Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-05-14_11.03.42.jpg
2012-05-14_10.57.25.jpg
2012-05-14_10.55.58.jpg
2012-03-28_19.45.35.jpg
2012-03-28_21.52.07.jpg
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

To me ACDC Premium/LE is a shoe in for A-list if not there already.

John

#102 11 years ago

AC/DC LE (I have a BIB) is a AAA+ game. It has nothing to do with being new. The easiest way to tell is when I bring a group of non pin-heads over to play. Yes, they like MB, SM, SS, POTC, and LOTR... but they LOVE ACDC. Even my kids who would rather play Xbox are drawn to it and play it more than any of the others. I really think those who are bashing it are choosing to do so because they either can't have one or they are just Stern haters (or just bad taste in games).

#103 11 years ago

Pro is 15% faster. Dont write it off. If you are a tourney player or think you are good, get the pro and add FF and LEDs. Speed is blinding and the ball is always coming back to you. Ball control is key.

Here I am on Pro in HD with glass off. Early code, maybe 1.4

Watch the speed and my 4 way combo at 11:40.

#104 11 years ago

At least Stern is making a Premium edition, so there will probably be enough people to actually play one to offer an opinion. With many AC/DC LE's end up in collector's hands the average player wouldn't get to play or see the differences over a Pro unless they are lucky enough to know somebody that got a LE.

Stern is really making the two versions different enough that reviews for one are not necessarily accurate for the other. This was not the case with earlier Stern models that had LE's like Monopoly, Spider-man, etc... .

#105 11 years ago

cool vid....hey,what kind of LEDs did you have in it? got any more?

#106 11 years ago

For me personally, the question is: is the premium an upgraded pro or is the pro a downgraded premium. I think the pro is a a downgraded premium and the premium is the game that Steve really wanted to make.

Most of the speed comes from the drop targets, but only 2 of the 3 banks are drops. Also, there is a flow "hit" because of the mini, but one of the things I like best about the game is that if you never want to play the mini you don't have to, just don't select that song.

Also, on the premium, I like that you can load the cannon from both ramps.

Quoted from Av8:

Pro is 15% faster. Dont write it off.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

For me personally, the question is: is the premium an upgraded pro or is the pro a downgraded premium. I think the pro is a a downgraded premium and the premium is the game that Steve really wanted to make.

According to Steve's interview, the premium is the game he designed. The pro was a cost cut game from that.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

According to Steve's interview, the premium is the game he designed. The pro was a cost cut game from that.

Yep. from what I hear the pro is so fast you can't see what you are aiming for in multi ball . I really want to play a pro because the LE/Premiums are stupid fast .

Jim

#109 11 years ago

I just played a pro for about 30 minutes. The premium features are light and day, mainly the drop targets.

I don't think the pro is noticeably faster, the ball might bounce a little slower coming off the drops, but once the drops are down you're basically bouncing off a rubber band.

I've played now 50+ games on each and I can say they are very very close to the same speed.

Quoted from McCune:

Yep. from what I hear the pro is so fast you can't see what you are aiming for in multi ball . I really want to play a pro because the LE/Premiums are stupid fast .

Jim

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

markmon said:According to Steve's interview, the premium is the game he designed. The pro was a cost cut game from that.
Jim

it is pretty fast

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I got a tilt warning ,lmao ! Call out a bullshiter and get tilted .. I like it ! I did not do any tilting !
Jim

Wasn't me, but whatever. I rated those pins almost a week before this thread appeared, too. I guess Pinside has become a place where you are only allowed to have an opinion if it matches that of the masses.

Quoted from absocountry2:

GoneFishinLvMsg said:For the record I'm a resident of Wisconsin.
FYI, your location is listed as Porthsmouth, VA. With a VA tag as your pic, you should be able to see the confusion. So you still claim Wisconsin but live in VA, or you have not changed your info. Those are my guesses.

Hmmm, I live in VA but am a resident of another state. How is that possible?

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I guess Pinside has become a place where you are only allowed to have an opinion if it matches that of the masses.

Not true. Nobody can argue an opinion. If that is your opinion, nobody can tell you what to think.

I think the differences of opinion stem from the OP asked if AC/DC LE is comparable to the A listers.

Cut and pasted so you don't have to look it up.

Quoted from Av8:

Will ACDC Premium/LE be a classic must have in the A list high end line up? I think so.

The title just mentions AC/DC, which I can understand the mistake, but you called out others for reading comprehension when they have just responded to what you have posted.

People discounted your opinion because you haven't played it. Might as well review AC/DC next album based on their previous stuff. Same analogy as the Pro and LE seem different enough not to be the same pin.

Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I haven't seen or played the Premium/LE yet.

When you do play one someday, and if you still do not like it, nobody should give you any grief as it is your opinion. You have the same right to dislike it as somebody has to like it.

#113 11 years ago

AC/DC as it sits now has potential. The problem is, with an incomplete ruleset, who know how it'll be. I'm seriously hoping they go above and beyond.

Quoted from John_I:

To me ACDC Premium/LE is a shoe in for A-list if not there already.

#114 11 years ago

I wish there were secret songs in it like Shoot to Thrill or Ive got big balls.

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I was lucky enough to play AFM, MB, MM, TRON LE and Ironman last night! 2.5 hours in a private collection. I also have the ACDC Pro.
I tried to picture it in the line up. I walked away with this thought. ACDC is totally and completely unique.

Fair enough, but my comments were based on this. He's comparing the Pro to those titles.

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Ive got big balls.

Yesssss!!!

#117 11 years ago

What does that say for stern if some people think you can't form a true opinion of the game based on playing the pro version as opposed to the premium or le?

#118 11 years ago

in my opinion someday acdc will rival sm. it is that good. only detractor, for some, is personal distaste of the band.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

in my opinion someday acdc will rival sm. it is that good. only detractor, for some, is personal distaste of the band.

+1...How you doin' Doc?

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

What does that say for stern if some people think you can't form a true opinion of the game based on playing the pro version as opposed to the premium or le?

Says they are making 2 different games with the same theme geared to two different clientele. Earlier LE weren't that way.

Early LE's like Monopoly, Spider-man, Elvis, Lord of the Rings were mainly cosmetic differences. People were not happy that extra money really didn't get you too much extra. Now LE's have different rule sets, mods, power balls, inserts, toys, mini-playfields, etc... Play IS different now compared to the earlier LE's where translites and trim were the only differences.

Different LE's.

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It says that they are doing a great job of adding value to the LE's as they are now considered different games.

#122 11 years ago

Let the comparison begin. I picked up a MB last weekend on Moms day. Both Rock theme. MB needs a flipper rebuild and 20 other little parts. Plus a sub woofer.

Took this cool pic.

2012-05-14_10.55.58.jpg2012-05-14_10.55.58.jpg 2012-05-14_10.57.25.jpg2012-05-14_10.57.25.jpg 2012-05-14_11.03.42.jpg2012-05-14_11.03.42.jpg

#123 11 years ago

I am looking forward to your thoughts. That's a game I want and we both are doing the AcDc. Let me know if that's. Classic worth dealing with or stay NiB.

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Let the comparison begin. I picked up a MB last weekend on Moms day. Both Rock theme. MB needs a flipper rebuild and 20 other little parts. Plus a sub woofer.
Took this cool pic.

Attachments 2012-05-14_11.03.42.jpg (307.3 KB, 0 downloads) 16 minutes old 2012-05-14_10.57.25.jpg (278.9 KB, 0 downloads) 16 minutes old 2012-05-14_10.55.58.jpg (257 KB, 0 downloads) 16 minutes old

They are just so different. MB is a classic with great humor. AC/DC fast and furious. Collections are best with a variety of different pins..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-vs-the-a-listers/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.