JP 1.JPG
POTC 2.JPG
Bat 2.JPG
TFTC 1.JPG
GnR 1.JPG
TWD 4.JPG
ACDC 1.JPG

#1 9 years ago

Posting a new topic to introduce the seven new titles. There are now 28 titles available on the website: www.sparkypinball.com. Most of these are also available on mezelmods.com. I'm hoping to continue to add more titles in a timely manner.

These play video clips, not still photos. Plug n play, and video repeats when finished. WPC, WPC95, and DE come with DK Pinball Power Taps. Stern Power Taps are available as an option, but most Stern MDM's can plug into the aux plug (all except ST; power tap provided). I also have 5v/12v harness splitters as an option.

>>Edit: Video is not included. The video stills pictured on the MDM's are for display demonstration only. I'm working on instructions for the website to show customers how to load their own video file to the micro sd card. It's a little more involved than just copying the file to the card. It's not very difficult, but it requires some steps to make it work.<<

Top five sellers since the website launched beginning of August:

1. TSPP
2. Metallica
3. CFTBL
4. Tron
5. Iron Man

Pics of the seven new titles:

ACDC 1.JPGACDC 1.JPGJP 1.JPGJP 1.JPGPOTC 2.JPGPOTC 2.JPGBat 2.JPGBat 2.JPGTFTC 1.JPGTFTC 1.JPGGnR 1.JPGGnR 1.JPGTWD 4.JPGTWD 4.JPG

#2 9 years ago

This is a great mod. Simple to install and the frames around the screens make the mod look factory. I have four of these so far. I'm very happy with them and Sparky has fast shipping and excellent customer service. I think the price is fair considering the work that goes into them.

#3 9 years ago

TWD example is sweet

#4 9 years ago

I have one on my STPro, MetPro, MustangPro and 2 on AvatarLE and people are just amazed to see video playing on a pinball machine. The frames look factory and the video is sharp and the colors vivid. They are easy to mount using hex spacers. I have alot of fun modding my games and these are especially fun to add because they actually do something that everyone enjoys, players and spectators alike. Sparky will be getting more of my money as he comes out with MDM's for the games I have. I think they are a value adding mod.

#5 9 years ago

what does the ac/dc video play...any link. Thanks

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

what does the ac/dc video play...any link. Thanks

A lot like Metallica, it's a mixture of VH1's "Behind the Music," concert footage, parts of music videos, and the Black Ice tour intro animation.

Mike, email sent.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

A lot like Metallica, it's a mixture of VH1's "Behind the Music," concert footage, parts of music videos, and the Black Ice tour intro animation.
Mike, email sent.

Mark, I have the complete gnr videography if you would like to borrow it and upload complete vids

#8 9 years ago

I like all of the new frames with the exception of the Jurassic Park one, to me it doesn't look right with chopping off the logo like that..which is dissapointing because I wanted a JP. It just looks rushed,if a version 2.0 comes out please let me know. Perhaps incorporate Mr. DNA animation cel character presenting what's on the screen ? Maybe have it look like the inside of the t-rex month ? I think if the logo was raised higher and round off on the top to incorporate the curve and displayed the JP text within the logo that would look much better.. Just my opinion.

Or ...completely replace the gate on the right ramp and have the inside of the gate the screen.

Mr DNAMr DNA

#9 9 years ago

These look great! Would definitely like one for my AC/DC.

#10 9 years ago

It hasn't been an issue yet, but I'm going to start working on instructions for customers to load their own video to the micro sd card.

These displays are originally intended as graphical user interfaces that happen to play video files when programmed to read the micro sd card on power up. When programmed properly, these essentially become media devices, and customers can use them however they choose.

I need to be more clear on the website that video is not included, but I will provide as much help as needed to make sure the customers get what they want on their own device.

#11 9 years ago

I am sure it will all work out. It is certainly worth a little extra effort for an awesome mod. Love mine and look forward to adding more...even if I have to load my own video. Thanks

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I am sure it will all work out. It is certainly worth a little extra effort for an awesome mod. Love mine and look forward to adding more...even if I have to load my own video. Thanks

I have temporarily put all products out of stock while I work on the instructions. Mezelmods has also placed these as "unavailable" until I finish the instructions. I will try to create an easy to follow youtube tutorial, as well as written instructions.

It really isn't very difficult. It's just a little more involved than just copying a file to a micro sd card.

#13 9 years ago

Wow, I didn't know someone was already making these (mini displays for the pins). I have seen a few small runs in the past, but nothing large scale like this.

I actually starting working on my own in the past couple months for TZ that I was about to reveal here on pinside.

Good thing I only made 10 of them, as it looks like it will be hard to sell them with this new competition ;o)

They are made with 2.8" lcd displays, running from a raspberry pi. So they are a little bit bigger and more expensive, but also have the potential for interactivity and customization, also larger SD cards for long video. But other then that, serve the same purpose.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Wow, I didn't know someone was already making these (mini displays for the pins). I have seen a few small runs in the past, but nothing large scale like this.
I actually starting working on my own in the past couple months for TZ that I was about to reveal here on pinside.
Good thing I only made 10 of them, as it looks like it will be hard to sell them with this new competition ;o)
They are made with 2.8" lcd displays, running from a raspberry pi. So they are a little bit bigger and more expensive, but also have the potential for interactivity and customization, also larger SD cards for long video. But other then that, serve the same purpose.

