Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by sosage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo_ac_dc_2.JPG
photo_ac_dc.JPG

#1 6 years ago

I was getting a lot of balls out the out lanes, so I decided to move the posts to close them. Thought it was going to be an easy task.... Took me 3 hours, cause I had to unscrew the front part of both ramps... Does somebody know a faster way to do this?

#2 6 years ago

Took me ten minutes and I am not handy.

#3 6 years ago

Should just keep them the way they are as it will make you a better player.

#4 6 years ago

I did it awhile ago and don't remember it being that much work. I also don't find it helps much either preventing drains.

#5 6 years ago

You shouldnt need to unscrew the ramps to close the lanes? Just need a needle nose plyers for the top half?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from proscript:

I did it awhile ago and don't remember it being that much work. I also don't find it helps much either preventing drains.

I agree, it does not slow the ball from draining ..

#7 6 years ago

10 minutes. Nut driver, small wrench and pop it out from the bottom. There's enough room to move it over underneath the ramp.

#8 6 years ago

Sounds like if you used a different technique you could of saved yourself at least 2 & 1/2 hours. Oh well live and learn. Maybe next time ask here if your having trouble with something and someone will usually steer you in the right direction.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

Should just keep them the way they are as it will make you a better player.

Obviously no one in this thread agrees. Have you ever played acdc? With the outlanes closed the ball still drains out the left outlane 90% of the time. The outlanes in this game are the most annoying since sttng.

#10 6 years ago

I really dislike a table that has hungry outlanes, I consider this to be a design flaw.
I will say this, though, pros know how to minimize this kind of loss on a table by table basis, there is an art to it..

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyFliprFingrs:

I really dislike a table that has hungry outlanes, I consider this to be a design flaw.I will say this, though, pros know how to minimize this kind of loss on a table by table basis, there is an art to it..

Yes. No matter how much you want to hear the game say "Oy", don't shoot for the TNT targets. LOL And also, don't miss your shots.

#12 6 years ago

I really dislike a table that has hungry outlanes, I consider this to be a design flaw.

AC/DC is 10000x better than Pinbot or STTNG.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Obviously no one in this thread agrees. Have you ever played acdc? With the outlanes closed the ball still drains out the left outlane 90% of the time. The outlanes in this game are the most annoying since sttng.

We do agree with you! I cheated on STTNG and got the lane extenders. I'm not a good nudger(careful typing that word!). Trying to add it to my play but old habits hard to break.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Took me ten minutes and I am not handy.

I haven't moved mine, but I just looked and I would agree; ten minutes...max.

John

#15 6 years ago

I also thought the outlane and bell shot were giving me waaaaay to many drains. So I took a black post sleeve and cut it down to 3/16 inch . After closing the outlane to the tightest spot I installed the cut down sleeve first , then a 3/16 id ( I think ) ring and the standard post ring. Along with a good playfield angle it stops alot more outlane drains.

Hobbs

photo_ac_dc.JPG photo_ac_dc_2.JPG

#16 6 years ago

Guess I have to improve my skills to do this kind of things....

#17 6 years ago

I will say this, though, pros know how to minimize this kind of loss on a table by table basis, there is an art to it..

yep,pinballs are designed to have 30 minute games,on 1 QUARTER (or whatever it costs for one credit these days!!!)

#18 6 years ago

I suggest you tell that to Steve Ritchie.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I suggest you tell that to Steve Ritchie.

I don't know a ton aboot ACDC, but I'd be willing to guess it's more of a Stern thing (not Stern bashing)? Seems to me if it's a left lane that gobbles up balls SR would have thrown a kickback in there. Usually his M.O.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know a ton aboot ACDC, but I'd be willing to guess it's more of a Stern thing (not Stern bashing)? Seems to me if it's a left lane that gobbles up balls SR would have thrown a kickback in there. Usually his M.O.

I don't agree that this is a stern thing. TFLE was not an outlane drainer. All Steve Ritchie games are most notably: sttng, getaway, acdc. He loves to punish you hard for missing a shot. That generally results in out of control ball and into the slingshots. It's his standard design practice. I love Steve Ritchie games. But they can sure be frustrating when you're off.

#21 6 years ago

AC/DC has a lot of side to side action, so it is only natural to have side drains. You have the drops on the left and the standups on the right, not to mention the cannon and the high powered sling shots (instead of the wimpy 20volt slings).

John

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

AC/DC has a lot of side to side action, so it is only natural to have side drains. You have the drops on the left and the standups on the right, not to mention the cannon and the high powered sling shots (instead of the wimpy 20volt slings).
John

+1....You should only be picking modes where you have control shots (Train, War Machine, Rosie, Shook, etc.) I avoid the modes that have anything to do with the drops or stand-ups. Even Hells Bells can be very rewarding and less dangerous if you get your return lane dialed in.

Just be ready to make a pretty good nudge off cannon shots. Ive had only a handful of balls drain of cannon shots. Its rapidly becoming my favorite game. Cant wait to see what future code updates bring us.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Yes. No matter how much you want to hear the game say "Oy", don't shoot for the TNT targets. LOL And also, don't miss your shots.

I dunno just had a killer game going for TNT 65 mill ball 1 and it my first day with the game

#24 6 years ago

When did Stern start making super strong slingshots? On my Pro They shoot the ball up the ramps and around the orbit.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That generally results in out of control ball and into the slingshots. It's his standard design practice.

Good point. I guess when looking up the facts I see he hasn't made a game with a Kickback since 2003.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

When did Stern start making super strong slingshots?

I was told by someone at Stern support that it started with Iron Man classic.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from proscript:

We do agree with you! I cheated on STTNG and got the lane extenders. I'm not a good nudger(careful typing that word!). Trying to add it to my play but old habits hard to break.

I could have swore I heard Ritchie say the lane extension is the only thing he wishes he had tweaked on TNG. If The Man says he wishes they were in the game and gives them the thumbs up, I'd say you're not cheating.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside