(Topic ID: 28256)

ACDC vs TAF ......does one hold up better than the other?

By Max_Badazz

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Adding one more game..... which has longer lasting appeal?”

• ACDC Pro - it kicks butt and has depth you won't get tired of 20 votes
    38%
  • TAF : classic that is a long time keeper (ACDC music will get old) 27 votes
    51%
  • Niether :Go get a NGG 6 votes
    11%

(53 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider max_badazz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I have the option of getting either an ACDC Pro (used) or a TAF (has a flipper issue and loud thing motor). Assuming both are roughly the same price, which would you choose? I had a TAF years ago and regret selling it. However the few games of ACDC I have played, its pretty damn good.

Since everyone has probably played TAF enough to judge it, those that own ACDC, is it better? Going LE/Prem. on it is not an option (Pro only). After talking with a friend of mine that has a Premium, his feedback leads me to favor ACDC....any other opinions will be appreciated

This next purchase is filling my final slot in the gameroom, and I am sick of getting games that I get bored of 4-6 months later.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

AC/DC is good, but GNR is still the best Music pin ever made. TAF just has great toys, great layout and fun modes. TAF all the way.

This is good to hear..... I had GNR for a bit over a year and got sick of the game, partially because of the music ( and I love gnr). My concern is that will ACDC's layout and rules hold up to 400 games a year without getting old

#27 11 years ago

Premium is out....I am looking to pick up a slightly routed pro. Is the prem really deal breaker? I luckily preordered Tron LE and avoided the high prices. After playing the pro a ton on vacation, I enjoyed it just as much as the left. I am thinking ACDC prem will be the same....flashier, but not a necessity.

Life's decisions..... worrying about what game to get.

#36 11 years ago

Well as an update, I am going to pursue the used ACDC Pro. Since opinions are nearly a draw for each side, it came down to:

- I dumped my TAF years ago partially because it was a beater and I wanted to get a nice one (and I got a near mint POTC for it). The one I was looking into getting was a regular one (routed) with some minor issues and some cosmetic flaws

- My daughter who I thought wanted TAF (she loves the movies) told me to get ACDC...yes she has good taste for music as a 4th grader since she always hears my fine tunes in the car (GnR, ACDC, VH, Led Zep, etc)

Since I try to get games she will play, ACDC will win this round

Thx for all the opinions

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider max_badazz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-vs-taf-does-one-hold-up-better-than-the-other?tu=max_badazz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.