Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PinCrush
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0943small.jpg
    IMG_0942small.jpg
    ACD_0001.TXT
    raunchy-rosie-from-harlem-dvd-cover-ar.jpg
    slash.jpg

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 11 years ago

What's this about there being flashers under the apron that now flash with multiball?

I've got V1.6 installed, but during multiball, no flashers flash on my game.

Bad connection (where are they on the apron; I haven't looked under there yet)?

TIA.

#202 11 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

What's this about there being flashers under the apron that now flash with multiball?
    I've got V1.6 installed, but during multiball, no flashers flash on my game.
    Bad connection (where are they on the apron; I haven't looked under there yet)?
    TIA.

Happens during multiball when you hit jackpots. The flashers point away from the player through the small holes in the apron.

#203 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Happens during multiball when you hit jackpots. The flashers point away from the player through the small holes in the apron.

Oh OK: vertically (I was watching for horizontal flashin' like on TRON LE).

Thanks!

#204 11 years ago

The switch in my Jukebox kickout went bad yesterday. ACDC down. Killing me.

The switch intially fires but as its depressed, it opens. Result ball wont come out of hole. Chaz has one inbound.

Can not wait to play multiple back to back games until I make encore. Does the game score harder now? Or easier with the stacking MB?

#205 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

The switch intially fires but as its depressed, it opens. Result ball wont come out of hole. Chaz has one inbound.
    Can not wait to play multiple back to back games until I make encore. Does the game score harder now? Or easier with the stacking MB?

Hate to say it, but I lowered the amound of song requests required to change songs in an effort to get to Encore sooner rather that later. Once I get there, I'll bump it back to factory. Hope your part arrives quickly.

#206 11 years ago

Mine has been intermittent.

#207 11 years ago

Mine was as well. The ball would eject from the hole but the game wouldn't give me credit for the shot.

In my case, all I had to do was adjust the switch a bit.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Mine has been intermittent.

#208 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Mine was as well. The ball would eject from the hole but the game wouldn't give me credit for the shot.
    In my case, all I had to do was adjust the switch a bit.

That doesn't make sense. If the switch was not working I would expect the game to run its ball search before ejecting the ball. If the game ejects the ball but doesn't count the shot it means the game knew the ball was there and decided to eject it. The only way it can know the ball is there is the switch.

#209 11 years ago

This was also a problem with those horrible U shaped switches. The ball was making good enough contact for the game to know the ball was in the hole, but for it to actually register as a hit the it has to be more solid.

I can't explain exactly why it's the case, but like all other times before, sometimes the solenoid will kick but the game won't score points if the switch isn't adjusted well.

My ball would kick out of the jukebox but not score, after I adjusted the switch it has worked fine.

Quoted from markmon:

That doesn't make sense. If the switch was not working I would expect the game to run its ball search before ejecting the ball. If the game ejects the ball but doesn't count the shot it means the game knew the ball was there and decided to eject it. The only way it can know the ball is there is the switch.

#210 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

yours completely stopped working?...no ball search or anything?
    Hope you get it going. I really liked the PRO (with mods) before the update, but I LOOOVE it now!
    And I seem to be scoring HIGHER

#211 11 years ago

Hate to say it, but I lowered the amound of song requests required to change songs in an effort to get to Encore sooner rather that later. Once I get there, I'll bump it back to factory. Hope your part arrives quickly.

I've gone to 5 ball games to get encore mode.

#212 11 years ago

Had an awesome game today with the new software. Got 206 million.
    I love the VIP pass and try to use it during multiball to get "add a ball" if possible.
    The new color scheme in 1.6 is awesome. Love the pink for Rosie, the yellow for TNT and the Blue on Rock and Roll Train as well as all the great reds and whites.
    However the new software did not fix my broken left ramp musical note color. (Not that I thought it would).
    It still refuses to turn white at all, I get a teal blue when it should be white and then a pretty emerald Green when it should be pink for Rosie. All the other colors work fine on it.
    I have replaced the LED control board already, but that did not help either. Very strange problem.

#213 11 years ago

I adjusted my switch 2 months ago. Yours will probably quit soon too. Just order a replacement.

In test it acts very strange. Goes on and off rapidly as its depressed. So the CPU must be going crazy trying to figure out is the ball in or out. Mine doesn't kickout with ball search anymore.

