• Latest reply 9 years ago by Hawkeyepin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1280525251_Avatar_Mix_final.jpg
DD.jpeg
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 12 years ago

lol ok av8, you obvs know that I scored 1.6 bill on LOTR, so why would you not believe that I scored 427 mill on acdc??? How about this... I put 1 billion on the LE then take a pic for you??? Or I might even make a vid. Mark if you are going to be in Seattle l'll catch up with you then.

As for being bitter, yeah I am given that JJ is doing everything that Gary wont. I think given the threads that have come out about Stern, they are not making enough effort to keep pinball alive. Heck this game is even about an Aussie band and I am still disappointed.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#103 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol ok av8, you obvs know that I scored 1.6 bill on LOTR, so why would you not believe that I scored 427 mill on acdc??? How about this... I put 1 billion on the LE then take a pic for you??? Or I might even make a vid.

Hmm, is here somebody who wants to know how good RGR plays?
Hmm, not me!

in the last few weeks there was not one single post from you with a point that would make any sense for me. I always read how bad AC/DC is, how good WOZ will be......boring

Somebody posts something small negative about this pin and you jump on it, and it becomes an elephant. Perhaps WOZ is your holy grail it is not mine. For me there is no pefect pin. You said once that if WOZ will be bad....pinball for you is finished.
Perhaps after reading all your posts from the last month it is time for you to take a step away from this hobby. Pinballs are there for fun, nothing more nothing less. I don't believe there could be a game that could fullfill your dreams, that would be the last game ever build. there would be no need for a next pinball if there is a perfect one.

Every game will have flaws but for me, from what I saw, AC/DC will be what i want from it.
I don't know if that means that I am blind? But i do know that I will have fun playing it. I will have the fun that you have lost long ago.
I don't need perfection, I don't need something complete new. I just want a AC/DC pin that gives me fun playing it. It don't have to be the best ever, and the score I will put on it is absolut unimportant.

I feel sorry for you.

#104 12 years ago

To everyone that will buy one or get the chance to play an AC/DC pinball. Keep on rockin', I wish you all a helluva good time with it. Good nite from germany.

#105 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

RGR , Yr Full of More Shit than a Christmas Turkey..

Thanks BR, good to know what page your on. So your doubting me too???

Well like I said, if anyone is happy with the game thats fine, just dont whinge after a few months when you are bored of it. The songs are great, the game looks great.. but the gameplay is boring.

The LEs arrive here on Tuesday. Give us 1 month and l'll get back to you with a vid or pic of proof.

Asael if none of my points make sense then you got no idea how to play or are you able to judge a good game from a bad one. Sorry mate I would not have said that if you were not so pleasant.

#106 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

The LEs arrive here on Tuesday. Give us 1 month and l'll get back to you with a vid or pic of proof.

We really don't care what you say anymore !

Jim

#107 12 years ago

RGR ,, Seem's like You would like AC/DC ,, The members All moved Down-under @ 1 tyme and meet each other there , They Started the Band in Aust-.. I Heard that The main Aussie Dealer ordered an X-Tra 3 Cargo load's of the AC/DC Pin because of it's Popularity .. But I Hope Yr WRONG !! If I feel my Premium is a Keeper after a couple Mth's , I'll sell 1 of my other Keeper's.. And I like Turkey .. I have No Beef w/ You .. You Just like to Stir tha Pot......

#108 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

RGR ,, Seem's like You would like AC/DC ,, The members All moved Down-under @ 1 tyme and meet each other there , They Started the Band in Aust-.. I Heard that The main Aussie Dealer ordered an X-Tra 3 Cargo load's of the AC/DC Pin because of it's Popularity .. But I Hope Yr WRONG !! If I feel my Premium is a Keeper after a couple Mth's , I'll sell 1 of my other Keeper's.. And I like Turkey .. I have No Beef w/ You .. You Just like to Stir tha Pot......

I like beef stew.

