Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Are AC/DC's showing up on locations yet?

We're expecting to have an AC/DC pro at the local arcade (Lanes & Games in Cambridge MA). The owner is apparently getting the premium when it comes out, but he just couldn't wait (or had a really good offer for the lousy* TZ it's replacing and had to hurry), so apparently we're going to have an AC/DC pro this friday until april when the prem. comes in. The monthly tourny is friday though!

Help me out here, what the hell do i shoot on AC/DC? What are some of the basic rules for it? Please tell me I don't have to compete for money based only on the rule card....

#3 12 years ago

That's basically what the rule card says, though.

It doesn't really tell you what to go for, or where the points come from.

#4 12 years ago

Strategy I use is start with RockNRoll Train. Shot left ramp (RockNRoll Train Bonus) back handed to light Jam Multiball. Shoot all the loop shots to get ready to stack Tour Multiball. Shoot right ramp to start Jam then immediately follow with Tour Multiball.

#5 12 years ago

My best is 158 m 3 ball. Ball control is key! Dont just flail away. It will eat your lunch. Learn to back hand the ramps especially right. Load that canon. Do not shoot tnt or bell without ball save or muliball going. Dont do it!

Rules were deeper then i expected. Pick a song. I love Rosie. Some songs score better then others. Then target that song in the begining. This lights all 6 notes.

GO for ramp loop combos.

Be ready to bump the machine any time the ball goes near an outlane.

Post your score. I love this pin. Its like a rock concert in box.
    Good luck.

#6 12 years ago

5 left ramps, Jam MB, 5-6 right loops tour MB. Hit all album targets for Album MB. THe bell shot is fine since the rubbers on the bell lane with throw the ball to the right. Hit the bell 3-4 times for 2x multiplier, and again for 3x. Best to set this up in the Hells Bells song selection then get any MB and continue to shoot for the bell. Once you shot the designated shot for the song choice the jukebox will be lit again. No idea why some of the songs are lit and other arent.. Theres no way to figure out which songs have been completed. Standard Stern. Any I would do them in order from Top left to bottom right. Being the experienced pinball designers that they are, when you complete the last song, thats it. No encore wizard mode that was mentioned in the instructional video by SR. You will just stay on the last song.

All the songs are pretty much the same. Start a song and shoot a shot over and over and over. The same shot... wow what fun.

Some safe shots are backhanding the left loop as most if not all times this will go into the jets. Once it comes out of the jets you can live catch it. Backhanding the left right is easy as well, lol 3 year olds can do it. Doing this over and over will lit MB.

LOL thats it. Just start a song, get MB. The cannon when loaded will lit a shot that will award a jackpot value...

#7 12 years ago

SR said a new update is coming out next week. Its only going to get better. Fun fast and challenging players machine.

#8 12 years ago

Hmm not sure that its a players machine since it is not challenging enough. For the general public though I believe they will like it.

#9 12 years ago

Well, they put it on location a day early! Hell ya!

I noticed how easy it was to backhand the ramps - i'd even go so far as to say NEVER SHOOT THE RAMP FROM THE OPPOSITE FLIPPER. Missed ramp shots that don't make it up the ramp are safe. Missed ramp shots that hit the sides leave you with an out of control ball.

Like most Ritchie games, the center drain isn't very scary, just don't be an idiot around the center and you're fine. The outlanes on the other hand are wide enough to drive an 18-wheeler through sideways (and they're open all the way at L&G - usually he has some mercy with the outlane settings, our IM is set on easy, Tron on medium) - again, normal Ritchie. I like Borg outlanes better.

For the first time in a while, it's actually possible to get an extra ball through normal play - and not even terribly hard.

Ball control is vital, though, definitely. Those slingshots try very hard to send the ball into the drain. Hells Bell itself isn't that dangerous, as it rolls out clean and hits the right flipper such that you can bounce it over to the left and sometimes even catch it, but when it's coming out of the jets down the hells bell lane, it's more dangerous, because that springy thing causes it to hit that rubber at the bottom of the lane, and bounce more to the right, sometimes into the slingshot (and from there, it's liable to drain). The targets on the sides are suicide - actually, none of the targets seem safe to shoot.