VIP for MB add a ball is brilliant idea.

#214 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Had an awesome game today with the new software. Got 206 million.
    I love the VIP pass and try to use it during multiball to get "add a ball" if possible.
    The new color scheme in 1.6 is awesome. Love the pink for Rosie, the yellow for TNT and the Blue on Rock and Roll Train as well as all the great reds and whites.
    However the new software did not fix my broken left ramp musical note color. (Not that I thought it would).
    It still refuses to turn white at all, I get a teal blue when it should be white and then a pretty emerald Green when it should be pink for Rosie. All the other colors work fine on it.
    I have replaced the LED control board already, but that did not help either. Very strange problem.

I've got the same problem with one of the multi color LEDs, after checking it out, it seems the red signal is not ok on the LED, causing the coloring to look different. the opto board isn't causing this, a I changed the connector of the faulty LED to another, and the problem was still there.

The red signal is not getting enough power,all other signals get a bit above 2V, the red gets less than 2V.

I am waiting for a replacement LED, only Stern distributors can get those for you.

#215 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

This was also a problem with those horrible U shaped switches. The ball was making good enough contact for the game to know the ball was in the hole, but for it to actually register as a hit the it has to be more solid.
    I can't explain exactly why it's the case, but like all other times before, sometimes the solenoid will kick but the game won't score points if the switch isn't adjusted well.
    My ball would kick out of the jukebox but not score, after I adjusted the switch it has worked fine.

A switch is an on or off toggle to the CPU. There are only two states. Triggered or not triggered. There is no such thing as "good enough contact for the game to know the ball was in the hole, but for it to actually register as a hit the it has to be more solid". There really is no in between. That's just not how the technology works.

#216 11 years ago

Like AV8, the switches freak out in test mode, however adjusting them so they trigger sooner works for me.

Technically you are wrong, certain types of switches with just the right adjustment can fluctuate between open and close. I've had good luck adjusting that out, AV8 has not.

When the switches are in this state, shots likes I&S on Simpsons for example will shoot the ball out of the hole but not give you credit for the shot. The jukebox in ACDC is the 4th or 5th time I've had this happen, and adjusting the switch has worked. I've put 50 or 60 games in the last couple of days on the ACDC and the jukebox has been 100%.

Also, if you read AV8s issues, his ball doesn't kick out with ballsearch anymore so he could be having other issues.

Quoted from markmon:

A switch is an on or off toggle to the CPU. There are only two states. Triggered or not triggered. There is no such thing as "good enough contact for the game to know the ball was in the hole, but for it to actually register as a hit the it has to be more solid". There really is no in between. That's just not how the technology works.

Quoted from Av8:

In test it acts very strange. Goes on and off rapidly as its depressed. So the CPU must be going crazy trying to figure out is the ball in or out. Mine doesn't kickout with ball search anymore.

#217 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The rest can BURN!!!!!! TRON LE 4-evah!!!

Screw both you guys. I come into this thread to read about AC/DC and you guys just make me feel like crap for missing the Tron Train...

I wish I could bring myself to trade LOTR for Tron, but I just can't do it, heh. =|

#218 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Screw both you guys. I come into this thread to read about AC/DC and you guys just make me feel like crap for missing the Tron Train...
    I wish I could bring myself to trade LOTR for Tron, but I just can't do it, heh. =|

If I could get an LE for my LoTR, I'd be all over it. But I wouldn't trade for a pro. No way Jose!

#219 11 years ago

OK. I got my Train Ramp music insert LED working correctly.
    It was indeed the lamp itself.
    I did not think it would work, but it did.
    In order to solder the new LED wires in place you must first put a drop of solder on each of the four solder pads located on the new LED board.
    Then you have to cut the wires going to the old LED board.
    Next you just have to hold the wire over the new solder pads and they will just sink down into the solder when you heat it up.
    I took a couple of photos of the process. I should have taken more, but I get busy and forget.

This first photo is the old LED board with the wires cut. Leave enough of the wire so you can remember what order they go back on the new board.
    The next photo shows the new board with the wires stripped and ready to be soldered in place.
    The whole process took about 10 min. with the help of a second person to hold the board still.

