Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PinCrush
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0943small.jpg
    IMG_0942small.jpg
    ACD_0001.TXT
    raunchy-rosie-from-harlem-dvd-cover-ar.jpg
    slash.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

What a shitty update.... I hope someone can video this pile of junk for those of us stuck at work

The readme does not necessarily contain every change, but probably not.

#7 11 years ago

Um, Hell Yah!

"Due to certain profanity that was added, the default value for the "Family Mode" adjustment is now "ON".

Also:
    "- Added new rosie jiggle art for white arrow note shot."

#26 11 years ago

Now the real problem. Getting to Encore is no gimme!

#33 11 years ago

The VIP Pass thing is different:

"Hells bells now swings the magnet when the VIP
    pass is applied (via the FIRE button)."

#46 11 years ago

What do all the colors do?

Quoted from mufcmufc:

Holy mother of god, it's much better than I expected it to be. Even MORE beautiful than it was, the multiball start is awesome, the new dots fantastic, great surprise to see all those colours in the inserts and nice extra use of the fire button

#60 11 years ago

Bite your tongue!

#163 11 years ago

RGR..... Can you STFU just for one day? No update, it's never gunna happen. Before the update, wasting our time?

You must be one of those people who like to hear themselves talk as well. Yes, every game played before this update was a waste of time because the point has never been to have fun, right?

I feel sorry for you, you come off as a very sad and negative person. I hope one day you find what you're looking for and feel a little better about things that are supposed to make you happy, like pinball. Or maybe it's time for a new hobby if you just hate.

#207 11 years ago

Mine was as well. The ball would eject from the hole but the game wouldn't give me credit for the shot.

In my case, all I had to do was adjust the switch a bit.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Mine has been intermittent.

#209 11 years ago

This was also a problem with those horrible U shaped switches. The ball was making good enough contact for the game to know the ball was in the hole, but for it to actually register as a hit the it has to be more solid.

I can't explain exactly why it's the case, but like all other times before, sometimes the solenoid will kick but the game won't score points if the switch isn't adjusted well.

My ball would kick out of the jukebox but not score, after I adjusted the switch it has worked fine.

Quoted from markmon:

That doesn't make sense. If the switch was not working I would expect the game to run its ball search before ejecting the ball. If the game ejects the ball but doesn't count the shot it means the game knew the ball was there and decided to eject it. The only way it can know the ball is there is the switch.

#216 11 years ago

Like AV8, the switches freak out in test mode, however adjusting them so they trigger sooner works for me.

Technically you are wrong, certain types of switches with just the right adjustment can fluctuate between open and close. I've had good luck adjusting that out, AV8 has not.

When the switches are in this state, shots likes I&S on Simpsons for example will shoot the ball out of the hole but not give you credit for the shot. The jukebox in ACDC is the 4th or 5th time I've had this happen, and adjusting the switch has worked. I've put 50 or 60 games in the last couple of days on the ACDC and the jukebox has been 100%.

Also, if you read AV8s issues, his ball doesn't kick out with ballsearch anymore so he could be having other issues.

Quoted from markmon:

A switch is an on or off toggle to the CPU. There are only two states. Triggered or not triggered. There is no such thing as "good enough contact for the game to know the ball was in the hole, but for it to actually register as a hit the it has to be more solid". There really is no in between. That's just not how the technology works.

Quoted from Av8:

In test it acts very strange. Goes on and off rapidly as its depressed. So the CPU must be going crazy trying to figure out is the ball in or out. Mine doesn't kickout with ball search anymore.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-v-16-now-available?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.