#109 12 years ago

Yeah ACDC sold real well here. I have played it for about 6-8 hours. The sound is great, and I did like the look of it but I was not too happy when they didnt include Encore at the end of all the songs. Sure everyone is fired up here about it and they cant wait to pick theirs up on Tues. There will be a national comp here on ACDC along with alot of launch nights. I hope that people like it and more people play pinball because of it.

Lol btw BR, I have you on my desktop so I am a fan lol as for you Jimbo, like Lyman said "Cant we all just get along???"

#110 12 years ago

ACDC is ok. I played it at Pinnburgh. It's just that for $6700-7500 I'm looking to be knocked flat, to be given something I haven't seen before, something new and revolutionary, to see envelopes pushed, boxes thought outside of, etc.

I didn't feel that or see that with ACDC. I did have fun, and thought it was a good time. Music sounded good, though a little flat in the reactivity dept, a little too jukeboxy. Shots and layout feels like a Ritchie, maybe too much. The cannon feels a little stale with the button, all the old gun handle cannons with a trigger feel much better. And asthetically, major problems when you factor in Ritchie's insistence that he had no cost contraints on this game.

The cannon cover? Horrific looking, totally phoned in. Ever see Matt's POTC cannons? I want to see something like that, with a tiny recoil coil effect when shot. I mean, is that unreasonable when you hear the insistence of no cost constaints? Like maybe hire a real artist to do the playfield art? Wireform returns? Wireform anywhere at all? So many things don't add up to Ritchie's statement, as well as what my expectations were for a $7000 2012 pinball machine.

That's not to say it's not a fun machine (I mean it's an ACDC pinball machine!) but for the price, for the hype, etc... I can't say I was impressed. Sorry. RGR may not be saying it diplomatically or eloquently, but I feel where he's coming from.

#111 12 years ago

"Cant we all just get along???"

Yes we can !! But when My Prem- arrives ,, I Will Have a Thread show-n The delivery, Me Opening the Box.. Sett-n It up,, and a Game play.. If I see a Neg- comment from you,, I'm Gonna catch a flight to Sydney, Aust- & Find you...........

#112 12 years ago

BR, we got a meet coming up here with 100 machines. Everyone from Australia and New Zealand will be coming. You are more than welcome to come along. You reckon you can get here in 1 month??

Yeah mechslave I tend to get to the point, so I can understand if people are a little offended by my comments. But given that I really love pinball I am getting tired and frustrated with the games that have been coming out since LOTR.

#113 12 years ago

A Rt-Trip Ticket to Sydney would cost ,, what 2k... I doubt it bro... Would Love to see yr Country tho.

#114 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

A Rt-Trip Ticket to Sydney would cost ,, what 2k... I doubt it bro... Would Love to see yr Country tho.

You sure? Dam a return ticket to LA from Syd is $1150. Mate anytime you wanna come over there are plenty of guys to show you around. We got meet happening all the time. Feel free to join AussieArcade.com.au and have a look around.

#115 12 years ago

If I were You ,i wouldn't talk about Stern 4-a While ,, especially AC?DC ,, Let Us All Get Our's and Play it for a month .. I'm Sure another Thread Will Pop up, with the Good & Bad.. I got 10 or 11 play's on it in Texas,, I liked it , Except for the SDTM from the bell, but a New Post & rubber will take care of that..

#116 12 years ago

Aren't Ya'll Having some Kinda war down there rite now ?

#117 12 years ago

Yeah I did stop talking about it, but then someone replied to this thread... War here??? Not that I know of...

#118 12 years ago

Good !! No war , Awesome ,, Can You even own a Gun Legally in Aust- now ? Pinside need's a Live Chat-box !! I wonder how many Donation's that would Take ..

#119 12 years ago

Hello fellow pinballers. I'm Johnny from Melbourne at the arse end of Australia and for a living I make signs and stickers and do graphics on the computer and whilst I'm sitting here in my shed typing to you the biggish(1360 wide material)printer inside is printing stickers for the Jimmy Little Foundation which was organised by the drummer of The Angels (also boss of JLF). now the Angels are like secondary to ACDC in Australia, sort of like a Pepsi to a Coke. Anyway, they are good. Myself I can't play any instrument but I know ACDC are the best or perhaps Led Zep but I can play pinball and so can my mate Nashy. I have a LTBRLE arriving on the 17th of this month! and since the deposit was paid a month ago I have searched for every bit of info on the web and would like to say you should design a pinny RGR and I can't wait for my Ackadacka pinny(like you BR)

#120 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Good !! No war , Awesome ,, Can You even own a Gun Legally in Aust- now ? Pinside need's a Live Chat-box !! I wonder how many Donation's that would Take ..

Yeah guns are fine to own down here, not sure about semi automatics tho... JC I would love to mate.

#121 12 years ago

During the launch party I attended with some of the top players in the world in attendance noone put up more than 150 million. Your score sounds unlikely, or maybe your game is set up improperly, which could kill the fun of any game.

#122 12 years ago

from what Ive seen the new Ackadacka pinny looks pretty hard and fast. I have a pinball machine already(in the longe room) its a "Shark" by Hankin. We used to love playing it after school but I can play the pinnies pretty fast but I'm worried ACDC may be too quick and sap my confidence. I am determined to get used to it but it seems lately they add new cdroms and stuff so..... here goes....

#123 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Hmmmm yeah my comments might be seen as a bit harsh but for me I would rather there be 0 companies making games rather than these cheap thoughtless games being released that insult all the great pins made before them.

I disagree. I Like a lot of the stern games from the last 10 years. There have been countless mediocre pinballs over the last 50 years. Stern only makes a few a year and are subject to far more scrutiny then games were in decades past.

#124 12 years ago

If you have it on 5 ball no $hit. 450 million has me questioning the whole store, no way! Come up with a better number and I might buy it.

#125 12 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

from what Ive seen the new Ackadacka pinny looks pretty hard and fast. I have a pinball machine already(in the longe room) its a "Shark" by Hankin. We used to love playing it after school but I can play the pinnies pretty fast but I'm worried ACDC may be too quick and sap my confidence. I am determined to get used to it but it seems lately they add new cdroms and stuff so..... here goes....

DirtyDeeds , Glad to hear you have a LTBRLE almost there !! Enjoy it brother , It's a Fun & Fast Pin w/ the Best Rock Music in Pinball History .. B_R

#126 12 years ago

I played 3 games on the pro yesterday.121,540,990.Pretty good I think,got my initials up.Not gonna give a review.Just play it and draw your own conclusions/opinions.Scott

#127 12 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

There's a lot of designer fandom and hype at the moment in pinball, which has risen exponentially in the past 5 years. I think what you're going to see soon is the air deflate out of that balloon and the rumbling for new designers and designs getting louder and louder. I liked T2 and all, but I played it and owned it already. In order to really get new games, with new shots and new ideas, with genuinely ground-breaking designs, you're going to need *new people* doing it. Simple. It's not a popular thing to say or anything, but hey... the job of pinball designers has always been to design a ROI device, and the same guys keep failing at it, year after year after year, and the same guys keep getting another opportunity, and another... That's not to say ACDC and TF and Tron aren't fun and nice updates of T2, LOTR, and FH/Tommy... but speaking for myself, I really want something new and innovative, and I'm kind of over the old All-Star designers re-vamping their favorite layout from the past with a new cool theme, badging it and numbering it, and raising the price out of this world, which narrows the market to soley collectors, a consumer base which cannot sustain the industry forever.

Very well said.

I'm in on JPop's Zombie pin, and I'm hoping that he really tries some new and inventive ideas. I know he says that he wants new blood in the hobby as well.

#128 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

DirtyDeeds , Glad to hear you have a LTBRLE almost there !! Enjoy it brother , It's a Fun & Fast Pin w/ the Best Rock Music in Pinball History .. B_R

Thanks BR, we are nearly there! Looking forward to exchanging notes once we get our pinnies up and running.
Cheers!, Johnny

#129 12 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I really want something new and innovative, and I'm kind of over the old All-Star designers re-vamping their favorite layout from the past with a new cool theme, badging it and numbering it, and raising the price out of this world, which narrows the market to soley collectors, a consumer base which cannot sustain the industry forever.

