7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by AbacusMan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BSDC.jpg
    charitypinball039.jpg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

I think the point is that it was AC/DC's dicision to handle the situation how it was dealt with. I can appreciate both sides of the argument but this is one of those issues that isn't going to make everyone happy, no matter what they do.

Quoted from Slate:

Some of you missed the point some of you nailed it.

AC/DC was Bons creation and he wrote all the great songs with the exception of a few in the 80's.
    He was the sound of AC/DC before he died. He was not replaced by choice like in Iron Maiden where Paul was replaced by Bruce.

If someone is replaced in a band its for a reason, usually they suck. AC/DC had no choice and they were fortunate to find Brian. Brian has even said it was Bons band and still is in some respect.

So basically youre saying if Apple had a pinball machine it would be the current CEO on it and not Steve Jobs.

Length of time in service should have no bearing on who is credited.

Regardless of anything a picture of Bon in the crowd of people on a plastic was all that was needed.

#52 7 years ago

I can't wait till they make a new Kiss machine so I can sit back and applaud leaving out Ace & Peter for Eric Singer & Tommy Thayer.

#53 7 years ago

Arnel Pineda?

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Slate:

I know this may have been covered in some other posts and if I am wrong please correct me.

This has been covered. You are wrong. You stand corrected.

*And remember folks, just say "NO" to pointless threads*

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from robbiev:

ACDC was Bons baby...they could have at the very least put something in there to pay homage to the guy…he was a tough act to follow for Brain…he has been living in Bons Shadow for 30 years!

My suggestion was Vomit multiball. You hit all the booze standups (you have to hit a lot of them). At that point Bon passes out and starts to choke on his own barf. But instead of ripping off Funhouse, in Vomit multi, the giant Bon head is a bash target. You shoot the back of Bon's head to "smack" him back to life and prevent him from suffocating. The catch is the mode can't actually be won.

Or, they could include some of Bon's songs as part of the audio, which they did.

#56 7 years ago

A couple of facts.
    AC/DC is and always was Malcolm's band, before anyone including Angus.
    Bon Scott died from a mix of alcohol and hypothermia - being left in a car all on a freezing
    London night. No vomit involved.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Bon Scott died from a mix of alcohol and hypothermia - being left in a car all on a freezing
    London night. No vomit involved.

Better tell his death certificate that.

#58 7 years ago

Better tell his death certificate that.

See below:
    I had posted a pic of the certificate but thought better of it. You can google it yourself

#59 7 years ago

Yes, I see you posted a pic of a death cert that doesn't list the "fact" you posted aboot hypothermia.
    What was your point?

#60 7 years ago

You brought up the certificate. What was your point?

#61 7 years ago

You said it was a fact he died of hypothermia.
    I disagree with this being a "fact"
    You posted a death Cert. that doesn't claim it as a fact.

I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest or anything but I don't it's regarded as a fact is all.

#62 7 years ago

I think you are right. My couple of facts were meant to be AC/DC is Malcolm's band and there is no evidence Bon choked on his vomit. While the general belief here is he died from being left outdoors in a car on a winters night hypothermia while being a word often used is not proven either.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I think you are right. My couple of facts were meant to be AC/DC is Malcolm's band and there is no evidence Bon choked on his vomit. .

ahhh...gotcha...my fault.

Can we at least agree that since everyone, sans the drummer, isn't from Australia that they are not an Aussie band?

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Can we at least agree that since everyone, sans the drummer, isn't from Australia that they are not an Aussie band?

No worries. Whilst they certainly evolved from Australia they would probably now be classed as a 'world band'
    Not sure what they themselves would say?
    Re the topic- I read it was the bands decision to only include current band members in the artwork
    but I guess they had to include some songs from the Bon era because they are just too good to omit?

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

ahhh...gotcha...my fault.

#66 7 years ago

Its a great game and great songs. Bon and Brian both rock regardless of whats on the pin.

Everyone is right on this thread there really is no right or wrong.

Gomez and RItchie are hitting home runs. Hope the next big title is as good.

#67 7 years ago

Ahem, Borg and Ritchie are hitting home runs

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Ahem, Borg and Ritchie are hitting home runs

Just meant in general at Stern...

Pretty cool Stern recruited some talent. Like JJP.

#69 7 years ago

I like both Bon and Brain. Both are very diffrent and I really love some of Brain's songs, I just think when Brain sings a Bon song, it just doesn't come off right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 16.95
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 11.95
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside