(Topic ID: 63922)

ACDC "The Missing Song"? Check out the video...

By Asylum

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by oga83
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1668.JPG
acdc_strips.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Added a song to my ACDC from my personal collection... Just seems to fit the pin... doesn't it?

#2 10 years ago

In case there is actually someone out there that never seen the post on how to do this... see below.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#3 10 years ago

Here's a better video...

#4 10 years ago

I want the song "Ballbreaker" in the game. Maybe I should buy this game but wished for more shots in game.

#5 10 years ago

That's the beauty part of the program... you can add any song you want.

For fun I replaced Rock and Roll train with Ozzy's Crazy Train.

#6 10 years ago

So I can take a song out I don't like, and put in another song like "Shoot to Thrill" or " Dirty Deeds", and it will be perfectly integrated into the game? That's cool as hell.

#7 10 years ago

Great job and great song! Makes me want to play it...

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So I can take a song out I don't like, and put in another song like "Shoot to Thrill" or " Dirty Deeds", and it will be perfectly integrated into the game? That's cool as hell.

I dunno about perfectly integrated...most shots thematically correspond to their songs well. Since Rosie is just the AXE inserts, that could work...but then you still have Rosie inflating animation that goes along with that song. The multiball guitar riffs & dancing band sync with the song playing...so that would be off as well.

I think the rom hacking looks fun...and after watching that video, OMG Big Balls should have been in the game....lol....but I dunno, call me a purist...I'd rather play the game as designed.

....except for Xmen - once someone replaces all the voices, I'm totally cool with that lol

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I dunno about perfectly integrated

True... but it can be close!

The thread above will help... I took and changed the following songs which I thought integrated into the pin very well. (except for Rosie)

Old New
War Machine - Shot Down in Flames
Hell aint a bad place - Dirty deeds
Rosie - Jailbreak
Let there be rock - Big Balls

#10 10 years ago

I think Shoot to Thrill fits in place of War Machine nicely. I also put Its a Long Way to the Top in place of LTBR which also works pretty well. The jackpot riffs during MB are a bit off, but not as bad as I feared, and I never notice the dancing band.
I didn't want to replace any of the Hell songs due to theme integration. I'm tempted to replace For Those About to Rock, but its probably too well integrated also.
Also, you can also change it back whenever you like.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I'm tempted to replace For Those About to Rock, but its probably too well integrated also.

I was thinking about this too - but adding "Shoot to thrill" in its place...

#12 10 years ago

I want to add Who Made Who and Dirty Deeds someday, but the stock song selection is actually way better than I thought it would be. I am content with it the way it is for the foreseeable future.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I think Shoot to Thrill fits in place of War Machine nicely. I also put Its a Long Way to the Top in place of LTBR which also works pretty well. The jackpot riffs during MB are a bit off, but not as bad as I feared, and I never notice the dancing band.
I didn't want to replace any of the Hell songs due to theme integration. I'm tempted to replace For Those About to Rock, but its probably too well integrated also.
Also, you can also change it back whenever you like.

Nice. Yeah, I tend not to pick For Those About To Rock due to the slow start...but there's nothing more satisfying than having a long ball with that song, getting to the kick-ass part...getting into Multiball and hitting the FIRE button as they yell "FIIIRE!" in the song!

#14 10 years ago

I've got the following songs changed out on mine, including the Title Strips

Old: New:
Hell ain't a bad place to be Dirty Deeds
Let there be rock Shoot to Thrill
War Machine Who Made Who

My encore song (although I'll probably never get to it is)
It's a long way to the top

On top of this, my attract radio mode has a bunch of different songs on it on the AM Dial
Girls Got Rhythm, Big Balls, Along way to the Top, Shot down in Flames, Ball Breaker...and added back the songs removed from the game, so they can still be heard in radio mode.

acdc_strips.jpgacdc_strips.jpg

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

On top of this, my attract radio mode has a bunch of different songs on it on the AM Dial
Girls Got Rhythm, Big Balls, Along way to the Top, Shot down in Flames, Ball Breaker...and added back the songs removed from the game, so they can still be heard in radio mode.

Awesome!

#16 10 years ago

I wish there was a repository for these types of firmware updates

#17 10 years ago

This is what I want! How do I change just the Encore song?

#18 10 years ago

Well i didnt know about this at all, makes the game more desirable for me as there is one song i dont care for.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I dunno about perfectly integrated...most shots thematically correspond to their songs well. Since Rosie is just the AXE inserts, that could work...but then you still have Rosie inflating animation that goes along with that song. The multiball guitar riffs & dancing band sync with the song playing...so that would be off as well.
I think the rom hacking looks fun...and after watching that video, OMG Big Balls should have been in the game....lol....but I dunno, call me a purist...I'd rather play the game as designed.
....except for Xmen - once someone replaces all the voices, I'm totally cool with that lol

Oh please do not forget to redo the Batman voices as Xmen voices are at least tolerable

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Oh please do not forget to redo the Batman voices

Funny...

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from JDubbbs:

Well i didnt know about this at all

Quoted from RacerRik:

This is what I want! How do I change just the Encore song?

First thing is read through this thread... http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images
Then get the program pinball browser and also get Audacity. After you read through the thread play around with it and it is easy to figure out.

Check out the videos for what I did to my Xmen Magneto...
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-x-men-magneto-le-109-6050-lots-of-mods-south-carolina

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I save the latest Stern firmware on my hard drive. You can make changes to the songs and save the "modified" file in a different directory. You can go back to the factory firmware very easily.

The other cool thing is when you upload a modified firmware it will error out at the end - however it did change the songs and display messages you added. Simply remove the flash drive and reset... good to go! Also, it leaves your high scores and other data like totals plays intact.

#24 10 years ago

I've got the following songs changed out on mine, including the Title Strips
Old: New:
Hell ain't a bad place to be Dirty Deeds
Let there be rock Shoot to Thrill
War Machine Who Made Who

Finally someone else with Ballbreaker request in game.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Well, there kind of is one.
just not public.

And thanks for posting my modified Jukebox plastic Craig.
I managed to get the plastic a bit thicker on my last batch.
They really came out nice.

#26 10 years ago

When you change out the song, what happens to the music when the ball is in the shooter lane? Normally, it only plays the first few measures of the song on a loop until you plunge the ball. Can you pick the spot where the song repeats?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

And thanks for posting my modified Jukebox plastic

You make these? Do tell!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

When you change out the song, what happens to the music when the ball is in the shooter lane? Normally, it only plays the first few measures of the song on a loop until you plunge the ball. Can you pick the spot where the song repeats?

The program auto fills all the spots of the song you replace. You notice no difference with what you have asked here. However - the hardest part is taking a 4 minute song and replacing it with a 3 minute song. That can cause issues with dead air. You need to use audacity to splice the added song and make it loop to fill the full 4 minutes. As you play with the program you will get better at adding things like fade outs. When its done most of my added songs play and sound great in the game.

#29 10 years ago

Arcade/LEO is who helped me with the software modifications to my game as well as the Titlestrip plastic. BIG KUDO'S to him for this.

As for the ball being in the shooter lane. Yes, it has been modified too, so that it only plays a few riffs of the new modified songs awaiting the player to plunge the ball.

Also the game has been modified also so that the end of game, flasher attract mode sequence plays a piece of "Shoot to Thrill" that fades out as the flashers end. This modification to the game code is so much better than Let there be Rock.

GAME OVER >
"Shoot to thrill, play to kill
I got my gun at the ready, gonna fire at will
'Cause I shoot to thrill, and I'm ready to kill
I can't get enough, I can't get MY THRILL" FADE

#30 10 years ago

Arcade/LEO is who helped me with the software modifications to my game as well as the Titlestrip plastic. BIG KUDO'S to him for this.

Who is Arcade/LEO? Would he be willing to modify other people's games for a fee?

This modification to the game code is so much better than Let there be Rock.

Let There Be Rock is my least favorite song on the game. If I modify it, LTBR will be the first to go.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If I modify it, LTBR will be the first to go

Mod it baby!!!

That's the beauty of the program... remove what you don't want - add what you like!

#32 10 years ago

Just send me a PM and I will answer any question you guys have about BIN files.
Any BIN file help that I give is always free. I just love helping out other people when I can.
Leon.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just send me a PM and I will answer any question you guys have about BIN files.

Ditto!

#34 10 years ago

I do the BIN file help as well as custom plastics for the Jukebox.
These I charge for as they take quite a bit of time to set up and get printed professionally.
This is the one in my machine. Only one song different then the one I did for Hasselcastle.

IMG_1668.JPGIMG_1668.JPG

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

custom plastics for the Jukebox

Dude... PM me... Ill put a copy of orders in for the most common songs I play...

1 month later
#36 10 years ago

Music selection sure does make a huge difference.

here are my macros:

ReplaceString,0xC4BC4,"SHOOT TO THRILL CHAMP"
ReplaceString,0xC4C58,"SHOT DOWN CHAMPION"
ReplaceString,0xC4A64,"SHOT DOWN"
ReplaceString,0xC55C4,"SHOT DOWN"
ReplaceString,0xD0AD8,"SHOT DOWN"
ReplaceString,0xD2140,"MUSIC: SHOT DOWN"
ReplaceString,0xC4A08,"THRILL"
ReplaceString,0xD0A38,"THRILL"
ReplaceString,0xC5558,"THRILL"
ReplaceString,0xD20B4,"MUSIC: THRILL"
ReplaceString,0xC4A4C,"IF U WANT BLOOD"
ReplaceString,0xC4C30,"IF U WANT BLOOD CHAMP"
ReplaceString,0xC5564,"IF U WANT BLOOD"
ReplaceString,0xD0AAC,"IF U WANT BLOOD"
ReplaceString,0xD2118,"MUSIC: IF U WANT BLOOD"
ReplaceString,0xC4A38,"LETS GET IT UP"
ReplaceString,0xC4C14,"LETS GET IT UP CHAMPION"
ReplaceString,0xC5530,"LETS GET IT UP"
ReplaceString,0xD20FC,"MUSIC: LETS GET IT UP"
ReplaceString,0xC4A24,"LONG WAY TO THE TOP"
ReplaceString,0xC4BF8,"LONG WAY TO THE TOP CHAMP"
ReplaceString,0xC5574,"LONG WAY TO THE TOP"
ReplaceString,0xD0A84,"LONG WAY TO THE TOP"
ReplaceString,0xD20E0,"MUSIC: LONG WAY TO THE TOP"
ReplaceString,0xC49E8,"HAVE A DRINK ON ME"
ReplaceString,0xC4B9C,"HAVE A DRINK ON ME CHAMPION"

ReplaceString,0xC4A70,"NOISE POLLUTION"
ReplaceString,0xC4C70,"NOISE POLLUTION CHAMPION"
ReplaceString,0xC5544,"NOISE POLLUTION"
ReplaceString,0xD0AE4,"NOISE POLLUTION"
Message,0,0x5E5,"ROCK N ROLL AINT NOISE POLLUTION"
Message,0,0x5E6,"ROCK N ROLL AINT NOISE POLLUTION"
Message,0,0x5E9,"ROCK N ROLL AINT NOISE POLLUTION"
Message,0,0x706,"ROCK N ROLL AINT NOISE POLLUTION"

#37 10 years ago

Love Ac/dc now with all my favorite songs thanks to Arcade/Leon! Do you update the songs yourself Asylum?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Do you update the songs yourself Asylum?

Indeed sir! For both ACDC and MET... also added song clips to Xmen and Avengers. Very cool!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Added a song to my ACDC from my personal collection... Just seems to fit the pin... doesn't it?

Love it! I may add that one to mine

#40 10 years ago

I'm adding this one to mine for sure....

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Let There Be Rock is my least favorite song on the game. If I modify it, LTBR will be the first to go.

Same here. Can't stand this song. Its a long way to the top would be a good choice I think. Don't have the time to do figure this out though.

#42 10 years ago

Man this is so cool. AC/DC is the best Stern since LOTR. Mind you they are probably the only two sterns I would have.

#43 10 years ago

Stern and AC/DC.... Not putting that song in the game from the start was an epic fail. Everyone who knows music and heres I have an AC/DC pin asks if Big Balls is in the game. I have to lower my head, shake it, look them in the eyes and tell them, no but Rock and Roll Train is. ???

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Wow really? That's my favorite, I love playing pinball to that song when it gets going in the middle.

I guess I'm the only one who actually likes the songs as they are. I love War Machine as a mode song, not super crazy about it outside of the game, but sometimes not so good songs make good pinball music, and vice versa. Rock n Roll train is my least favorite, but given the left ramp theme, it's har dto remove it, and in the game, it fits with everything.

I STILLLLL firmly believe Big Balls HAS to be in this machine somewhere in a later code update. How an ACDC pinball machine and the song Big Balls cannot be together is beyond me.

1 month later
#45 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Music selection sure does make a huge difference.
here are my macros:

Great. Thanks for the Macro.

Here is a question: Do you (or anyone else) have a list of which request number (under the Sound System tab) corresponds to which song played in-game? There seem to be duplicate request numbers for the same song. Do you import the same .wav for each or how does that work?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Here is a question: Do you (or anyone else) have a list of which request number (under the Sound System tab) corresponds to which song played in-game?

See the 'Bookmark' section in the Pinball Browser OP and the ACD165LE.DAT file here

[EDIT] ACD165LE.DAT can also be downloaded here

Quoted from VolunteerPin:

There seem to be duplicate request numbers for the same song. Do you import the same .wav for each or how does that work?

More info about the "sound requests" and "sound fragments" here

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

here are my macros:

Very good !
I strongly encourage the use of Pinball Browser macros (and not sharing bin files) and this is the first time I see someone using them here

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-the-missing-song and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.