ACDC Song Request: Shoot To Thrill

By Rob_G

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

There's probably a lot of people who wish this song was in the game. I know it can be manually replaced with pinball browser, but honestly I'd love to see an official update add this song somehow. The question is, where would it be placed? If enough requests were made, would stern/Lyman even consider it? It just seems like a great song for this game...

What if multiball played this song? I would not mind the music change, like what happens on MET already. Even just make it a user settable option.

I know, wishful thinking of course

Rob

#2 9 years ago

I have not tried changing the songs yet, but would like to. I saw the most popular one listed removed War Machine, Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be and Let there be Rock and replaced them with Shoot to Thrill, Girls got Rythm and Dirty Deeds.

Does anybody have this updated for the 1.68 code that they can share with me?

Thanks
kris

#3 9 years ago

Two thumbs up for Shoot to Thrill!

#4 9 years ago

Replaced Let there be Rock with shoot to thrill. Got the jukebox card to match the changed song. Much better. Shoot to Thrill is one of their best songs.Left other songs alone as they fit the modes and DMD displays.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Does anybody have this updated for the 1.68 code that they can share with me?
kris

ditto here. I would love to have this too. I'm not computer savvy enough to figure out how to do it. If anyone could PM me on this it would be greatly appreciated!

#6 9 years ago

I have not updated software because I do not want to loose the replacement songs

#7 9 years ago

Yes I totally agree on this one. It should also be on Iron Man.

#8 9 years ago

Ballbreaker is my vote. A little newer song that would fit the game well.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Yes I totally agree on this one. It should also be on Iron Man.

I had put in ''shoot to thrill'' to start during war machine multiball in Iron Man...'' was pretty cool.

#10 9 years ago

One would think "SHOOT to Thrill' would be a no-brainier in a pinball machine...

#11 9 years ago

OK, replaced the code with the 3 new songs and much much happier with the game now.

War Machine -> Girls got Rhythm
Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be -> Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Let There Be Rock-> Shoot to Thrill

Live Encore Song -> Long way to the Top

So the difficulty in making the change is 4 fold,

#1 New song has to fit into the same time duration as the old song
#2 Song has to fit into the theme of the old song
#3 Song Title has to fit into the Jukebox light hole slot
#4 Song loop during the song select has to be the same length.

So how do they rate in these 4 areas

#1 Perfect, I have heard 2 of the songs from start to finish and they end at the right time and there's no delay in restarting don't know on the third one yet
#2 So-So. Probably should have put Shoot to Thrill into War Machine and something with Rock in the Title for the rock targets. I would like to replace Rock and Roll Train as well, but there is no other ACDC song that would tie into the large train.
#3 Two perfectly fit into the cut out slots, Girls got Rhythm is a little long.
#4 This is the least important to me of all of the other criteria which is good because none of the loops work very well. Dirty Deeds almost works but is a split second off. Girls got Rhythym cuts off mid lyric.

One thing I never noticed is how "Let there be Rock" is so frequently played as the end of game music or enter your initials music, but I definitively notice now that it's Shoot to Thrill.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

5 Fold

The new titles probably don't align correctly on Album Multi-ball or Tour Multi-ball where the jackpots are doubled if the song you are playing premiered on that album or tour.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

5 Fold
The new titles probably don't align correctly on Album Multi-ball or Tour Multi-ball where the jackpots are doubled if the song you are playing premiered on that album or tour.

I can appreciate the little nuances like these rules, but how are 99% of players supposed to figure this stuff out (on their own)? I just shoot what's lit and hope I score decent points...

Rob

#15 9 years ago

I replaced

-LTBR with Shoot to Thrill
-Hell ain't a bad place with Have a Drink on me (I figure it fits since "Forget about the cheque we'll get Hell to pay...)
-War Machine with "The Mob Rules" (Sabbath)
-RNR Train with 'Nightrain' (GNR)
-Rosie with 'You could be mine" (GNR)

couldn't be happier except, maybe I miss 'Rosie' somewhat.