Some early customers back in May got the black and silver tv (similar to the TSPP TV currently on the site), but I stopped making them after they sold out. I hope to have a plastic MDM style for TZ in the next batch of new releases.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I like all of the new frames with the exception of the Jurassic Park one, to me it doesn't look right with chopping off the logo like that..which is dissapointing because I wanted a JP. It just looks rushed,if a version 2.0 comes out please let me know. Perhaps incorporate Mr. DNA animation cel character presenting what's on the screen ? Maybe have it look like the inside of the t-rex month ? I think if the logo was raised higher and round off on the top to incorporate the curve and displayed the JP text within the logo that would look much better.. Just my opinion.
Or ...completely replace the gate on the right ramp and have the inside of the gate the screen.
Mr DNA

image.jpg 200 KB

A theatre looking plastic surround with curtains or something would be sweet, then you could have the mr dna video and the behind the scenes at jp clips....fun stuff. Very cool

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

A theatre looking plastic surround with curtains or something would be sweet, then you could have the mr dna video and the behind the scenes at jp clips....fun stuff. Very cool

ToM uses the theater curtains. Customers can use that one for JP if they want.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

ToM uses the theater curtains. Customers can use that one for JP if they want.

Again to reiterate, I happen to absolutely love some of the other new designs ... JP just needs to be changed.

What are the total dimensions / do you have a template ? of the generic outside / inside plastic frames for the micro displays ? I would love to go into illustrator and draw up my own. I still say grid background with Mr. DNA wrapped around it displaying / showing stuff on the screen would be what I would try to create.

The game does actually have a Mr. DNA mode, albeit kinda lame but I feel that either that or that touch screen inside the old explorers with the map... I'm going to likely add one but design my own frame.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Again to reiterate, I happen to absolutely love some of the other new designs ... JP just needs to be changed.
What are the total dimensions / do you have a template ? of the generic outside / inside plastic frames for the micro displays ? I would love to go into illustrator and draw up my own. I still say grid background with Mr. DNA wrapped around it displaying / showing stuff on the screen would be what I would try to create.
The game does actually have a Mr. DNA mode, albeit kinda lame but I feel that either that or that touch screen inside the old explorers with the map... I'm going to likely add one but design my own frame.

PM sent.

#19 9 years ago

Perhaps.... We can finally add Mr. DNA to Jurassic Park.... This is just a concept / idea that I whipped together using photoshop and is a quick mock up /idea... But I personally think if done the right way it would work well. Firstly It would obviously be vectorized / cleaned up, the screws can go right over some of Mr. DNA's code / body parts and essentially work perfectly with his circle body parts hiding the screws almost, perhaps this isn't cost effective but even offer a yellow screw for his hand etc... I was also thinking having his sequence / code cross over to the other side. Obviously the grid would also be more pronounced / cleaner. Any one else want Mr. DNA think I'm going in the right direction ?

Mr. Clean's Mr. DNA proposalMr. Clean's Mr. DNA proposal

#20 9 years ago

If you get rid of the half of an A and the C and just have the background I would buy AC/DC in a heartbeat. Just can't buy it like it is - sorry Mark.

#21 9 years ago

Loaded TFTC tonight. Looks pretty badass!

image-270.jpgimage-270.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Loaded TFTC tonight. Looks pretty badass!

image.jpg 265 KB

image-270.jpg 265 KB

Ya, that does look great. Looks like it grew there. Nice job!

#23 9 years ago

I posted this on the other MDM thread. Sorry if it's considered a double post:

I'm still working on a video tutorial showing customers how to load their own video. I hope to put the product back in stock on the website soon.

However, for those of you attending Expo, Rob Anthony (Borygard) should have some titles on display and in stock at his table: TSPP, ACDC, TWD, GnR, CFTBL, and I made some TZ and TAF black and silver TV's for him, as well. The TZ and TAF are not carried on my website, and I'm not sure I'll be making more. TZ as an MDM with a plastic bezel will probably be part of the next batch of new releases, though.

#24 9 years ago

Rob Anthony's table at Expo (Borygard). Seven designs for sale, including two not on my website: TZ, TAF, plus TWD, ACDC, GnR, CFTBL, and TSPP.

IMG_4545.jpgIMG_4545.jpg

#25 9 years ago

I posted on the other thread a few days ago...these are available again on both my site and mezelmods.com.

Instructions for loading your own video are available as a youtube tutorial, webpage, and pdf download.
Here's the youtube tutorial, if you're interested:

#26 9 years ago

GNR pics

image.jpgimage.jpg image-230.jpgimage-230.jpg
#27 9 years ago

Thanks for posting! That looks like a great spot!

#28 9 years ago

nice mod, just bought the ac/dc.

can't wait to get this.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

nice mod, just bought the ac/dc.
can't wait to get this.

Thanks for your order! PM sent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
5,600 (Firm)
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 18.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-twd-gnr-7-new-titles-for-sparkys-mdms-tftc-tdk-potc-jp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.