Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Speed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Anyone have any trouble updating their code on AC/DC? I keep getting the error code 8. My next step is to wipe the usb drive, download files again, and attempt to reload. Any other ideas before I waste any more of my day doing something other than actually playing pinball?

#2 11 years ago

Do a search on this topic... There was another guy that had a post going on the same subject. Not sure what finally worked for him. I believe it was posted in the past week or 10 days. Hope that helps...

#4 11 years ago

Did you get it working Speed? Rommy ended up having to replace his CPU board.

#5 11 years ago

New CPU board goes in today will report results

#6 11 years ago

Rommy, which run did your AC/DC come from?

#7 11 years ago

I took my own advice and it works fine. Just wiped stick, dl'ed again, and repeated... I will just blame it on apple I would not have bothered posting an issue if it did not take so long to update and fail. Damn, what did Stern do? Feels like they slapped a USB connector on a serial port and said, yeah, that should do it

#8 11 years ago

Well, it's pretty hard to please a guy named Speed. Seriously, I wondered the same thing. It would have been faster to burn an eprom. Not complaining, just wondering.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

I took my own advice and it works fine. Just wiped stick, dl'ed again, and repeated... I will just blame it on apple I would not have bothered posting an issue if it did not take so long to update and fail. Damn, what did Stern do? Feels like they slapped a USB connector on a serial port and said, yeah, that should do it

Actually, working with spi flash chips installed in a working environment, it takes a normal amount of time to program. It's not the speed of the USB that's slow. It's the page writes to the spi flash. Just be happy that its generally reliable.

#10 11 years ago

Glad you got it working bro. Have you tried the jukebox in attract mode yet?

My topper came in today from Laserific and man it is cool. You need to come by and check it out.

#11 11 years ago

Yes sir. The jukebox in attract mode is cool. Nice touch. Can't wait to check out your new topper. Gotta get the low down on LOTR too. Great machine, but I will need a little passdown to make sure I keep it as pristine as you have - while dismissing your scores of course

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Actually, working with spi flash chips installed in a working environment, it takes a normal amount of time to program. It's not the speed of the USB that's slow. It's the page writes to the spi flash. Just be happy that its generally reliable.

Well said markmon - I am just supremely happy it works and pinball can resume!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-upgrade-error-8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.