6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrxsiv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which is better?”

• AC/DC 66 votes
      42%
    • Tron: Legacy 91 votes
      58%

(157 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ACDC__If_You_Want_Blood_by_W00den_Sp00.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Since both AC/DC and Tron are hot, hot, hot here on Pinside, let's settle this the old fashioned way.

ACDC__If_You_Want_Blood_by_W00den_Sp00.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Im not a fan of the band so Tron all the way!

#3 6 years ago

Most people don't have their AC/DCs yet so right now there isn't much to fight about.

#4 6 years ago

I haven't had a chance to play an AC/DC yet... That said, I dislike the band's music so even if I like how it plays the theme will kill it for me. Tron it is!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Most people don't have their AC/DCs yet so right now there isn't much to fight about.

+1

#6 6 years ago

well ive got both and I prefer AC/DC.......that Tron is getting a little dusty!!

#7 6 years ago

I've played both. I loved the AC/DC premium but can't say the same thing for the pro. The premium has drop targets which slow the game down just a hair compared to the pro.

I love the tron franchise but didn't love the tron pro at first. It grew on me when our local arcade added a headphone jack mod to it. The music and sound in tron is amazing and it really adds to the gameplay substantially. Mediocre without or with low sound... better than average with headphones but still not as good as AC/DC IMO.

#9 6 years ago

I havent played either enough to say.

#10 6 years ago

Tron. Played both a lot on test (though not AC/DC premium). I had too many sdtm "unfair" rebounds on acdc. Bought a tron. Love it. I do think the premium features on acdc add a lot.

#11 6 years ago

I will weigh in As soon as both of these bad boys get in my basement. Any day now!

#12 6 years ago

I have both.

They both have what i like. Fast and addictive gameplay with great sound. They compliment each other. Three flipper and two.

If i only had time for one game. Acdc Premium.

#13 6 years ago

I mean 4 vs 3 flipper!

#14 6 years ago

Tron L.E.-- I have played about 10 games on and dig the ramps light effects, and the flow.
    AC/DC BiBLE --I have played and totally dig it! I like the added features and drop targets.
    AC/DC Pro --I have played over 20+ games on it and its just straight up FAST with stand-up targets!

So I will have to say AC/DC wins but not by far. I always dug AC/DC as a teen in the 80's (Heavy Metal music period)! All you who say "unfair drains,etc." You need to get better at your playing skills. If it wasn't an ASS kicker, then some of you panzies (j/k) would be saying it too fricken easy!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

The music and sound in tron is amazing and it really adds to the gameplay substantially. Mediocre without or with low sound...

Ah that may be why the last Tron I played seemed less than enthralling. Maybe a lot of that game is about the ramp lights and sound, because I've put 30 games on Trons and the game play just hasn't pulled me in. Even the color scheme is a little drab, but it looks good!

However from the first game I put on ACDC I was hooked... looks bright and flashy, it sounds great, feels solid, just pure fun even if you don't know the rules. I re-confirmed it with the ACDC Premium. It is the only NIB purchase I've ever seriously pondered, and considering Lyman is far from finishing the code, I'd have to think it will just get better.

#16 6 years ago

Tron -

#17 6 years ago

No time in on ACDC and minimul time on TRON. I will chime in on the next thread of this type. So my thoughts will be my own.

#18 6 years ago

Tron and AC/DC both greats games! But my vote is for Tron!

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Redeyes:

Tron and AC/DC both greats games! But my vote is for Tron!

I really do like both games...but AC/DC has it in the long run, and the code isnt even close to being finished yet ....

its gonna kick the crap outta tron ......

but tron holds it own against most other pins...

having both would be the way to go if you could..

if you cant AC/DC would be the winner

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Magneto:

well ive got both and I prefer AC/DC.......that Tron is getting a little dusty!!

Tron for me ... Magneto if you need the dust removed I can lend you my swifter

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Ah that may be why the last Tron I played seemed less than enthralling. Maybe a lot of that game is about the ramp lights and sound, because I've put 30 games on Trons and the game play just hasn't pulled me in. Even the color scheme is a little drab, but it looks good!

Actually, there are queues in the sound that communicate info like when the Flynn's arcade kickout is about to fire. I don't recall any visual indicator. Can any tron owners confirm this?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

Actually, there are queues in the sound that communicate info like when the Flynn's arcade kickout is about to fire. I don't recall any visual indicator. Can any tron owners confirm this?

Cues rather.

#23 6 years ago

Owned both. Tron LE #17 and BIB LE #334. AC
    /DC OWNS THIS MATCH. Tron is challenging and addictive. AC/DC is fun, challenging, addictive and entertaining. AC/DC makes my IM look like a zizzle, and I love my IM. Those are the facts.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

Baiter said:Ah that may be why the last Tron I played seemed less than enthralling. Maybe a lot of that game is about the ramp lights and sound, because I've put 30 games on Trons and the game play just hasn't pulled me in. Even the color scheme is a little drab, but it looks good!

Yes, there is a flasher inside the Arcade that goes off.

#26 6 years ago

I've played a bunch of AC/DC Pro and Tron LE. Gotta give the edge to Tron. I think of AC/DC as Terminator 4, which is not a negative at all. I think that's why it is pretty fun on the back end. It's just that Tron is such a fresh experience in comparison, to me at least.

Tron, however, seems "easier" rules wise than AC/DC. Every 4 player game I play on a Tron, 2 of us are at least lighting Sea of Simulation (again, not trying to be all "I can wizard this shit, easy...CHUMPS", just seems to be the norm). AC/DC I've yet to see what the last mode is. The thing is pretty tough in comparison.

This is coming from a huge Ritchie fan btw. It isn't easy for me to side with Tron here...and like I said, it's really close.

P.S.Also slight pet peeve with Tron...dunno if anyone else hates this: the DMD animation while earning Disc Multiball takes TOO DAMNED LONG to tell me how many hits I have left. Show the number first, then do the "WOOSH! SWOOSH! BLING BLING! WOWMMM!" animations.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

.S.Also slight pet peeve with Tron...dunno if anyone else hates this: the DMD animation while earning Disc Multiball takes TOO DAMNED LONG to tell me how many hits I have left. Show the number first, then do the "WOOSH! SWOOSH! BLING BLING! WOWMMM!" animations.

I really like Tron but I agree with this!

I am a big AC/DC fan I can’t wait until I get to play it so I can compare them.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

P.S.Also slight pet peeve with Tron...dunno if anyone else hates this: the DMD animation while earning Disc Multiball takes TOO DAMNED LONG to tell me how many hits I have left. Show the number first, then do the "WOOSH! SWOOSH! BLING BLING! WOWMMM!" animations.

Couldn't agree more!

I can't tell you how many times this happens to me: I glance up at the DMD to look for the number, it isn't displayed, look up again in another second, and nearly drain the ball!

#29 6 years ago

two awesome pins, IMHO....i have not played AC/DC yet, so it's not fair to judge. damn those AC/DC vids look awesome though.

i love my TRON: LE.....really want to add an AC/DC Premium to the mix.

bottom line though: STERN is finally stepping up to the plate. i expect good things from here on out....it's a great time to be a pinhead.

#30 6 years ago

From my totally initial impressions that I don't trust enough to vote with, and also just going Pro to Pro...

Tron. I only really got to play half a ball on one, but the shots seemed to lead to only more speed, and the variety was really cool.

ACDC Pro I got two games on. I liked it, but there are a few rules things that bugged me, and the machine that I played on more than half the time gave unsavable SDTM drains from exiting the pops, even with that little spring thing there. It has a lot of speed too, and if I was on a machine that wasn't doing that, I think it would totally rock.

I haven't played either as an LE, but that bell looks amazingly fun to hit. The ramps look cool on Tron, but I like my toys to be interactive whenever possible. I know they change colors to correlate to modes or something, but I like the ball to actually smack things in the games

#31 6 years ago

I still haven't gotten to play acdc so Tron, my fav game anyway, is an easy pic.

#32 6 years ago

well TRON will not be here for a few days, but...It is gonna have to be one HELLUVA game ,if it wants to take me away from AC/DC (I don't think it will be able to do it)

#33 6 years ago

I own a TRON LE and played the AC/DC LE serveral times on the pinballfestival in ulm/germany last weekend.

The AD/DC is well fast, even in the lower zone. Lightning reaction is needed. Right side under the cannon is bad viewable - you can´t see where the ball is going next, in or outlane. The mini-pf is a nice addon and is playable very fast like NoFears jumpramp. A top5 stern game, no question!

So, what musicstyle (rock<>electro) do you like, cause you hear it at the whole time of play.

I vote for Tron.

BTW: It was a great honor to meet Steve Ritchie.

#34 6 years ago

AC/DC Pro and LE aren't even the same game there is such a big difference. I'm not a fan of the Pro at all, but the Premium is awesome.

Quoted from sosage:

I've played a bunch of AC/DC Pro and TRON LE. Gotta give the edge to Tron.

#35 6 years ago

AC/DC LE's will be hotter than TRON LE's and better when the code is finished. I have owned both. The AC/DC makes other games I own look like Zizzles.

#36 6 years ago

I hope to be able to vote soon. I'm hoping to receive my AC/DC by the end of the month. Tron is a great game and if AC/DC is nearly as good as everyone here says it will then it will be a tough decision.

#37 6 years ago

Tron for me, but I did have a blast playing an AC/DC! (premium ver.) IMO, both are excellent machines, but the tie breaker was the Tron theme.

#38 6 years ago

From what I've played ...

Ac/dc prem >tron le > tron pro > ac/dc pro

4 months later
    #39 6 years ago

I definitely want to bump this thread and see if opinions have been changed.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Same result for me: Tron

I was able to have some quality time with an AC/DC LE since then too. Really liked the AC/DC - but love the Tron...

#41 6 years ago

This is the hardest choice I could face right now. These two machines are so far and away my two favorites right now that I don't think I could choose. ACDC rocks so hard and is just flat fun to play. TRON is the coolest pin on the planet and integrates theme better than any machine ever has, IMO.

#42 6 years ago

i have played both, or rather all 3 ACDC Pro and ACDC LE\Prem are 2 different games in my opinion.
    Tron vs ACDC Pro? I would give it to Tron..
    Tron VS ACDC LE\Premium? ACDC no question!!

#43 6 years ago

Im not a fan of the AC/DC fan, but I am a fan of the Tron Movies and classic arcade games. As for these two themes as pinball machines its not even close for me- (I played both at an arcade where they sat side by side) The AC/DC is so fast and fun that it totally wins the quarters from me. The tron is good, but not when having played AC/DC.

#44 6 years ago

Tron, all the way baby.

#45 6 years ago

AC/DC better code and better flow

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I forgot this thread even happened. I was on the fence back then because I'd only put so many games on an AC/DC Pro and a ton of games on a Tron LE (So Tron got the vote). When I got to put serious time on a Premium and got deeper into the rules, it started climbing up my "favorites list" significantly.

Two good games, but I'd definitely have to swap my vote to AC/DC Prem/LE.

What would be interesting is a Borg Tron vs. X-Men deathmatch about 6 months to a year from now.

#48 6 years ago

Tron owner here..

voted for ac/dc. this game is unbeatable. my top 5 all time...already. yup, i went there. i've only gotten maybe 50 games on ac/dc too. like i've said before..its a pinball party. tron is fun and all, but no music and rock n roll like ac/dc

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

This is the hardest choice I could face right now. These two machines are so far and away my two favorites right now that I don't think I could choose. ACDC rocks so hard and is just flat fun to play. TRON is the coolest pin on the planet and integrates theme better than any machine ever has, IMO.

Bingo!!

I've pretty much been playing nothing but AC/DC Premium since I got it a couple weeks ago. Early tonight my wife fired up Tron LE and played a few games while I was in the other room watching Thursday Night Football. Man, just hearing the sounds and music of Tron is so cool even when you aren't playing. Of course I had to come in and play a few games myself after hearing it call to me , and as much as I am absolutely addicted to AC/DC right now, Tron LE is just a great pin as well.

I hadn't played it in awhile, and it was just a good feeling to know how that it still holds my attention and gets me excited about playing it after all this time. Will AC/DC hold up as well as Tron LE? I certainly think that it will, but only time will tell for sure.

Definitely two of my favorite pins right now...with MM thrown in for good measure.

#50 6 years ago
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 64.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside