• Latest reply 11 years ago by Gorgar1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4746.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Any one else had this rubber break? also what size is it so I can order another thanks.

IMG_4746.JPGIMG_4746.JPG

#2 11 years ago

The rubber size is usually embossed on one side of the rubber. Or you could look at your manual, the rubber sizes should be in there too.

#3 11 years ago

Mine broke quickly. New one holding up better.

#4 11 years ago

Ive Replaced one or two as well. Gotta Stretch it thin to make it fit too as its a tight fit on the back.

#5 11 years ago

Yep, I had mine break. It's a 1 and a half inch rubber.

#6 11 years ago

Oddly, mine broke this week end and it was 1 inch

#7 11 years ago

That area gets slammed constantly. I'm surprised the mini post rubbers are holding up as long as they have.

#8 11 years ago

No but the LED behind the T keeps falling out...

#9 11 years ago

Hey DD are you in the AC/DC comp?

#10 11 years ago

Thanks guys I got mine out but had to take plastic off to fit new one and loosen the post as its a dam tight fit, I've managed to loose one of the black plastic spacers not sure where it went.

#11 11 years ago

Rubber swapped but had to take the detonator plastic off and stern must have put it on wet as the top red paint stuck to the coil bracket not happy.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Hey DD are you in the AC/DC comp?

Wish I was. Got married and went on a honeymoon to Vanuatu,not far from you, great place, no pins but.
Are you and if so how you goin? Whats a good score?

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Rubber swapped but had to take the detonator plastic off and stern must have put it on wet as the top red paint stuck to the coil bracket not happy.

Hey Pete. What size was it? I may have given you the wrong size. Can you touch up the paint or is it not worth worrying about? I'm not to bothered about wear on my LTBR as it'll be a keeper for always, I hope. :DD

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Hey Pete. What size was it? I may have given you the wrong size. Can you touch up the paint or is it not worth worrying about? I'm not to bothered about wear on my LTBR as it'll be a keeper for always, I hope. :DD

It was a 1inch rubber but I only had white so that TNT area I changed them all the white until I get black, the paint has come off but stuck to the detonator bracket so when the plastic covers it they match up so not to bad but I may see if AMD sells them and I'll grab a spare. Tron should arrive next week so acdc will have a rest lol.

#15 11 years ago

I cant keep the rubbers on the flippers. I have dropped the lower playfield down twice to put the rubber on the left flipper and had to put the rubber back on the main left flipper 3 times now. All have been on the left side.

#16 11 years ago

yep I'm going to be there DD and the scores I have seen are not even close to some of the scores you have posted. I hope to win the state finals but there is some stiff competition.

#17 11 years ago

Sorry to highjack ya thread Gorgar just saw DD there and had to ask, cause if he was in it he might be a contender to win.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

I cant keep the rubbers on the flippers. I have dropped the lower playfield down twice to put the rubber on the left flipper and had to put the rubber back on the main left flipper 3 times now. All have been on the left side.

I hear hairspray fixes the lower pf rubber. Apply it to the inside of rubber not flipper bat

As for the main flipper rubber, have you tried replacing it with a new rubber? If so, go for the hairspray tactic here too.

#19 11 years ago

Same problem here.
The TNT rubber broke a long time ago. The new one is holding up great.
I also had the red rubbers coming off the mini playfield and even the regular flippers a lot.
I replaced those and have never had a problem since.
The ones that Stern sent out are either a bit to large in size or they are just very cheaply made.

(Pretty sure this is about the third or fourth thread about this problem).

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

It was a 1inch rubber but I only had white so that TNT area I changed them all the white until I get black, the paint has come off but stuck to the detonator bracket so when the plastic covers it they match up so not to bad but I may see if AMD sells them and I'll grab a spare. Tron should arrive next week so acdc will have a rest lol.

Good stuff! And your getting a Tron lucky bugga!! Man I never thought I could part with my Shark but Ive been thinking of changing to something else more modern(two pins at home will do). Wouldn't mind a Mousin Around for old times sake. We'll see. Even with your new Tron I bet that BIBLE keeps twinkling at you!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

yep I'm going to be there DD and the scores I have seen are not even close to some of the scores you have posted. I hope to win the state finals but there is some stiff competition.

Cool , go get em Mick. I'm up around the 400 mark(5 ball) with the latest code but its being effing mean to me! I'm supposed to be working making signs but I hear the mighty Acka calling. Think I'll go have a game now..

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I hear hairspray fixes the lower pf rubber. Apply it to the inside of rubber not flipper bat
As for the main flipper rubber, have you tried replacing it with a new rubber? If so, go for the hairspray tactic here too.

Thanks for the tip about the hair spray. I never thought about that, but it makes sence.

#23 11 years ago

I also pushed my lower PF rubbers back on but the main flippers has been fine although the red has turned to black most likely because if the black rubbers ?

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Good stuff! And your getting a Tron lucky bugga!! Man I never thought I could part with my Shark but Ive been thinking of changing to something else more modern(two pins at home will do). Wouldn't mind a Mousin Around for old times sake. We'll see. Even with your new Tron I bet that BIBLE keeps twinkling at you!

Yep the acdc will be hard to beat its an awesome game.

2 weeks later
#25 11 years ago

I've read these posts so I know it can be done. The 1" black rubber ring the OP replaced. It is SO tight between that back post and the metal shield around the coil. I looked after reading this and found my ring was broken too. The rubber was so caught up in that tight spot I had to cut and pry to get it out.

I can't imagine squeezing a fresh rubber ring in there. I've removed the plastic and only loosened the post. Would like to remove only what's necessary to get the job done.

Would appreciate any new experiences with this fix. Thanks.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from TavaLee:

I've read these posts so I know it can be done. The 1" black rubber ring the OP replaced. It is SO tight between that back post and the metal shield around the coil. I looked after reading this and found my ring was broken too. The rubber was so caught up in that tight spot I had to cut and pry to get it out.
I can't imagine squeezing a fresh rubber ring in there. I've removed the plastic and only loosened the post. Would like to remove only what's necessary to get the job done.
Would appreciate any new experiences with this fix. Thanks.

Yeah it's tight alright I had to loosen post to get new rubber in but I put a bigger rubber in 1 1/2 inch so it's not as tight and my last longer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-tnt-rubber-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.