Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

This is mostly for the pro, but for the most part, can also be applied to other models:

I usually pick a song where the main shot will return the ball to me, like Rock n Roll Train, Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be, and Warmachine. Those seem safe as the ball returns to the flippers without going out of control.

Highway to Hell sends it to the cannon, which leads to an out of control ball. Hell's Bells is a risky shot. Rosie and Shook Me can lead to uncertain returns.

What seems the worst to pick are TNT, Thunderstruck, Back and Black, and Let There Be Rock. Every time you hit one of those targets, the ball is out of control. Why would you pick those modes over "safer" modes??

Thoughts?

#2 11 years ago

When I have played I usually go for the ramp shot songs. You can hit ramps back and forth pretty well. Lot of games the left ramp you can just hit it up continiously when it returns to the left flipper.
I've actually found the cannon not to be too unruly. Lot of times the ball bounces off the targets and hits the right bank of targets and comes down to the flippers semi regularly. Not completely safe of course, but not too bad. That bell can be deadly without a fatter post sleeve near the entry.

#3 11 years ago

Actually, I've had good luck with TNT. I have the factory default ball save set, actually factory everything. By the time the ball save runs out I can usually knock down 2-3 of the TNT targets then I'm just dealint with 1 dangerous shot. Also, it's a small bank with 2 ends, I can aim for the sides of the targets from the right flipper pretty safely.

What I like about TNT is if I find myself in a multiball, album multiball is helped because those targets are worth more, and jam multiball is helped because after hitting the TNT and the N again all shots score. It might not be the best, but I think it's far from the worst.

Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

What seems the worst to pick are TNT

#4 11 years ago

So maybe a good idea jalpert is to switch to that song right before starting multiball?

#5 11 years ago

You shook me all night long is a good multiball mode as well. Unfortunately I haven't played enough, balls could spend all the time in the world in the pops, but I'm not sure how it score. Ideally the mode selected would have a balance of difficulty and reward. You want to be rewarded as much as possible while taking a reasonable amount of risk.

#6 11 years ago

I've been playing ACDC Pro on route by my house. Currently on a TOPS tournament. This has to be one of the most confusing games I've played in a while. After about 15 games I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around what I'm supposed to be doing.

Sometimes the multiballs start with 2 balls sometimes 3. Sometimes the bell adds-a-ball, sometimes not. Sometimes the orbits light tour multiball sometimes not. And the damn canon, not only does it block your view of the right outlane, it's used wayyyy to much. So much stopping just to shoot the canon for 500k. Waste of time.

The software really needs a lot of work and the DMD graphics and instructions are really lacking. Disappointing coming from Lyman, but hopefully future code updates will improve it.

#7 11 years ago

Just set mine up. Lots of side drains off the cannon shots. 122 million before my 20th game. Never played before. I probably have less than 10 games with that score on Tron which I've been playing since last summer. I don't know any strategy yet except shoot the flashing lights!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from TavaLee:

I probably have less than 10 games with that score on Tron which I've been playing since last summer.

Scoring between different games is totally irrelevant...

I wish they'd finish the rules properly first, otherwise people are just praying they get better, Stern seems to be rushing games out the door..

#9 11 years ago

Plunge ball
Tap feet to the beat
Hang on for dear life

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

proscript said:I probably have less than 10 games with that score on Tron which I've been playing since last summer.
I wish they'd finish the rules properly first, otherwise people are just praying they get better, Stern seems to be rushing games out the door..

While I agree with this I think if you are considering buying a NIB Stern you have to accept the fact that you are buying a game that isnt quite finished yet. I'm fine with it since it took many updates to get SM to where it is today. As long as they dont pull a WOF and just forget about a game I'm not sure there is any reason to complain knowing Stern's track record when it comes to game code.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Plunge ball
Tap feet to the beat
Hang on for dear life

Lol pretty accurate analysis if you ask me.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

NY2Colorado said:Plunge ball
Tap feet to the beat
Hang on for dear life
Lol pretty accurate analysis if you ask me.

thats right on!!

first time yesterday I heard (after a few crappy games) "Back for more TORTURE HaHaHaHha"

#13 11 years ago

What I understand so far is that you have to hit the shot that corresponds to the song you select first, if you really want to score. So, if you pick Rock and Roll train, hit the left ramp. Then you can shoot the lit white arrows. By doing it in that order, all the white arrows will add to the jackpot value which can be collected at the cannon. It's often a good strategy to avoid the cannon ramp until you've built a sizable jackpot.

If you start shooting other shots before shooting the initial shot of the song you selected, i.e., you pick Rock and Roll train, but are hitting shots other than the left ramp, it won't build a jackpot value. Hope this clarifies things.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I don't agree with this. I find that the Stern games I am familiar with(5-6 games) have similar scoring ranges and are designed that way(IMO).

#15 11 years ago

Looking for suggestions. My NIB AC/DC Premium has these issues so far:

1. Not loading cannon. Read about replacing with a larger washer. Any new ideas. I'll give that a try as it seems sensible.

2. Keeps throwing left flipper rubber. Read about hair spray. Anything else to try?

Thanks Pinsiders.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from TavaLee:

I don't agree with this. I find that the Stern games I am familiar with(5-6 games) have similar scoring ranges and are designed that way(IMO).

Yes, some games may be similar, I just meant as a general rule for all pinballs as a whole...

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Plunge ball
Tap feet to the beat
Hang on for dear life

right on!!!

#18 11 years ago

Proscript, just replace the rubber, it's less than $1.

If your ramp is too low you need to make sure it's sitting above the washer or possibly lower the cannon.

Hairspray? Yah, no.

2 weeks later
#19 11 years ago

What's the best way to know how many songs you have completed??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-strategy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.