That makes the best songs highway to hell, rock and roll train and the left orbit one (if it loops around all the way, it's nice and safe, if it goes into the jets, it's a little dicier, because of the springy thing, with the two jet ones a close second, while the target ones are suicide, and thunderstruck is crap both because it's suicide, and because there's only one target lit at a time.

I'm left with one major question:

What do you shoot to get points during the multiballs? How does multiball scoring work?

#10 12 years ago

I had to close the outlanes down for longer game play. Also increase rudeness level to high. He tells you that u suck.

As for mutiball. I hit bell initially for double points and selected song to light super targets. Those flashing notes are the jackpots and album art work (Which looks great by the way) There is also add a ball on certain multiballs. Not sure exactly what triggers it. Red horn inserts? I just really try not to loose the balls.

Good luck. What was your high score?

#11 12 years ago

How does double/triple scoring work? I see the inserts, but I don't know how to light them.

Got to 76m on my best game.

#12 12 years ago

AC/DC pro is on location at Gable House Bowl in torrance CA. Vic has the high score around 153k
    www.gablehousebowl.com

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

» YouTube video
    My best is 158 m 3 ball. Ball control is key! Dont just flail away. It will eat your lunch. Learn to back hand the ramps especially right. Load that canon. Do not shoot tnt or bell without ball save or muliball going. Dont do it!
    Rules were deeper then i expected. Pick a song. I love Rosie. Some songs score better then others. Then target that song in the begining. This lights all 6 notes.
    GO for ramp loop combos.
    Be ready to bump the machine any time the ball goes near an outlane.
    Post your score. I love this pin. Its like a rock concert in box.
    Good luck.

That rocks. Your son plays better than some adults I know. Love that he can head bang and keep the ball alive. He sure loves AC DC. Keep promoting the new players. I can't get my teenager to play more than about 4 games in a row then he is done and bored.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

Are AC/DC's showing up on locations yet?
    We're expecting to have an AC/DC pro at the local arcade (Lanes & Games in Cambridge MA). The owner is apparently getting the premium when it comes out, but he just couldn't wait (or had a really good offer for the lousy* TZ it's replacing and had to hurry), so apparently we're going to have an AC/DC pro this friday until april when the prem. comes in. The monthly tourny is friday though!
    Help me out here, what the hell do i shoot on AC/DC? What are some of the basic rules for it? Please tell me I don't have to compete for money based only on the rule card....

There's one at my local place. A good strategy for a launch party is to just keep back handing the right ramp but don't shoot the cannon unless you have a 1M+ jackpot on it. It's not worth it for the ~250k values and, at least on ours, if you don't fire the cannon it will automatically shoot it back up the right ramp. Enough left/right ramps will start jam multiball. Use jam to hit other stuff, like the center standups, bell, orbits. Back-handing the ramps is much safer than fore-handing.

Not sure what the best song is to pick at the start of the game.

#15 12 years ago

I have no profanity suitably strong to express my dissatisfaction with my tourney performance.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

I have no profanity suitably strong to express my dissatisfaction with my tourney performance.

I got third to last.

1 week later
    #17 12 years ago

Any software updates on the rules yet? Still tempted but want to see updates.

Is each of the 12 songs like a mode so you have to complete any song and can start the game on any song?

#18 12 years ago

What is the deal with the plunger? Is it really needed since pressing the button launches the ball just the same? And is the skill shot really this lame or am I just not seeing a super skill shot?

#19 12 years ago

They just came out with large update v1.4. Im in Costa Rica until Tues. Ill update ASAP. There is super skill but I havent figured it out. Maybe hold a flipper button on launch?

Just get it. If you have been a collector for a while, you will like it alot. I have 4 pins. Now none of my other pins get played. The Pro with shaker is a great value. I use Flipper Fidelity for my NIB Sterns. Very professional.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any software updates on the rules yet? Still tempted but want to see updates.
    Is each of the 12 songs like a mode so you have to complete any song and can start the game on any song?

#20 12 years ago

Hold the right flipper button down at launch, when it hits the 'jukebox' hole, it will promptly eject and rocket to the right around the loop. Flip to one of the ramps to get the super skill shot.

It's pretty dangerous, but I can't resist the temptation every time.

4 months later
    #21 11 years ago

If you hit the same ramp over and over like when you backhand highway or rock and roll, do you get any combo points or do you have to go from one to the other?

#22 11 years ago

one to the other, includes loops

#23 11 years ago

From my own expierence and from watching KME utterly destroy my game it's important to select certain songs at certain to times in the game. If you really want to get a huge score you'll also want to do a little research on the order of which albums were released.

1st tip. Pick songs with safe shots. (train, war machine, shook me, H2H, Rosie) are all songs with very safe shots.

Even though it's a much riskier shot I sometimes start a game with Hells Bells as you can really build up a high song jackpot (which is important) before getting into your 1st round of multiballs.

Once you have Tour or Album MB ready and have a good song jackpot built up try n switch the song to Rosie or TNT. Both are early in the progression and you can score a huge extra song jackpot if you collect their jackpot while in the multiball and it won't reset as it does when you shoot the cannon to collect your Song Jackpot. Also important to mix in some well timed bell shots to get the multiplier running before you collect it. Can't stress how important this is as you can score 2-3 100mil plus Song jackpots in one multiball with some well timed shots to the bell and by choosing the correct song before going into tour/album MB.

Also if you have your jackpot built up big be sure to stack them together. If album is already lit start working on your outer loops in order to get your lit too. Only way to get the triple collect is to have them stacked.

It is tough to track the jackpots while in these modes cause its virtually impossible to look up at the DMD while playing but if you can select a later released song the 2nd time you get into album it will be possible to get another song jackpot collect.

This game is the most fun by far of all the games I've ever owned. Watching KME play the other day I just kept shaking my head and almost felt the rush of playing just watching him play and passing up Song jackpot after Song Jackpot trying to build it up even higher.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me and I'll do the best I can to answer.

#24 11 years ago

Out of interest, what score did Keith get on your machine?

Dave.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Out of interest, what score did Keith get on your machine?
    Dave.

1.66 billion.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

1.66 billion.

AWESOME SCORE

#27 11 years ago

Thanks heaps smassa, this unusual machine has more than first meets the eye. I'll try to have a good game using your tips while doing everything in chronological order and see what happens. Thanks

#28 11 years ago

1.66billion OMG!

#29 11 years ago

Great tips, smassa! Thanks for posting.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Thanks heaps smassa, this unusual machine has more than first meets the eye. I'll try to have a good game using your tips while doing everything in chronological order and see what happens. Thanks

Get good at the bell shot both from the cannon and both flippers. It's actually best to not shoot it straight on if possible but to kinda rattle it off the metal guide. I know that seems hard to do while playing since its such a tight fast shot but you rarely get a SDTM drain like you can on a straight shot to the bell.

My first shots during multiball are always to the bell especially while ball save is running. Get 2x and start to collect jackpots and mix in shots to the bell to eventually get 3x. Also important to watch the insert cause it will start to flash fast before the 2x/3x is going to time out. A well timed shot to the bell will reset your timer. I had a game where I almost had 2x or 3x running the entire time during my MB's

#31 11 years ago

Gotcha. Any tips on organising your jackpots? After the heart pounding risks of building a song jackpot as high as I dare then deciding to cash it in with hopefully a 2x or 3x running I load the canon only to be offered one or two of the smaller jackpots. They seem to get in the way.

#32 11 years ago

I'd ignore those and take those shots to the bell. Like I said above Rosie & TnT are good for your 1st album/tour MB's. Back in Black seems to be a middle of the road song.

#33 11 years ago

Ok. Its time to get out of bed, make a cuppa and flick that switch.. .

#34 11 years ago

Will try out some of these tips on Monday. TY's

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-strategies-basic-rules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.