P1010293.JPG
P1010292.JPG
2012-05-04_17.56.51.jpg
2012-05-04_17.14.19.jpg
2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg
2012-05-04_16.31.18.jpg
2012-05-04_10.54.46.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Starting a fresh new thread for your ACDC unboxing and setup here. Post your pics.

This thing looks much better in person. My lower playfield looks nice and clear. Both ramps have metal ramp protectors. Red finish really really shines and stands out. It started up perfect. No issues. GI looks amazing. Homerun for Stern and SR design team.

I used pinballifes bolt leg protectors. Highly recommended.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2517&parent=0

Really happy with the purchase of both ACDC Pro ... then Premium.

2012-05-04_10.54.46.jpg2012-05-04_10.54.46.jpg 2012-05-04_16.31.18.jpg2012-05-04_16.31.18.jpg 2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Here the protectors.

As for setup. Mylar the shooter lane, wax, add new high gloss balls. Stock ones sucked. Add LEDs behind thunderbolts. Also I put electrical tape between lockbar and rails.

I have had no drains down middle at normal angle.

2012-05-04_17.14.19.jpg2012-05-04_17.14.19.jpg 2012-05-04_17.56.51.jpg2012-05-04_17.56.51.jpg

#3 11 years ago

looks fantastic! enjoy and thanks for sharing (although it looks like you may have fight your kids for some time on it

#4 11 years ago

Electrical tape under the lock down bar is a DAMN good idea. Mylaring the shooter lane too.

#5 11 years ago

Cool! I never saw the leg bolt protectors! I am hoping that someone has ACDC plastic protectors out before I get mine. I will also have enough white rubber on hand to do a complete swap out before ten games have been played.

John

#6 11 years ago

How much Mylar do you recommend in the shooter lane. Are you using the 1x1 squares?

How easily can the Mylar tabs be removed?

#7 11 years ago

I like the half moon sling shot mylar. Rounded part toward ejector. Or a long 8 inch strip. Clearcoat is really thin in this area. Will keep it looking new.

I got this from a TF Pinside thread. He was pissed because it showed wear after 200 plays. 75 cent of mylar goes a long way in shooter lane.

I also added a glare guard for 15.00.

#8 11 years ago

Your kids seem to be sooooo excited for a NIB pin. Do your kids play AC/DC?

#9 11 years ago

Enjoy, thanks for sharing.

#10 11 years ago

Got one!

P1010292.JPGP1010292.JPG P1010293.JPGP1010293.JPG P1010294.JPGP1010294.JPG

#11 11 years ago

looks awesome glenn. is that where it is staying for the time being? made it all of 10 feet in the door?

#12 11 years ago

Congrats. Fast Pro. Heres a pic of mine with blue Leds on left side. Are you going to add a sub?

2012-03-04_20.38.03.jpg2012-03-04_20.38.03.jpg

#13 11 years ago

You cant even see the mylar on the shooter lane once on. No need to remove.

My kids play ACDC the most. As seen by my headbanging 3 yr old video on youtube.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

looks awesome glenn. is that where it is staying for the time being? made it all of 10 feet in the door?

ha ha...thought it would be easier for you to install the shaker!

#15 11 years ago

No offense to mike at flipper fidelity but just get a 8 or 10" sub and drop it in. There is already a crossover and no need for the ff or pp kit at all. I added a 10" RF punch and its blowing the glass off.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

You cant even see the mylar on the shooter lane once on. No need to remove.
My kids play ACDC the most. As seen by my headbanging 3 yr old video on youtube.

thinking about just running it through my Polk audio sub
LOVE the headbangin' vid

#17 11 years ago

Show

No offense to mike at flipper fidelity but just get a 8 or 10" sub and drop it in. There is already a crossover and no need for the ff or pp kit at all. I added a 10" RF punch and its blowing the glass off.

Can you show a pic?

Im goin to order FF back box speakers for my Premium. Bass is good but Im a fidelity nut and want more mid and high. The FF in the Pro is amazing and shakes the glass.

2012-04-19_16.06.00.jpg2012-04-19_16.06.00.jpg SAM_0780.JPGSAM_0780.JPG

#18 11 years ago

The cross over yes the little cap you removed. You dont need a choke on AC/DC as the Ratio is boosted 85% to the cabinet speaker. On a stock game you would never know if you un hooked the back box. Anyway Here is a picture of the sub. The left back box speaker leave alone. Its functioning as a tweeter. The right speaker i hooked directly to the amp on the pcb. Total cost 35 bucks. Sounds better actually than the LE/PRE but that's because i used a quality speaker.

The stock speakers are bogus. They sound good but man Av8 you drop in a quality 12" you're gonna be blown away!!!!! Suggest picking up a nice Kenwood or cerwin vega 12"

All the audio stuff is setup sweet stock its just they cheaped on the actual speaker. I know i know you will be like it sounds awesome. Believe me the simple swap of the speaker will blow your mind.

tn.jpgtn.jpg

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Congrats. Fast Pro. Heres a pic of mine with blue Leds on left side. Are you going to add a sub?

