You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STARWARS LE (resized).JPG
KISS LE side art (resized).jpg
Batman 66 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I always liked AC/DC and have fond memories of playing it when it was released. For those who have AC/DC and newer machines like Aerosmith, Dialed In, Star Wars etc. how does it hold up agains them 5 years after release?

#2 6 years ago

ACDC rocks and easily holds it own compared to some of the newer games like SW LE with some of the best code written and silky smooth shots. Absolutely an all-time great.

#3 6 years ago

Tough question.

I was same as you: fond memories of AC/DC and when the VE came out really wanted it.

But I have friends who just don't get AC/DC and warned me not to buy.

So I found someone who owned one (an original) and went and played it solid for an hour. Still loved it, bought the VE and don't regret it. I also own a TWD and I rate them equally.

#4 6 years ago

I think a lot of modern Stern games are more controversial. Players either like them or hate them. Most people are at least okay with AC/DC. IMO better than Star Wars and Aerosmith. Dialed In is a great game, but if I had to pick just one game to have at home, I would go with AC/DC. It's a classic layout, so if you're good at AC/DC, you're good at pinball period. I might also consider vault Spiderman.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from FlashDaddy:

if you're good at AC/DC, you're good at pinball period.

Just had to quote this.

#6 6 years ago

Good question. I do think pins from just 5-10 years ago, AC/DC included, are already starting to look and feel dated compared to the new stuff. The HD LCD displays, stereo sound, better lighting, better artwork (on most titles) and newer cabinets with sharper graphics all make a big difference. On the other hand the former Sterns tend to have more playfield features. So, tough to say which era is best. I like them both. AC/DC may not feel as revolutionary as when it first came out, but it still rocks and is a great purchase even today.

#7 6 years ago

I looked at your collection nice . You have already owed AC/DC . KISS is on your wish list . You can get a KISS LE at a reduced price . I like KISS better than all the music STERN music pinball . But that is subjective as AC/DC has a great following . I think your question is a bit unclear as you are not stating you want one. So yes I do not care for AC/DC buts others have said it hold its own. These are better only in my perspective . As Newer titles go .

Batman 66 (resized).JPGBatman 66 (resized).JPG

KISS LE side art (resized).jpgKISS LE side art (resized).jpg

STARWARS LE (resized).JPGSTARWARS LE (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-ve-vs-newer-title and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.