You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SAM_0192.JPG
20131103_160246[1].jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

when you have a song jackpot of 165M with 3X scoring going and you MISS TWICE!!! I've choked in head to head competition before, but this one felt pretty bad.

Oh, same game, I was one orbit shot from changing songs and qualifying Encore (never gotten there and have no clue what happens or how to do what)…and missed a couple shots and then drained to end the game.

Never been so bummed out over a 750M score.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still a pretty ball busting good time!

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please don't use all caps in thread headers.

#2 10 years ago

I still have no idea how to play mine, but I love it!

#3 10 years ago

That sucks! But i feel no pity for you with your pin line up it seems you will get another chance. I would be willing to trade you straight up for my space station lol.

#4 10 years ago

Ouchhhhhh, that hurts

#5 10 years ago

The 165M song jackpot is about double the biggest I've ever assembled. And to have not one, but two clear shots at it, with 3X going, and blow it is just such an epic choke. I think they were both with multi-ball going but I can't even remember now.

#6 10 years ago

That blows!!!!

#7 10 years ago

That's why AC/DC rocks! Ultimate satisfaction if you succeed with risk vs. reward!

#8 10 years ago

That DOES suck!

I'm telling you, AC/DC can piss me off like no other pin I've ever owned because of things like you describe here. But man, when you do it that big jackpot, it sure is satisfying. And the adrenaline rush that it cause leading up to the big shot just can't be beat!

Nice score. You could have gone over the 1 billion threshold if you hit that shot. Keep trying!

#9 10 years ago

Wow I must really suck. Had the game 2 weeks and 217M is my best score. Apparently need to seek a rules sheet about how to maximize scoring, multipliers and jackpots.

#10 10 years ago

what sucks worse is when you have the song jackpot ready to cash in. Hit the damn shot. and the target doesn't drop. Happened to me twice on the same game. Tried for it for 80M. Bounces of the target, doesn't drop. Relight fire quick 3 times again. another F.U. courtesy of the drop target.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what sucks worse is when you have the song jackpot ready to cash in. Hit the damn shot. and the target doesn't drop. Happened to me twice on the same game. Tried for it for 80M. Bounces of the target, doesn't drop. Relight fire quick 3 times again. another F.U. courtesy of the drop target.

I have never, ever, heard of this happening. Was this a pin on route I assume? Drop targets not dropping on ACDC is surely not a common problem by a long shot.

#12 10 years ago

When I saw the thread title, I thought "oh this can't be good."

No problems with my drops.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Drop targets not dropping on ACDC is surely not a common problem by a long shot.

Especially on the Pro!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have never, ever, heard of this happening. Was this a pin on route I assume? Drop targets not dropping on ACDC is surely not a common problem by a long shot.

Nope, if the cannon hits the target just right, it hits so hard it bounces back and resticks. Premium, bought NIB just 8 months ago. Happens from time to time.

#15 10 years ago

That sucks I've had 100 million at 2x and missed so I could imagine your frustration I can't blame my drops as they always go down when I hit them

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Nope, if the cannon hits the target just right, it hits so hard it bounces back and resticks. Premium, bought NIB just 8 months ago. Happens from time to time.

Same problem. If you blast a target dead on, the recoil on the target is so fast that it "locks" back into place instead of dropping. The only possible solution I can think of would be to slightly lower the power on the cannon coil?

#17 10 years ago

Yes,it sucks!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Same problem. If you blast a target dead on, the recoil on the target is so fast that it "locks" back into place instead of dropping. The only possible solution I can think of would be to slightly lower the power on the cannon coil?

Try adjusting the tension of the spring on the drop target.

#19 10 years ago

I had a few of the drop bounce-backs early on but it hasn't happened in forever...just play it more, I think it "breaks in" eventually.

#21 10 years ago

Mine failed to drop more often than not from the cannon shot when it was new. I fixed by repeatedly lifting and lowering the drop while providing pressure to make the little catch ledge scrape. Eventually it was worn down enough that they almost always drop now.

#22 10 years ago

ACDC Sucks... Sucks me right in so I can't leave to play any other pin

#23 10 years ago

Sounds like you suck, not AC/DC! JK

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

when you have a song jackpot of 165M with 3X scoring going and you MISS TWICE!!! I've choked in head to head competition before, but this one felt pretty bad.
Oh, same game, I was one orbit shot from changing songs and qualifying Encore (never gotten there and have no clue what happens or how to do what)…and missed a couple shots and then drained to end the game.
Never been so bummed out over a 750M score.
ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still a pretty ball busting good time!

Ouch! Here, this will make you feel better...
image.jpgimage.jpg
It's amazing how fast your heart beats when you have a 3x huge song JP shot going with the cannon.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Happens on mine too from time to time, not as much as it did initially but still doing it.....

#26 10 years ago

Oh the pain. Not many things will make me bring my fist down on the glass. This does.

#27 10 years ago

Not sure about the stern machines but on the older machines if there is a problem with drops not dropping it is typically the targets are too close to the rubber, if there is any adjustment move the drop target away forward a smidge.

#28 10 years ago

Wow! A 165 million song jackpot would be awesome. I have never gotten one up that big.

I was lucky enough to roll a good game today after waxing the playfield and on my pitiful 55 million jackpot the damn drop targets refused to drop.

20131103_160246[1].jpg20131103_160246[1].jpg
#29 10 years ago

great game!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It happens on mine all the time also. Mine was NIB purchased 7 months ago. I try to hit the middle of two targets. That seems to help make sure they drop and also gives you two jackpots if they are lit. For some reason, waiting until the canon is coming back up from the bottom seems to help as well.

#31 10 years ago

Play better!

#32 10 years ago

I think what I'm hearing is, even if you had hit the target, it wouldn't have dropped. So don't sweat it.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from RacerRik:

It happens on mine all the time also. Mine was NIB purchased 7 months ago. I try to hit the middle of two targets. That seems to help make sure they drop and also gives you two jackpots if they are lit. For some reason, waiting until the canon is coming back up from the bottom seems to help as well.

+1

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I think what I'm hearing is, even if you had hit the target, it wouldn't have dropped. So don't sweat it.

Moral victories SUCK!

#35 10 years ago

I saw this statement in another thread and it might apply. "PLAY BETTER"

lol just joking

#36 10 years ago

It will be funny to see owner of premium/LE trying to make the same score on faster AC/DC pro

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

It will be funny to see owner of premium/LE trying to make the same score on faster AC/DC pro

None of those owners of the premium/LE's give a flying c#%p about the stripped down version.

#38 10 years ago

This button was perfect for my AC/DC. LOVE IT!
SAM_0192.JPGSAM_0192.JPG

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

I have not played a Pro model, but I really doubt there would be any significant difference in speed.

#40 10 years ago

What kind of strategy are you guys doing to get your song jackpots so high??!

#41 10 years ago

My drop target does it all the time too. EXTREMELY frustrating. Haven't figured out a way to fix it. Seems to only do it when I have a large jackpot. Doesn't seem to do it when I start multiball.

Some songs are easier to raise the jackpot than others such as Shook me and Highway to Hell are two easy ones.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

That is an easy one.
Start off on Highway to Hell.
Hit the bell three times before you head up the right ramp to get 2X playfield going.
I got 3X going once but it is very hard to do.
Then bash the hell out of the red targets or do loops on the mini playfield.
I have gotten mine up to around 15 to 20 million jackpot and when you fire the cannon at the target it will be doubled to 30 to 40 million.
Not a bad way to start a game.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I start off with easy songs; RnR train, shook me, Rosie...I use my mb's on thunderstruck (jam), TNT or bib or shook me (album), WM or LTBR or HABPTB (tour). If I can get through a few songs and get 2x or 3x rolling ill try and get H2H going and rack up some song JP points, then get hells bells rolling with VIP passes to restart 2x/3x and get a mb going. After the mb, go for a hell shot or go for JP collection with 3x going. I usually always end with hells bells when I'm ready to collect. Especially if I have VIP passes and a mb lined up.

#45 10 years ago

some of the scores you guys have on here. I think it's time to take the game off of ten ball.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

some of the scores you guys have on here. I think it's time to take the game off of ten ball.

3ball, 10ball, 20ball, Infiniti balls...doesn't matter with ACDC. It only takes one good ball to rack up a song jp. Now I do have my outlanes pulled in. But I don't care, owned the game for 6 mos with it at factory and enjoy it 10x more with the outlanes at minimum. Still tough as nails and games where I rack up a huge song jp with 3x scoring are still as rare as a finished stern code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-sucks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.