(Topic ID: 46965)

AC/DC - what do the devil horn inserts do?

By SunKing

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I've searched the forums here and have read just about every AC/DC rule I could find. I've done google searches, and have watched all the YouTube videos. I even read the entire Readme file for code updates - but I still have not found out what the devil horn inserts do. Can someone enlighten me?

I know I'm not alone....

From http://www.pinballreviews.com/acdc_rev1_6.htm -->I've played the game more than 100 times and I still don't know what the red/devil insert shots are for!

I've seen a suggestion that they extend your time in the lower playfield - but then why does the PRO have them as well? Surely, someone on here has figured it out - yes?

#2 11 years ago

No one knows really. The rule card says they qualify hell, but they don't. You need all flashing notes to qualify hell. Probably to be implemented later.

#3 11 years ago

In MB if you complete them they add a ball. Not sure about regular mode.

#4 11 years ago

I'm interested in knowing as well. Hopefully ACDC receives a couple more updates.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

In MB if you complete them they add a ball.

No, I don' think that's it. My curiosity got the best of me, and I had to take the glass off. I confirmed the devil horn inserts do not add a ball in MB - to do that you hit all the note inserts. Even with the glass off, I still could not figure out what the devil horn inserts do. I'm guessing perhaps it's something that hasn't been implemented yet??

#6 11 years ago

We need a AC/DC rules wiki. I am still baffled by a lot of stuff

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

No, I don' think that's it. My curiosity got the best of me, and I had to take the glass off. I confirmed the devil horn inserts do not add a ball in MB - to do that you hit all the note inserts. Even with the glass off, I still could not figure out what the devil horn inserts do. I'm guessing perhaps it's something that hasn't been implemented yet??

Possibly. I don't believe the game will be complete until 2.0 based on what other users have heard from Lyman. Due to the popularity of the game I hope that we will continue to get updates. So far I've heard rumors of the following.

1. More gameplay features will be added if they make the game fun.
    2. More speech will be added but will be made adjustable

What I would like to see.

1. Gameplay for the devil horn inserts, haha.
    2. More integration of the lower playfield with some objectives, animations and added speech
    3. Multiball mode where both the upper and lower playfields are active
    4. Live songs made playable.
    5. Multiball mode with the ability to lock balls behind the bell and canon.
    6. Super jackpot for hitting a shot straight through the bell while running 3x scoring.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like that

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like that one a lot. It seems like that could very well be in the mix.

I'd also like to see more use of the RGB inserts. Right now a mode pretty much keeps them static one color. But, for example, couldn't the super jackpot flash between red/blue to make it more obvious what would be shot?

I'm just going to copy over what I had in another thread:

1. More volume control - Right now there is adjustment for speech/music volume levels (they seem to be reversed?), but no adjustment for sound fx. I'd love the ability to modify the volume of sound effects independent of voice callouts and music. If they need to be tied in with something, tying them into the callouts would seem to make the most sense.

2. The Bell saucer - Right now, it doesn't seem to have a whole lot of use except in Hell's Bells, but it's entirely possible I'm missing a scoring animation. It's a hard shot, it would be nice to see it rewarded with instant 2x or 3x scoring or something.

3. The Bell - It's cool that they can control how long the bell swings with the optos/magnet. I'd like to see it used to stop the bell to allow it to be struck again. A solid hit to the bell keeps it swinging for a while, hitting again and disrupting it's trajectory also doesn't seem to register for any points. Maybe there's a reason for this, to avoid people from spamming the bell?

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'd also like to see more use of the RGB inserts. Right now a mode pretty much keeps them static one color. But, for example, couldn't the super jackpot flash between red/blue to make it more obvious what would be shot?

Some of the modes do already do this.

#11 11 years ago

I guess I've noticed a roving light (like in thunderstruck), but not really one insert flashing between two opposing colors. It may look obnoxious, not really sure.

#12 11 years ago

I don't think it would be obnoxious as long as it is a very important shot, it would stand out a lot more. They don't use green for anything and a bright green arrow all by itself would get my attention.

#13 11 years ago

I asked the King himself. His classic response I present you.

"The 3 Red Horn inserts are called the 3 Red Horn Inserts. :<) They are called Moe Larry and Curley! They are called the Red Horn Inserts. They do "stuff". Actually just shoot them when they are lit!! I am too busy with building the game to play it, except for testing on the line."

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I confirmed the devil horn inserts do not add a ball in MB - to do that you hit all the note inserts.

ha, well then, they do nothing! I thought I saw some sort of points being added when you hit them... But rumor is (reliable), is that Lyman will make them do something for "stuff" for the "tunes and stuff" shot. He is also well aware that the bell saucer doesn't do much, it hopefully will.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also rumored that something like this is being worked on, sort of a mini-wizard mode.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

ha, well then, they do nothing! I thought I saw some sort of points being added when you hit them... But rumor is (reliable), is that Lyman will make them do something for "stuff" for the "tunes and stuff" shot. He is also well aware that the bell saucer doesn't do much, it hopefully will.

Also rumored that something like this is being worked on, sort of a mini-wizard mode.

Its good to know that gameplay features for the devil inserts and bell saucer are being worked on. The game is a blast but still has a lot of room for growth. Looking forward to seeing how the game continues to get updated on the way to 2.0!

#16 11 years ago

I'm hoping Metallica bites a big one and forces them to keep making AC/DC prems until I can afford one.

#17 11 years ago

Either way they are licensed through 2014 on acdc - keep saving.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Either way they are licensed through 2014 on acdc - keep saving.

Hopefully that means will be receive updates through 2014!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-what-do-the-devil-horn-inserts-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.