Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Games  Stern Pinball - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, Inc (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Just curious, I keep seeing posts that Stern has ended AC/DC VE. Does anyone out there know if this is true? If so, that was a very quick run... glad I got mine when I could!!

#2 1 year ago

Hope not. Still want one,was waiting till after holidays.
-Mike

#3 1 year ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/games shows they are still in production. Any distributor should be able to tell you for how long. I recall SMVE has been in production for a year already.
Games Stern Pinball - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sercel, Inc (resized).png

#4 1 year ago

IMv went out of production for a few months and then back into production.

#5 1 year ago

I will receive my Vault premium this Friday I talked to Trent at tilt Amusement he says the game is out of production right now.....

#6 1 year ago

And could get back on the production line at anytime.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

And could get back on the production line at anytime.

or not...

#8 1 year ago

When it falls off the current gamea in production page I linked above, then I will believe that.

#9 1 year ago

It might come back in production with a shock code update

1 week later
#10 1 year ago

My theory: this was a way for Stern to quickly sell the last of it’s SAM systems- if they run AC/DC again, it will be Spike. Word was they only made about 300 of each (pro and premium) and that was it....

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

My theory: this was a way for Stern to quickly sell the last of it’s SAM systems- if they run AC/DC again, it will be Spike. Word was they only made about 300 of each (pro and premium) and that was it....

That would be a shame if they did it on the spike platform. I recently bought a VE and if it were spike, I would not have. I doubt they would remake it on spike. Recall that boards are not interchangeable across games so it would require significant redesign. Basically, anyone who wants an acdc at this point has it or has the ability to get one.

#12 1 year ago

Why would they ever convert it to spike?

Vaults are all about wringing the last dollars out of a machine. To convert to spike takes engineering and testing money. SAM is free.

Video integration would take more money and additional licensing if done right.

There just isn’t enough demand for this machine anymore to invest in it like that.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Why would they ever convert it to spike?
Vaults are all about wringing the last dollars out of a machine. To convert to spike takes engineering and testing money. SAM is free.
Video integration would take more money and additional licensing if done right.
There just isn’t enough demand for this machine anymore to invest in it like that.

So they could resdesign the art and go LCD and make all the current ACDC’s look like crap.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So they could resdesign the art and go LCD and make all the current ACDC’s look like crap.

It would make more sense to take a current SPIKE game like GOT and give it an LCD and improved art package than going back to the ACDC trough.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

They could improve on a lot of machines thay have made. But they aren’t going to do it to lose money.

There just isn’t enough market for the investment needed for those changes. If there was they wouldn’t have watered it down with the vault run they just did.

They didn’t even (significantly) redesign the art for this run.

#16 1 year ago

My point was only that they are done with SAM and these last AC/DC vaults were the last ones we will see.... ever

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

My point was only that they are done with SAM and these last AC/DC vaults were the last ones we will see.... ever

until Tron VE

#18 1 year ago

Put me on that wait List! If it’s SAM...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Sale Pending!
Los Angeles, CA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Powell, WY
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside