(Topic ID: 15731)

AC/DC Whats your favorite mode? Whats your Highest song JACKPOT?

By AkumaZeto

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DirtyDeeds
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-05-11_14.57.33.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

And why? I am enjoying the pro more than i thought i would.

#2 11 years ago

This is a tough one as I like several for different reasons. Favorite shot is trying to get into the lock behind the bell during Hells Bells. I like shooting the combos during Runaway Train. If I had to pick, right now I'd go with TNT due to the amazing animations and rewarding detonator blasts you get from making the shots... it's really awesome to get that one rocking during multiball.

What about you?

#3 11 years ago

Right this Minute Its a tie between TNT and Thunderstruck. The Dots on tnt are badass! The lighting cracks on Thunder Struck are wicked awesome.

I have the pro so i miss out on some goodies but man its fun. I haven't had this much fun with a new pin since TOMMY.

#4 11 years ago

I'm voting for repeat backhand shots on Runaway Train. Pretty funny to be playing near or on an AC/DC and hear that WHOOT-WHOOOT like 5-10 times in a row.

#5 11 years ago

I love the fact that the songs are the modes.Didn't realize till I played her.Whole lotta Rosie floats my pinball boat.Scott

#6 11 years ago

For sheer pinball enjoyment, on a Prem/LE, it's got to be Hell's Bells, if only because the bell sound and the physical aspect of getting the pinball smacked back toward you is fun -- in a frustrating/challenging/how-dare-you kind of way. Same reason why -- in a non-competition situation -- I love shooting the disc on Tron and having the ball whipped around all over the playfield.

I'll admit a close second is TNT for the same reasons as listed above -- I also like the scoring rules for the mode.

1 week later
    #7 11 years ago

Changed my Bolt flashers out for 906's Favorite mode WAR MACHINE. Thumping tune flashers going nuts. Updates from you guys. Lets add in this thread highest song jackpot achieved with picture.

2012-05-11_14.57.33.jpg2012-05-11_14.57.33.jpg

#8 11 years ago

War machine is my fav track and it sounds great hitting the spinner. I like trying to get it behind the bell in Hells Bells as well and the lightening bolts sound great too.

#9 11 years ago

I am still discovering all these modes and do not have a favorite right now . I am enjoying Highway to Hell and seeing how high I can get the jackpot up while kicking ass in Hell.

Jim

#10 11 years ago

I like seeing all the babes come out of the car during "Shook me all night long" and an exhausted Angus.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I like seeing all the babes come out of the car during "Shook me all night long" and an exhausted Angus.

With a thumbs up at the end.

Jim

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I am enjoying Highway to Hell and seeing how high I can get the jackpot up while kicking ass in Hell.

Jim, what's the highest jackpot you've earned out of the HTH (or other mini playfield modes)? It never seemed all that lucrative to me, but perhaps that's because I wasn't playing well enough on the mini-PF.

#13 11 years ago

"Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" is really a great way to start a game (on an LE) when you are showing someone for the first time. Don't pull the plunger; just hit the fire button and the ball will shoot into the jukebox where your guest can start the game in "Hell" right off the bat. I guarantee you that their adrenaline will start pumping and their hands will start to sweat. It may not be that lucrative, but it is fun.

We all love the game and it should be ranked much higher than 69th, but be careful before a "TRON lynching party" forms here at Pinside.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Jim, what's the highest jackpot you've earned out of the HTH (or other mini playfield modes)? It never seemed all that lucrative to me, but perhaps that's because I wasn't playing well enough on the mini-PF.

Well, I think the code is still too early because you can only shoot the cannon one time after exiting from hell. I have had hell jackpot up to 20 million after visiting hell twice on the same ball but the cannon will just fire the ball into the PF without me pushing the fire button,this happens when you have already fired the cannon once during the HTH mode.

I had PF X3 lit and If the game would have allowed me to fire the cannon it would have been a 60 million jackpot.

Hope the code gets fixed soon.

The most I have gotten is 6.2 million in hell then missed the target . I did achieve a 4.5+ million and had X2 lit and hit the target for just under 10 million,that is my best so far.

This is a amazing game ! I almost wish I had never seen it as all my other games feel like EMs compared to Back in Black..

Jim

#15 11 years ago

I like war machine just because I like repeating the word war machine a hundred times.

#16 11 years ago

I don't think there is a mode I don't like, this is the best Stern since I don't know when. Awesome sounds and game play.

Someone said to me “don’t you get bored with the same music”? I pointed out that on a normal pin you get the same sound track each time whereas this has 12 badass tracks to choose from!

#17 11 years ago

Thunderstruck and Rosie. Oh and Rocking roll train and Let there be rock. Yeah all good. TNT is a love hate.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Thunderstruck

That is not a easy mode , you need to select thunderstruck and get multiball then bash the crap out the targets .

Jim

#19 11 years ago

My best is a 40-something mil jackpot, from rock+roll train, racked up during a good ball with at least one multiball, collected with trip scoring (was 13.x or 14.x mil pre-multiplier). On an ACDC Pro on location. ACDC is just a great game, I would consider it Ritchie's best work, honestly. But STTNG never really spoke to me.

#20 11 years ago

Ive gotten 67 mil on Highway To Hell. Cool because my machine number is 67. High score 455 mil, thats on five balls though. My best is 200 on my first ball, no extras. So it CAN be done, all the time even if I can just work out how.. Favourite mode is usually the song I feel like listening to. The three Hell songs/modes are favourites. Then LTBR and all the others. Great game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-whats-your-favorite-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.