6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrxsiv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which is better?”

• AC/DC 66 votes
      42%
    • Tron: Legacy 91 votes
      58%

(157 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ACDC__If_You_Want_Blood_by_W00den_Sp00.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

This poll was taken 4 mos ago. I bet if a deathmatch II happened between these two, ACDC would win.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

AC/DC Pro and LE aren't even the same game there is such a big difference. I'm not a fan of the Pro at all, but the Premium is awesome.

Truth.

Now that both games have had at least a good update, we can compare the two finally.

As for ACDC Pro and LE...they are only the same game in some ways, but play significantly different, so much so that you can tell the difference. At first it wasn't that noticeable to me, but after playing the Pro almost entirely (which I also like very much, and think is an incredible game by itself) before I spend good time on an updated LE (BIBLE & Premium)...I could tell the difference.

The dancing band, 3D train, and detonator aren't necessary either...kinda cheesy too...but some of the other LE options do change the gameplay to the point where upgrading to Premium makes sense in this title's case.

The ACDC LE bell swinging via VIP pass makes it really cool to trigger on demand. The metal ramp, which feeds left ramp balls into the cannon via divertor...doubles the time you can use the cannon during your entire game (otherwise you only have the option to spam the right ramp in the Pro model to load the cannon). Earning bell swings in fire-face underplayfield makes the game way more entertaining too in modes like Hell's Bells. And finally, the ACDC drop targets makes for more physics based randomness as the ball can smash into multiple drop targets via cannon shot...or have them triggered if the ball hits a drop target, and then dribbles south knocking more down.

As for which is my pick, it depends on which model version you are talking about, for that particular game.

If we are comparing LE models, I have to pick AC/DC LE (Premium, BIBLE, and LTBR).

If we are comparing Pro models, I have to pick Tron Legacy.

#53 6 years ago

I just got my ACDC Premium last night and couldn't stop playing it! I own the Tron Pro as well. The PF on ACDC feels like glass! very,very smooth. Tron is a great game as well. If I had to vote now, it would go to ACDC. The color changing LED's are really nice. The sub is massive and has great sound. (Better then any Stern game has ever produced.)
    I did play this pin a few months ago as well when one of my friends received his BIB.
    I have to give Stern credit here for offering a premium pin as most of us just kick ourselves for not having ordered some pf the past LE's and had to settle with the Pro's (TRON!)
    Shaun

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 32.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 110.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Pin Mods
    $ 10.00
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside