(Topic ID: 26495)

ACDC: what position are your outlanes set at?

By Eskaybee

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“what position is your acdc outlanes set at?”

• Middle (default) 25 votes
      46%
    • In - minimum position 27 votes
      50%
    • Wide open (I tilt a lot) 2 votes
      4%

(54 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

If you want to play as if you were in competition then you need to remove the outlane posts altogether. If you want to play to have fun, close them up to tightest setting. Closed up, the outlanes are still brutal.

I agree with all of this. From what I understand, Keith Elwin and most of the top players usually have the posts completely removed from their pins when they are practicing. Also, I actually don't really notice much if any difference between the posts being at default vs all the way in. It's still a freaking drain monster.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I have mine closed down all the way and I haven't really noticed significantly fewer drains on the left outlane. It is still pretty brutal. Hopefully this will result in me improving my nudging skills. Star posts may be an effective option for those that really want to see fewer drains I suppose.

Definitely agree (per my post above yours) that bringing the posts in doesn't really seem to reduce drains, but man, I hope nobody puts star posts in as an option. Might as well add a center peg between the flippers while they're at it.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I don't think star posts take up any less ball space. It takes the same sized rubber. And the tapered part at bottom goes under the ball. I think they are a cosmetic difference only.

Ah, then I was thinking of something different because what I was thinking of definitely takes bigger rubber.

Aren't these star posts here? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=316

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

I moved mine in, and honestly I don't think it made that much of a difference. While I like to keep my games setup as stock as much as I can, I don't feel that it makes the game that much easier, so they're going to stay that way for now.
    I also decided to leave my software/gameplay options stock.. I talked to a few people that set it up a little easier to help with progression but I don't feel it's necessary at this point.

I agree with all of this (as I stated above, don't notice much if any difference with the posts moved in) and no way am I going to make any of those settings easier. The fact that it is difficult is one of the things that keeps me pressing that damn start button. The pin has a perfect balance with the code and scoring the way it is, even though I doubt that I will ever see Encore.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Premium, played one a few weeks ago briefly and liked what I saw. I am concerned though that I would find it more frustrating than fun given the fact that my pinball skills are not stellar. How punishing is it compared to something like STTNG?

It's definitely punishing if you don't hit the shots. Luckily the shots are very makable. You will have plenty of bad games that piss you off, then you will have a great game that kicks ass and that will keep you coming back for more torture (to quote Ritchie himself)!

It's a love/hate type thing and I love it! Most addicting pin I've ever owned.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-what-position-are-your-outlanes-set-at?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.