IMG_0942small.jpgIMG_0942small.jpg IMG_0943small.jpgIMG_0943small.jpg

#220 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

OK. I got my Train Ramp music insert LED working correctly.
    It was indeed the lamp itself.
    I did not think it would work, but it did.
    In order to solder the new LED wires in place you must first put a drop of solder on each of the four solder pads located on the new LED board.
    Then you have to cut the wires going to the old LED board.
    Next you just have to hold the wire over the new solder pads and they will just sink down into the solder when you heat it up.
    I took a couple of photos of the process. I should have taken more, but I get busy and forget.
    This first photo is the old LED board with the wires cut. Leave enough of the wire so you can remember what order they go back on the new board.
    The next photo shows the new board with the wires stripped and ready to be soldered in place.
    The whole process took about 10 min. with the help of a second person to hold the board still.

Timely post.

One of my inserts isn't working on my new Premium either. Will call Stern in the next day or two to get a new lamp.

#221 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

OK. I got my Train Ramp music insert LED working correctly.It was indeed the lamp itself.I did not think it would work, but it did.In order to solder the new LED wires in place you must first put a drop of solder on each of the four solder pads located on the new LED board.Then you have to cut the wires going to the old LED board.Next you just have to hold the wire over the new solder pads and they will just sink down into the solder when you heat it up.I took a couple of photos of the process. I should have taken more, but I get busy and forget.
    This first photo is the old LED board with the wires cut. Leave enough of the wire so you can remember what order they go back on the new board.The next photo shows the new board with the wires stripped and ready to be soldered in place.The whole process took about 10 min. with the help of a second person to hold the board still.

I had to replace the led board for the FIRE button a couple weeks after receiving mine. Fire button would not light any longer. Went to test mode and it has 3 tests for the fire button. Red, Green and Blue. Green and Blue worked fine, but so far, it never lights anything but Red. Got a replacement assembly and soldered it on and all was well.

I noticed in the attract mode that the inserts change to a warm white and orange, but those colors do not seem to be used in any modes, that I have seen. Could be in one of the later wizard modes, I guess.

#222 11 years ago

I had to replace the led board for the FIRE button a couple weeks after receiving mine. Fire button would not light any longer. Went to test mode and it has 3 tests for the fire button. Red, Green and Blue. Green and Blue worked fine, but so far, it never lights anything but Red. Got a replacement assembly and soldered it on and all was well.
    I noticed in the attract mode that the inserts change to a warm white and orange, but those colors do not seem to be used in any modes, that I have seen. Could be in one of the later wizard modes, I guess.

They can also do a deep emerald green color. But that color is not part of the scheme I guess.

#223 11 years ago

Has anyone tried the new RGB LED test to "dial in" colors on the color changing inserts yet? I've tried it a little, but it doesn't really look like anything changes, and it seems to just reset back to 100 afterwards anyway.

#224 11 years ago

LOL@ getting a Tron LE for a LOTR...yeah, even though mine is fresh-out-of-box-awesome, I don't think that will happen..

For the record, and on-topic:

Cinemark Webb Chappel in Dallas off 635/35 has been code updated to this!

#225 11 years ago

Thanks for the new vid tutorial on the software update, Bowen.
    http://vimeo.com/49457833

Nice info about and example of the triple super jackpot during the multiball stack. But that still pales in comparison to the Song Jackpot bonus to cash in during Album & Tour MB's.

Good example of using the VIP award for resurrecting a multiball via add-a-ball.

#226 11 years ago

Like the way the color inserts now change.

Really like that each song you can now be champion of and get on the leaderboard. Each song is like a mini-game.

It is growing on me each time I play it.

Kind of interested to see how KISS compares!

#227 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks for the new vid tutorial on the software update, Bowen.
    » Vimeo video
    Nice info about and example of the triple super jackpot during the multiball stack. But that still pales in comparison to the Song Jackpot bonus to cash in during Album & Tour MB's.
    Good example of using the VIP award for resurrecting a multiball via add-a-ball.

Man I love Bowen's tutorials. Great stuff!

#228 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Really like that each song you can now be champion of and get on the leaderboard. Each song is like a mini-game.

I think this was always the case??

#229 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

I think this was always the case??

Yep.

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-v-16-now-available/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.