes-on-a-custom-pinball-game.ars

The Metallica game was quite fun. Great sounds and art. It's a re-themed EarthShaker, but played a lot faster than any ES I've ever played.

#3 12 years ago

ACDC WHO? I'LL TAKE A CUSTOM METALLICA ANY DAY!

+1,000,000,000

#4 12 years ago

I'm surprised Stern didn't make a Metallica pin.

#5 12 years ago

If stern made it then it would have a big ugly Lars Ulrich face in the center of it and photoshopped band pictures all around it.

#6 12 years ago

And justice for ball!

Would love a Metallica pin. I got a feeling this will be made one day.

#9 12 years ago

F*** Metallica. Who sues their own fans? I would be happy to see Lars living out of a dumpster. I have never seen a "metal" band go soft like they did. Those losers will never get another dime from me.

Post edited by SealClubber : Language

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

F*** Metallica. Who sues their own fans? I would be happy to see Lars living out of a dumpster. I have never seen a "metal" band go soft like they did. Those losers will never get another dime from me.

I try not to think of anything that came after master of puppets, including the napster thing.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Did they sue fans or just sue napster?

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Did they sue fans or just sue napster?

I thought they just sued napster and had their songs removed. I'm sure wikipedia should shed some light on it. ether that or watch some kind of monster all over again... but I don't think I could take that a second time.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from ssathre:

I try not to think of anything that came after master of puppets, including the napster thing.

And Justice For All rocks pretty hard too. Then there's Death Magnetic which was a surprising return to form in a lot of ways. But yeah, most of the stuff in between those two is mostly forgettable.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

And Justice For All rocks pretty hard too.

And Justice For All is awesome!

#16 12 years ago

And Justice For All was their last good album.

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Then there's Death Magnetic which was a surprising return to form in a lot of ways.

I will just pretend you never said that jarjarisgod Death Magnetic should have been aborted from the start. Metallica chose money over music long ago. I would still take a Metallica pin any day if it encompassed the early years.

Get rid of the Hells Bells....I want For Whom the Bell Tolls and a Blitzkrieg Multiball.

#17 12 years ago

Given that they have produced the so called best sounding pin I would make sense to keep releasing music pins... I think we will see another band pin in the next 12-18 months.

#18 12 years ago

AND JUSTICE FOR BALL.

#19 12 years ago

I am holding out hope that the Metallica pin will be done by JJP. I am done with Stern and Jack can do a much better job with it anyway.

As much as I would love a 'tallica pin it would be my #2, my #1 music pin would be Iron Maiden.

#20 12 years ago

Would love an Iron Maiden pin. I saw a custom one somewhere. I'd much rather have AC/DC than Metallica. I enjoy Metallica's old music, but their newer music does nothing for me. I guess if they put one together that was pre-Black Album, that would be cool... otherwise I'm happy with AC/DC. Looking forward to it.

#21 12 years ago

I would rather buy Ballbreaker, Stiff Upper Lip, and Black Ice, then Load, Re-Load, E-ject, Garage Inc. and St. Anger.

#22 12 years ago

Funny how everyone is piling on the Pro. The Pro is aimed for the ops and entry level pinheads that can't afford the Premium. I think many will be surprised by the finished product.

What we have seen at the Germany show and now the UK show is a Coin Operated show. Thus the importance to get the Pro out first to debut it for hands on and sell product. The typical op is not going to buy a premium or Super LE.

#23 12 years ago

Sorry, Lars ruined it for me...No thanks....

#24 12 years ago

acdc anyday

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

AND JUSTICE FOR BALL.

+1

\m/ \m/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-who-ill-take-a-custom-metallica-any-day and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.