Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stein_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
Unknown_(resized).png
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Is it?

Luci VE could easily sell 1000.

#2 7 years ago

Probable, maybe, who knows?

If Stern can make a buck off it I can't see why they wouldn't.

#3 7 years ago

I have not heard of a VE on this game., at least in 2016

#4 7 years ago

Not coming until 2018 or later..........

#5 7 years ago

It will come. If there is money to be had on a title the license will be secured. AC/DC not making $$ touring anymore, so I bet we see one within 3 years.

#6 7 years ago

If they only sold around 200 Luci machines before, I don't think 1000 would be an easy to attain number at all

#7 7 years ago

Just buy a stock acdc prem now for $6k or 4k for a pro and run with it if I were you.

#8 7 years ago

If it does can you imagine what the price will be? The last run (luci) were around 6800-7 and that was years ago so if it was done id guess 7500-7800 wld be the price tag.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Just buy a stock acdc prem now for $6k or 4k for a pro and run with it if I were you.

Can you point me in the direction where someone has a $4k HUO or NIB pro in CA from the latest run...? Thanks

Truth is, if the license holder drops the costs, stern will redo it. But with so many other good games on the line (MET, TWD, GOT, GB, etc...) there really is no reason for stern to take a high dollar license and have little profit return from it (or so I've heard it's high dollar anyway).

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

It will come. If there is money to be had on a title the license will be secured. AC/DC not making $$ touring anymore, so I bet we see one within 3 years.

Incorrect. They are making money touring right now. They are currently on the European leg of the Rock or Bust tour.

#11 7 years ago

AXL / DC ?

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

If they only sold around 200 Luci machines before, I don't think 1000 would be an easy to attain number at all

I believe the number previously disclosed on Pinside is ...

Unknown_(resized).pngUnknown_(resized).png

#13 7 years ago

Yeah and it's not that only 171 people wanted them, it's that they were only able to crank out that many before the original license expired.

Rumored to be quite a few parts on hand for the rest they (mistakenly) planned on making.

Anyway, if a Luci VE does appear I'm buying!

#14 7 years ago

171 it is...I think that's around 200

No way 1000 would be doable...with all the great titles Stern has in production, shouldn't be any big demand on this pin.

#15 7 years ago

Nope - not coming ... At least no time soon.

#16 7 years ago

I heard from a reliable source they're going to rerun premiums in November. Don't listen to the naysayers who are afraid the value of their precious machine is going down.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Yeah and it's not that only 171 people wanted them, it's that they were only able to crank out that many before the original license expired.
Rumored to be quite a few parts on hand for the rest they (mistakenly) planned on making.
Anyway, if a Luci VE does appear I'm buying!

Only 230 were planned apparently. ..just enough so it wasn't as limited as the le .

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I heard from a reliable source they're going to rerun premiums in November. Don't listen to the naysayers who are afraid the value of their precious machine is going down.

I hope so and I own one... but who knows with the license disagreement they had. Regardless the price for it will be mid 7s more than likely which is fine bc I dont have much more in mine and it has 2500 in upgrades and its not ever leaving.

#19 7 years ago

I own one and I say sure rerun them, but as bigd metioned dont plan for a $6800 delivered LUCI. That would be cool though. Mid $7k's I guess also. I bought mine for $6600 local with color dmd, shaker, FF sub and other mods. So I would be in the $8000's to add that stuff on a new one.
I would be surprised if it came out later this year. SW would hurt sales of acdc ve like GB hurt SMVE.

#20 7 years ago

A "Luci" OR regular premium makes ZERO difference at the end of the day.

Yet, people are dumb enough to pay a lot more $$$ to buy a "Luci" pin because why? It's an "LE"?

Are you sure? Stern might run another 500 or so if demand is there? Or another version preferably.

WTF

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A "Luci" OR regular premium makes ZERO difference at the end of the day.
Yet, people are dumb enough to pay a lot more $$$ to buy a "Luci" pin because why? It's an "LE"?
Are you sure? Stern might run another 500 or so if demand is there? Or another version preferably.
WTF

I'm having trouble locating the LE plate on Luci....

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I'm having trouble locating the LE plate on Luci....

See what i mean, you get to pay more $$, grab your ankles and still don't even get the "LE plate"!

It's a travesty man.

#23 7 years ago

Stern as it's hands full with delays and other things I'm going to predict only one more game will be produced this year and the next one will be announced in 2017 ACDC VE, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

#24 7 years ago

I Don't think we see any more ve this year. Well see starwars and music pin later this year

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Stern as it's hands full with delays and other things I'm going to predict only one more game will be produced this year and the next one will be announced in 2017 ACDC VE, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

You are right with Stern having a lot on its plate. When will MET and ST be cooked?

#26 7 years ago

Given the large number of AC/DC machines that were made up until fairly recently, I would think it wouldn't make that much sense. Tron and LOTR might move more units than a VE of ACDC.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

See what i mean, you get to pay more $$, grab your ankles and still don't even get the "LE plate"!
It's a travesty man.

I paid $6200 for both my Luci's so I'm not sure about grabbing any ankles. Might wanna save that for the ones on here that think they are going to get a new ACDC premium for under 7k.

#28 7 years ago

I would buy the VE, no matter what the price tag is. Heck I might even buy 2.

Common Stern, make Luci VE

3 weeks later
#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Nope - not coming ... At least no time soon.

I agree. Rumor was the contract talks had too much tension. Both sides were upset with each other and both walked away in disgust. Well...there is that saying that time heals all wounds. If that happens and they start talking again then anything is possible. I really feel bad for the LE owners. They should have the rarest acdc pins yet they do not. Stern should give them a $750 voucher off a future pin in my opinion!!!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I paid $6200 for both my Luci's so I'm not sure about grabbing any ankles. Might wanna save that for the ones on here that think they are going to get a new ACDC premium for under 7k.

Why would you need two Luci's?

Yep, a new "premium" will fetch ankle grabbing prices.

#31 7 years ago

Band breaking up does not help the remake for sure.

#32 7 years ago

Please get out of my ACDC t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#33 7 years ago

The guys who want a nib acdc say it's coming ! The guys who own them say no way ! If it is redone I'd like to see another version., Dirty Don artwork on the entire game , Hello Bells edition, chrome, Something to make me want to sell my Luci and upgrade

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Dirty Don artwork on the entire game , Hello Bells edition

Oh that is a great idea,I would be interested.
Mike

#35 7 years ago

I just hope they wait a few more months before announcing this one. I need to sell my JD and Corvette first. I'd take any VE version they make.

#36 7 years ago

I'm sure they'll release it again; but prob not until 2018 or so... If there's $$ on the table Gary will be there

stein_(resized).jpgstein_(resized).jpg

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I'm sure they'll release it again; but prob not until 2018 or so... If there's $$ on the table Gary will be there

Not up to Gary solely though.Acdc has to say yes. That is why Stern got stuck with 60 Luci decal sets...they gather dust now because acdc said no contract extension...no new contract...no option for a future contract. They shut the door hard on Gary. I mean rumor is anyway. Who knows for sure, wish I was there at the time. I would have told them both to stop being so greedy and just sign on the dotted line!!?

#38 7 years ago

I know a guy that's friends with a guy who's married to the aunt of a guy who works with a woman who works at Gary Stern's favorite restaurant. She says that ACDC remakes are in the works, but Axl Rose's face will replaces Angus's face on the playfield. Trust me, my source is right 50% of the time with this stuff.......

#39 7 years ago

I hope they release it again.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why would you need two Luci's?
Yep, a new "premium" will fetch ankle grabbing prices.

Cause 2 Luci's are better then 1!!!

One went on location.

#41 7 years ago

I think Stern is focused more on the future and less on VE runs. I also find VE runs of games that are very recent and readily available a waste.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

What's this? Beer stein joke of some kind? Seems a little opaque ...

#43 7 years ago

I thought luci already tried to suck this one dry....

#44 7 years ago

Take Aerosmith, def Leppard or Motley crue and stick it in an acdc. Like Shrek / family Guy.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

I think Stern is focused more on the future and less on VE runs. I also find VE runs of games that are very recent and readily available a waste.

If Stern is focused on the future I hope they finally bury that cheap ass dmd ! What garbage

#46 7 years ago

So is the consensus that no Luci VE is in the works? Or do folks still think a VE Luci will become reality? I expressed my opinion. I think not...not anytime soon anyway. Maybe 5 years down the road if acdc and stern kiss and makeup!

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If it does can you imagine what the price will be? The last run (luci) were around 6800-7 and that was years ago so if it was done id guess 7500-7800 wld be the price tag.

With no mods, to boot

#48 7 years ago

When I did my Stern factory tour they said they were planning to build acdc again in about a year. I hope they do it, it's a great game. I got no details at all on which version.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

When I did my Stern factory tour they said they were planning to build acdc again in about a year. I hope they do it, it's a great game. I got no details at all on which version.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Because Stern always tells its factory tour guests its future business plans...?

Who said it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-ve-is-it-really-coming/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.