Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by busa32927
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have an AC/DC bought NIB that I have had for a few years. Up until today, no problems. I have not played it much recently. Today, I fired it up and in the middle of a game (She Shook Me All Night Long) the play stopped and I got a message stating "This Game Has A Hardware/Software Mismatch Please Contact Stern Pinball". I tried a couple of reboots, waiting a few minutes before restarting and still the same message. Anybody have any ideas on what I should do? I sent an email to Stern Technical and have not heard back from them.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

I have an AC/DC bought NIB that I have had for a few years. Up until today, no problems. I have not played it much recently. Today, I fired it up and in the middle of a game (She Shook Me All Night Long) the play stopped and I got a message stating "This Game Has A Hardware/Software Mismatch Please Contact Stern Pinball". I tried a couple of reboots, waiting a few minutes before restarting and still the same message. Anybody have any ideas on what I should do? I sent an email to Stern Technical and have not heard back from them.

Maybe be a little bit more patient and wait for a response from Stern?

#3 1 year ago

I'd download and reflash the code.

#4 1 year ago

I had a similar issue on my ACDC and it was due to a damaged power cable for my PMD LCD mod. New cable fixed it. Maybe one of your cables is stressed or not seated properly?

#5 1 year ago

I have never received a reply from stern ever on any email I have sent them . They suck for emails .

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

check all the connections in the head. Including the ribbon cables. I find this tends to be the issue when that comes up

JJ

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

check all the connections in the head. Including the ribbon cables. I find this tends to be the issue when that comes up
JJ

I did reseat the connections and ribbon cables in the back box. I am still getting the mismatch message on the DMD. Stern did send me an email this morning with the same advice. Any one have any other ideas?

#8 1 year ago

Did you re load the software? One other thing to try.. Ive seen that problem when a funky plug or wiring is being used.. Just try to pull power from a different circuit to be sure. It's unlikely but Ive seen it twice. Once on my floor once in customers home. Customers, home there was a large Chest freezer also on the circut.. and when it would kick on it would anger the pinball gods and cause that message to come up. they plugged it into a different power outlet and problem went away

2 weeks later
#9 1 year ago

What did this end up being?

#10 1 year ago

why did you just call stern. the wait time would be less than waiting for an email reply.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
$ 10.95
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 279.95
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
6,995 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Des Moines, IA
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Powell, WY
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Itasca, IL
$ 11.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside