Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by AbacusMan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BSDC.jpg
    charitypinball039.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Forgive me if I am wrong and please correct me if I missed something, maybe I was not looking hard enough.

Stopped by Pinball Hall of Fame today and Played the AC/DC there. I belive its the pro with the lower pf.

First off AC/DC is a awesome game. Way to go Stern. Glad to see were heading in the right direction.

My complaint is.... Where the hell is Bon Scott. Being a AC/DC fan for as long as I have been alive, Bon Scott was the reason they are who they are.

All albums up to Highway To Hell is Bon Scott. And most of Back and Black was already written by Bon and AC/DC. Maybe not all the lyrics but the music was. Brian did write some great lyrics on that album.

Why would you not have Bon on the game. I bet marketing did not want to confuse the ignorannt public by seeing 2 lead singers. But come on, use his music on the game but not him?

I know this may have been covered in some other posts and if I am wrong please correct me.

#5 11 years ago

I can understand why they did it now but its still not right.

Reading Brian Johnsons book and if you watch the interview on "That Metal Show" Brian still understands Bon's influence on the band and always encorages references to Bon.

Personally I think Stern's knowledge and understanding of AC/DC and its fans were lacking and they played it safe.

You could put Bon on it and it I bet 100% Brian would approve, I bet he even balked at why Bon was not on it.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigian:

I think you've answered your own question with the 'confusing' bit.
    I agree Bon was larger than life for the 5 and half years he was with Ac/Dc but Brian Johnson has been their lead singer for nearly 32 years now..
    Also if you put Bon in what about Dave Evans ? Or for that matter Mark Evans, Phil Rudd, Simon Wright, Chris Slade etc etc... ?
    I think its a matter of AC/DC the brand rather than the group, a lot of fans won't even know what Bon looked like or who he was. A lot of the new fans will have heard their music in the likes of Iron Man.
    BTW. First concert I went to was AC/DC in Dublin, Ireland in about 1981 or 1982 (For those about to rock tour)

Drummers are a different breed when it comes to branding. No disrepect but a singer is a branding and sound to the band, with the exception of drummers like Neal Peart, etc.

The first 5 members and Brian Johnson are the only real members of AC/DC. The others are hired guns.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

yes, BAND decision
    NOT Stern decision

Well then I apologize to Stern and shame on AC/DC. Include the music but not even a cameo of Bon somewhere hidden?

Shame on AC/DC for being so corporate!

#47 11 years ago

Some of you missed the point some of you nailed it.

AC/DC was Bons creation and he wrote all the great songs with the exception of a few in the 80's.
    He was the sound of AC/DC before he died. He was not replaced by choice like in Iron Maiden where Paul was replaced by Bruce.

If someone is replaced in a band its for a reason, usually they suck. AC/DC had no choice and they were fortunate to find Brian. Brian has even said it was Bons band and still is in some respect.

So basically youre saying if Apple had a pinball machine it would be the current CEO on it and not Steve Jobs.

Length of time in service should have no bearing on who is credited.

Regardless of anything a picture of Bon in the crowd of people on a plastic was all that was needed.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from grh450:

GOOD point! (5 songs)

Wrong, paying homage is not using songs with the player thinking its Brian. Thats just wrong.

#66 11 years ago

Its a great game and great songs. Bon and Brian both rock regardless of whats on the pin.

Everyone is right on this thread there really is no right or wrong.

Gomez and RItchie are hitting home runs. Hope the next big title is as good.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Ahem, Borg and Ritchie are hitting home runs

Just meant in general at Stern...

Pretty cool Stern recruited some talent. Like JJP.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-stern-shame-on-you?tu=slate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.