A consumer base of collectors which cannot and won't sustain the industry forever....at these prices

#130 12 years ago

Still playing the hell outa my LE and loving it! High score somewhere around 150M and that was a killer game. It's fun trying to figure out rules and scoring strategy, but I'm confident a software update is coming that will change a lot of things.

You guys with games on order are in good shape. Loads of fun.

-Craig

#131 12 years ago

Found this Vid- on Y_T .. SR talk-n about AC/DC ...... and 1 of G.Gomez ..

#132 12 years ago

what is "the complete code" ?

2 years later
#133 9 years ago

Reading back over this thread was quite comical. Lol

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Well what can I say, I was giving Stern a chance to attempt to make a decent game but this is the same as all the rest of them. After playing the pro for about 3-4 hours and knocking up a score of 450 mill, I do not have that feeling of wanting to play it again. The game play is deadset boring.

Funniest post ever on pin side

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Funniest post ever on pin side

Lol and became one of the biggest sellers and a very popular game

#136 9 years ago

Wonder if it would have sold so much in the 90s...... or is it cos there was nothing else to buy?

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The game play is deadset boring.

Replace the theme with Rolling Stones then tell me how good it would be ......

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Wonder if it would have sold so much in the 90s...... or is it cos there was nothing else to buy?

I'd still take it over any pin that came out in the 90's. I'd take it over any pin from any decade.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'd still take it over any pin that came out in the 90's. I'd take it over any pin from any decade.

Now you would ... So would I ... But remember when RGR first posted his review he was playing a Pro model on the early basic code.

It sure changed a lot from then ... Especially the LE/Premium code.

I got one of the first Premiums made, and it was pretty basic when I got it. The code updates made it awesome.

rd.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Now you would ... So would I ... But remember when RGR first posted his review he was playing a Pro model on the early basic code.
It sure changed a lot from then ... Especially the LE/Premium code.
I got one of the first Premiums made, and it was pretty basic when I got it. The code updates made it awesome.
rd.

Yes but that wasn't the question. He said he wondered how well it would have sold in the 90's. All things being the same it still would have a ruleset that is better then anything that came out of that era and probably would have held its own.

Aside from that I got my BIBLE after playing a pro just cause the game shot well and the music was great. I didn't know it was gonna turn out as great as it did but since at the time Spider-Man was my favorite game I took a chance on the same team that brought us that.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Couldn't agree more there's no comparison with acdc up against a 90's pinball. More memory for all the tracks better and deeper rules to, and the band was probably bigger in the 90's so they would have sold a heap more RGR has made it clear he isn't a fan of the acdc pinball and Looks like he isn't a huge fan of Stern either but that's cool each to there own.

#142 9 years ago

Sorry I love pinball too much otherwise I would have kept my mouth shut.... But at the same time I am not the only one with complaints... Remember I give praise where praise is due eg: Star Trek. I do enjoy playing that as I do LOTR....

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Sorry I love pinball too much otherwise I would have kept my mouth shut.... But at the same time I am not the only one with complaints... Remember I give praise where praise is due eg: Star Trek. I do enjoy playing that as I do LOTR....

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I have owned a lot of B/W pins top30 stuff and I find the Stern top30 every bit as good. Unlike you, I never could get into LOTR although that's one most others seem to love. Guess we have different tastes.

With my reviews I would put IM and Tron higher than most other Pinsiders.

I can understand how some might dislike acdc or IM or Tron but to me they are about as good as any pins ever.

I have not played acdc pro so I can not give an opinion on that but I suspect I would like it as well.

#144 9 years ago

I'd say, If you don't like even the ac/dc pro version; check your pulse.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I'd say, If you don't like even the ac/dc pro version; check your pulse.

My pulse is fine and I just can't get into it.

I really enjoy IM, FGY and POTC. Oh well.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

My pulse is fine and I just can't get into it.
I really enjoy IM, FGY and POTC. Oh well.

I like these too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-such-high-hopes/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.