Attachments 2012-03-04_20.38.03.jpg (318.6 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old

Is one of those lightning bolts broke in the pic? If so how that happen? AC/DC pro is excellent, I have played BIBLE also which is excellent as well. Stern hit a grand slam with this one. This title is going to the number 1 stop in the top 100. Well built and solid feel to the BIBLE and the Pro, i'am very impressed.

#20 11 years ago

Thanks dude Im on it.

#21 11 years ago

Good eye. My Pro was very early on. All bolts have metal backing now or Stern will replace with a kit that does.

2012-03-27_15.39.44.jpg2012-03-27_15.39.44.jpg

#22 11 years ago

My LE BIB was shipped to a friend who will be out of town for a while. I will be very busy too, so I will be getting it the first weekend in June. Can't wait. Hopefully the extra time will allow me to be able to have plastic protectors on hand when it gets here. I'll make sure I have all the white rubbers I need to do a complete swap. Also, maybe even better software will be released by then? No big deal as this will be a ten+ year keeper for me and I am sure Lyman will continue to update the software even beyond when it is "good enough".

Can someone post pictures and/or describe the cabinet/leg protectors on this game? I understand there is some sort or metal plate or something to mitigate damage to the artwork? Is there any need for a felt protectors or a Pincabs?

Thanks
John

#23 11 years ago

Can someone post pictures and/or describe the cabinet/leg protectors on this game?

This is the metal corner bracket that is screwed right to the cabinet ,makes for a very solid leg mount .
Jim

photo_(1).JPGphoto_(1).JPG

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Can someone post pictures and/or describe the cabinet/leg protectors on this game?

This is the metal corner bracket that is screwed right to the cabinet ,makes for a very solid leg mount .
Jim

Wow! Awesome. Looks like no need for anything else. Great/simple design.

Thanks for posting!

John

#25 11 years ago

Nice pics. Nothing beats that NIB smell.

#26 11 years ago

Right on Glenn! Enjoy. I hope to play a pro soon .

Jim

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

grh450 said:Got one!
Right on Glenn! Enjoy. I hope to play a pro soon .
Jim

having trouble walking away from it...

#28 11 years ago

My premium is on order, cant wait.

I tell you though - call me crazy - but i am jealous of the pro owners - i like that angus face. Its is ACDC right there - crude and in your face, reminds me of how he runs around on stage on one leg playing.

I wish they had a pro-prem version with no lower PF (just the face) with all the other toys! The art package is so well done on this one, might be the best i've ever seen, dead serious about that.

I plan on playing it alot. This will be my 4th NIB Stern, and i've never been this excited.

#29 11 years ago

This is helps with glare off bright LED display. 15.00 Glare guard
http://www.wrongcrowdproductions.com/glareGuard.htm

#30 11 years ago

The metal corner protector pieces are fantastic. Those should have been made standard on every game years ago

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Bigpin:

I tell you though - call me crazy - but i am jealous of the pro owners - i like that angus face. Its is ACDC right there - crude and in your face, reminds me of how he runs around on stage on one leg playing.
I wish they had a pro-prem version with no lower PF (just the face) with all the other toys! The art package is so well done on this one, might be the best i've ever seen, dead serious about that.
I plan on playing it alot. This will be my 4th NIB Stern, and i've never been this excited.

I had a t-shirt with the same Angus face when I was 16. My mom did not like it - to say the least.

John

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Good eye. My Pro was very early on. All bolts have metal backing now or Stern will replace with a kit that does.

Hmm, I don't like these metal backing bolts. But after noticing a few airballs I think for now they are needed. But coul'd there not be a better solution. These metals backings won't let the light from the flasher through. It would be great to have bolts that could light up. Perhaps we will see modmakers that make them out of lexan that won't break?
That would be an instant buy for me!

One thing I would like to now in an other thread was a picture where the left post with the rubber at the bell lane entrance was taken out. Has Stern forgotten to put it in there or are the later US versions now without that post? Mine has a post with a small ruber ring.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Bigpin:

I like the Angus face, as well. It's an AC/DC pinball, not *insert boy band here. Try playing this game next to a Tron. The bright, in your face lighting makes the blues of Tron feel soothing to the eye.

Would be a great two machine combo.

#34 11 years ago

Side note on those metal backing plates. Make sure your flasher is far enough behind the bolt. I just shattered a flasher bulb because the target moved enough to come in contact with the bulb. My whole game is tore apart to the bare wood looking for pieces of glass

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Side note on those metal backing plates. Make sure your flasher is far enough behind the bolt. I just shattered a flasher bulb because the target moved enough to come in contact with the bulb. My whole game is tore apart to the bare wood looking for pieces of glass

That sucks, Ben. Thanks for the warning... I'll check my game.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Perhaps we will see modmakers that make them out of lexan that won't break?

I haven't looked into this yet, but my thought is to replace the plastic part of the lightning standup with an electroluminescent part like the Moe's Tavern sign. It would need to tie into the flasher circuit to work right but would restore, and even improve upon, the original design.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

16,500 (Firm)
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-unboxing-thread-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.