Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PinCrush
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0943small.jpg
    IMG_0942small.jpg
    ACD_0001.TXT
    raunchy-rosie-from-harlem-dvd-cover-ar.jpg
    slash.jpg
    There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

What do all the colors do?

Rosie mode is a lilac colour, Runaway Train Blue, TNT Yellow, Hell Ain't - Red, etc. It looks even more stunning.

Notes go red to show you which shots are next available for combo (obviously after you make one shot prior)

Shaker effects way better, cannon points bigger as well

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Can't wait to get home today!!!
    Hoping for strobe and extra song but It is not listed

I'm sure strobe will pop up in a future update. Not sure about extra song but I'm sure something is cool when u reach encore.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

Rosie mode is a lilac colour, Runaway Train Blue, TNT Yellow, Hell Ain't - Red, etc. It looks even more stunning.
    Notes go red to show you which shots are next available for combo (obviously after you make one shot prior)
    Shaker effects way better, cannon points bigger as well

Sounds like a winner

#54 11 years ago

That is one hell of a list!

One can only hope that Xmen will be this grand.

#55 11 years ago

Video mode?

#56 11 years ago

Thank you Stern Pinball for staying with the game and adding new code

#57 11 years ago

Sounds like a great update. When are they going to enable the live versions of the songs though?

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

Thank you Stern Pinball for staying with the game and adding new code

Thank Lyman, I wouldn't thank stern for this killer update, it's all Lyman baby!

#59 11 years ago

The single coolest feature IMO is using the multicolor LEDs to point to shots and customizing them for modes. The easy way out is all sorts of pretty colors with no purpose. Glad he didn't go that route. Very cool. Will be copied from here on

#60 11 years ago

Bite your tongue!

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

When are they going to enable the live versions of the songs though?

They are not going too. Gary did not want to pay extra for the live versions

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

That is one hell of a list!
    One can only hope that Xmen will be this grand.

Too bad Lyman isn't on the design team

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Thank Lyman, I wouldn't thank stern for this killer update, it's all Lyman baby!

I did not thank "Stern", I thanked "Stern Pinball"

Yes it is great that Lyman was able to take the time and update the code. But without other people at Stern pinball we would you would not have this game, the update on website .. etc. It is a team effort

#64 11 years ago

Thanks Stern Inc. The file is tremendous, took 31 minutes on high speed to download it.

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

Thanks Stern Inc. The file is tremendous, took 31 minutes on High Speed to download it.

Cripes... Time to switch internet companies.

#66 11 years ago

Installed and only played a few games but it looks completely different. The colors are stunningly beautiful.

#67 11 years ago

So jealous. 30 minutes left in the work day.

#68 11 years ago

Downloaded.
    Under 2 min. on Time Warner Cable modem.
    Can't install till tonight though.

#69 11 years ago

VIDEO or y'all are playing the new Shrek video mode on your acdc LEs ...

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

Thanks Stern Inc. The file is tremendous, took 31 minutes on High Speed to download it.

Something's wrong with that picture Bro: took me about 3 minutes on AT&T Uverse.

#71 11 years ago

Wow

#72 11 years ago

Now I really want XM to magically transform into AC/DC.

-Wes

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Can't wait to get home today!!!
    Hoping for strobe and extra song but It is not listed

The file size is huge, so who knows what else was added. The file is literally 50% bigger than 1.52! It could have more songs or less loss in the sound compression or more dots or a combo of all of those.

Ed Cheung dropped by about an hour after I installed the new software and got to play a bunch of games. He thought it was great and it gave me an opportunity to watch the new LED and DMD effects! This is a monster update and really puts this game over that top. This game always was a keeper since day one, but even more so now. This has become that cornerstone of my small collection - my desert island pin.

#74 11 years ago

Slash Approves

slash.jpgslash.jpg

#75 11 years ago

STACKING MB Multipliers!!! Downloading now! Thank you!!

#76 11 years ago

I am so glad I have had my unfinished game since May 7 I have 2000 games played and love it ! Now I have a totally new game Sept 11 . Wow, Thanks, Stern/Ritchie/Sheets !!!

Game is incredible ! Sorry to those who ever doubted it !

Jim

#77 11 years ago

It uses the shaker way more! I really wanted to see that.

#78 11 years ago

I just played 5 straight games and this is now my #1 favorite game. It absolutely kicks ASS. Those who don't like this game, simply don't like pinball. The color changing led's, music, shaker integration, new call outs, Man this thing rocks. I hope Stern puts out a code as good as this one for the other titles awaiting an update.

#79 11 years ago

NOOOOOOOO! I am out of town! Have fun all!

#80 11 years ago

I just updated. Is there an easy way to reset the machine back to its original defaults (with 1.6 code) including erasing all high scores.

#81 11 years ago

Has anyone uploaded any video to youtube yet? I can't wait to see the game in action after the update!

#82 11 years ago

1.6 resets all high scores to defaults. I haven't wrapped my head around everything yet on this update. But I do know that ACDC is challenging LOTR for best Stern machine.

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

1.6 resets all high scores to defaults. I haven't wrapped my head around everything yet on this update. But I do know that ACDC is challenging LOTR for best Stern machine.

Someone just overlooked TSPP.

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Sorry, SM is the best Stern of all time.

#85 11 years ago

Just played a few games with my 9 year old. Awesome update. Love the subtle GI stuff going on and the color coded mode arrows. I'm glad my boys wanted ACDC over TFLE and swayed my purchase.

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Sorry, SM is the best Stern of all time.

Not for long…but just to be safe I have both : )

#87 11 years ago

WOW how's when you get MB the lights the noise and animation goes off I'm in love lol

#88 11 years ago

WOW...all I can say is WOW! This is a phenomenal update; and HUGE. Played just a couple of games and was wishing I was watching someone else play just so I could see all the stuff. From what I can tell, the Rosie and Back in Black animations are awesome and I really like the train animation for multiball start along with the light show. Going to take me awhile to see all that's going on here but this game officially kicks extreme ass...and it was freakin' awesome before this!

#89 11 years ago

Uploading a quick video stand by best I could do.

#90 11 years ago

Got a few games in before dinner and liked what I saw.

Sucks I'll never be as good a player as Lyman, Trent and others who can push the game to the limit and experience all the additional goodness there is to be had further into the game. Al well, maybe some day.

Initial impression? Game feels finished now.

Gotta go put some more reps in.

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

What? I've got high speed it was down loaded in 2 mins or so. Get off the dial up! LOL! That's one good F-ing update! Good job Lyman! Keep kicking ass! Up date my Tron and X-men!! I'll pop a Video up later of it. Looks sharp!

#92 11 years ago

Getting ready to install 1.6 in just a bit.
    Curious as to where the update notes in the beginning of this thread came from?
    The read me file on Sterns web pages still just has the 1.52 info on it.
    Thought maybe it was included after the unzip, but that file just has 1.52 notes as well.

#93 11 years ago

Very cool update. Love the raunchy Rosie. Best Game by Stern

#94 11 years ago

Very cool update. Love the raunchy Rosie. Best Game by Stern great job Lyman.

#95 11 years ago

The apron strobes work during MB awesome

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

That is good news.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #98 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

Really?! That's cool!

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

On my list TSPP went from 9 to 10 on the Stern list the day ACDC was released. Just not my bag.

Girlfriend is watching TV now and I need to move the freakin ACDC to the garage so I can play it!!! Oh well, I got in ten games on it today after the update and I will have it for another TEN YEARS.

#100 11 years ago

I just read 1.6 on sterns website. They must have just updated it.

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-v-16-now-available/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.