• Latest reply 5 years ago by eg2k83
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20171229_110911_201 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

There seem to be slight changes on the vaults. For instance they killed the bulb socket in the pop bumpers.
Anyone notice other electrical / mechanical differences?
Are they running on spike?
Thanks

#2 6 years ago

not spike!

#3 6 years ago

Only thing Ive seen is an led tube in the backbox, rest looks the same, excluding the window screws.

#4 6 years ago

sAM system, but they implanted 5VDC GI. This is unique vs many other Sam games that were 6vac. 5VDC is similar to Spike.

FYI

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Only thing Ive seen is an led tube in the backbox, rest looks the same, excluding the window screws.

the tube is led? really?

guess I didn't notice, looks a lot better the led bulb I tried on another sam game.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

the tube is led? really?
guess I didn't notice, looks a lot better the led bulb I tried on another sam game.

Led tube still gives off crappy light just as fluorescent did, it's still a white strip across the middle.

IMG_20171229_110911_201 (resized).jpgIMG_20171229_110911_201 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

Thanks guys.
As you may know spike runs a 5v flasher. I am running the lighting bolts again in March and wanted to be sure it would run on the same voltages. We are updating the frames at the moment, no rivet hole and adding retainer tab.
Shameless plug - Red - black and a special version in mirrored stainless steel.

#8 6 years ago

Flashers are 12v on the vault.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Led tube still gives off crappy light just as fluorescent did, it's still a white strip across the middle.

that's still kinda cool though. As for the crappy light, yeah it could definitely be distributed better. not going to build a light board myself and The ones they sell are cool, but are kind of a pain to have to take out every time you need to do something. Which for me, seems like all the time.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

that's still kinda cool though. As for the crappy light, yeah it could definitely be distributed better. not going to build a light board myself and The ones they sell are cool, but are kind of a pain to have to take out every time you need to do something. Which for me, seems like all the time.

Ours are just two wing nuts. In and out in less than a minute, but I get it.

#11 6 years ago

For stern Sam & White Star systems Flipper Fidelity has a hole/cut-out in the PVC Panels for your USB Stick so no need to remove it.
Not sure what Michaels doing for Spike yet.

On my LED Back Box Kits it's 2 nuts, 4 fender Washers (1 on each side of the PVC Panel for stability) & 2 Wing nuts.

Like Rob said it only takes a few minutes.

If it's an older Stern title, you'll probably never need to remove it to update code.

#12 6 years ago

Are the lightning bolts pretty easy to install?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Are the lightning bolts pretty easy to install?

Yes plug in and play. See vid on our site hookedonpinball.com or youtube channel hooked on pinball

#14 6 years ago

Very easy to install and prob the best mod for the machine. It makes it feel like you are at a concert.

#15 6 years ago

I have the lightning bolt MOD installed on my vault. They a super cool. I didn't realize there was any difference in voltages as it's still on the SAM system.

3 months later
#16 5 years ago

The lightning led bolts from hooked are spectacular.

I have an issue with my luci vault. I purchased the lasserific topper that plugs into j16. I also purchased a stern rev a shaker that kit ONLY comes with a plug that goes into j16.

Did I purchase the wrong shaker kit? From all the videos I have watched, it appears in the other kits all you have to do is plug in at the bottom of cabinet, towards the backbox.

I really need some guidance on this.

Thanks!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from eg2k83:

The lightning led bolts from hooked are spectacular.
I have an issue with my luci vault. I purchased the lasserific topper that plugs into j16. I also purchased a stern rev a shaker that kit ONLY comes with a plug that goes into j16.
Did I purchase the wrong shaker kit? From all the videos I have watched, it appears in the other kits all you have to do is plug in at the bottom of cabinet, towards the backbox.
I really need some guidance on this.
Thanks!

You purchased the wrong shaker kit. You want rev b. it comes with a board and plugs in to the power cable on the left side by the flipper and the ground connector in the back of the game.

#18 5 years ago

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-vault-owners-i-have-a-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.