• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Games  Stern Pinball - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, Inc (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Just curious, I keep seeing posts that Stern has ended AC/DC VE. Does anyone out there know if this is true? If so, that was a very quick run... glad I got mine when I could!!

#2 6 years ago

Hope not. Still want one,was waiting till after holidays.
-Mike

#3 6 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/games shows they are still in production. Any distributor should be able to tell you for how long. I recall SMVE has been in production for a year already.
Games  Stern Pinball - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, Inc (resized).pngGames Stern Pinball - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, Inc (resized).png

#4 6 years ago

IMv went out of production for a few months and then back into production.

#5 6 years ago

I will receive my Vault premium this Friday I talked to Trent at tilt Amusement he says the game is out of production right now.....

#6 6 years ago

And could get back on the production line at anytime.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

And could get back on the production line at anytime.

or not...

#8 6 years ago

When it falls off the current gamea in production page I linked above, then I will believe that.

#9 6 years ago

It might come back in production with a shock code update

1 week later
#10 6 years ago

My theory: this was a way for Stern to quickly sell the last of it’s SAM systems- if they run AC/DC again, it will be Spike. Word was they only made about 300 of each (pro and premium) and that was it....

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

My theory: this was a way for Stern to quickly sell the last of it’s SAM systems- if they run AC/DC again, it will be Spike. Word was they only made about 300 of each (pro and premium) and that was it....

That would be a shame if they did it on the spike platform. I recently bought a VE and if it were spike, I would not have. I doubt they would remake it on spike. Recall that boards are not interchangeable across games so it would require significant redesign. Basically, anyone who wants an acdc at this point has it or has the ability to get one.

#12 6 years ago

Why would they ever convert it to spike?

Vaults are all about wringing the last dollars out of a machine. To convert to spike takes engineering and testing money. SAM is free.

Video integration would take more money and additional licensing if done right.

There just isn’t enough demand for this machine anymore to invest in it like that.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Why would they ever convert it to spike?
Vaults are all about wringing the last dollars out of a machine. To convert to spike takes engineering and testing money. SAM is free.
Video integration would take more money and additional licensing if done right.
There just isn’t enough demand for this machine anymore to invest in it like that.

So they could resdesign the art and go LCD and make all the current ACDC’s look like crap.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So they could resdesign the art and go LCD and make all the current ACDC’s look like crap.

It would make more sense to take a current SPIKE game like GOT and give it an LCD and improved art package than going back to the ACDC trough.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

They could improve on a lot of machines thay have made. But they aren’t going to do it to lose money.

There just isn’t enough market for the investment needed for those changes. If there was they wouldn’t have watered it down with the vault run they just did.

They didn’t even (significantly) redesign the art for this run.

#16 6 years ago

My point was only that they are done with SAM and these last AC/DC vaults were the last ones we will see.... ever

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

My point was only that they are done with SAM and these last AC/DC vaults were the last ones we will see.... ever

until Tron VE

#18 6 years ago

Put me on that wait List! If it’s SAM...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-vault-production and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.