#16 9 years ago

I've got a Shoot to thrill, Dirty Deeds and Girls got rhythm version and

Another file with

Thunder Road
Born to Run
Hit me with your best shot
Sweet Home Alabama
Don't look back
Just what I needed
Satisfaction
TNT
H2H
BIB
We will rock you
All summer long

#17 9 years ago

I'd love Mustang code with Mustang Sally in place of the beach boys!!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Purchased a new jukebox plastic insert with the changes here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-acdc-jukebox-hell-yes

Thanks for the link and happy to help.
I have lost count now, but have helped at least 30 people with files and Juke plastics.
This is one of Sterns best games and should be as great as each individual person wants it to be.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

OK, replaced the code with the 3 new songs and much much happier with the game now.
War Machine -> Girls got Rhythm
Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be -> Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Let There Be Rock-> Shoot to Thrill
Live Encore Song -> Long way to the Top
#1 New song has to fit into the same time duration as the old song
#2 Song has to fit into the theme of the old song
#3 Song Title has to fit into the Jukebox light hole slot
#4 Song loop during the song select has to be the same length.
So how do they rate in these 4 areas
#1 Perfect, I have heard 2 of the songs from start to finish and they end at the right time and there's not delay in restarting don't know on the third one yet
#2 So-So. Probably should have put Shoot to Thrill into War Machine and something with Rock in the Title for the rock targets. I would like to replace Rock and Roll Train as well, but there is no other ACDC song that would tie into the large train.
#3 Two perfectly fit into the cut out slots, Girls got Rhythm is a little long.
#4 This is the least important to me of all of the other criteria which is good because none of the loops work very well. Dirty Deeds almost works but is a split second off. Girls got Rhythym cuts off mid lyric.
One thing I never noticed is how "Let there be Rock" is so frequently played as the end of game music or enter your initials music, but I definitively notice now that it's Shoot to Thrill.

Did you get help with it from Arcade? If so he is my brother and we worked on that song selections knowing those were the three most glaring songs absent in our oppinion. Then we tried our best to match the length to the song title for the jukebox plastic as well as the duration for the song loop. If it is ours you are running I made the song repeat untill it ran out of time so if you are having a hell of great ball on one of those songs you might hear a seamless tranistion then it wil cut off and start again as the original song length is hard coded into the game.

If you get a spinner decal from Aurich for his Helen art the Girls Got Rhythym shot makes more sense. I just wish I knew how to change the graphics on the screen to fit it better than the bomber graphic they used.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I would like that better as well. Although I do like the Beach Boys

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There's probably a lot of people who wish this song was in the game. I know it can be manually replaced with pinball browser, but honestly I'd love to see an official update add this song somehow. The question is, where would it be placed? If enough requests were made, would stern/Lyman even consider it? It just seems like a great song for this game...
What if multiball played this song? I would not mind the music change, like what happens on MET already. Even just make it a user settable option.
I know, wishful thinking of course
Rob

I should have multi quoted this thread. Oops. Anyway I'm pretty sure this has been discussed and Stern has no interest in changing the songs. I believe AC/DC picked those songs beacuse they wanted to span a lot of their albums. I don't understand that logic as Dirty Deeds album was skipped all together with the song selections that were made. I do understand not putting 4 songs from the Back In Black album but Shoot To Thrill is one of my all time favorites and had to be put on!

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I should have multi quoted this thread. Oops. Anyway I'm pretty sure this has been discussed and Stern has no interest in changing the songs. I believe AC/DC picked those songs beacuse they wanted to span a lot of their albums. I don't understand that logic as Dirty Deeds album was skipped all together with the song selections that were made. I do understand not putting 4 songs from the Back In Black album but Shoot To Thrill is one of my all time favorites and had to be put on!

I don't think they need to change anything, just add one more song by request. But I think you are right they have no interest in doing this and it would probably interfere with the design intentions too much. I'll be happy if the cannon inserts actually mean something some day... but that's another thread..

Rob

#23 9 years ago

Leon aka Arcade and his brother do great job!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Leon aka Arcade and his brother do great job!

Much appreciated sir

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Isn't it Jan and Dean not the Beach Boys?

Also on changing the song, the DMD still shows the old song title right?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Isn't it Jan and Dean not the Beach Boys?
Also on changing the song, the DMD still shows the old song title right?

Yes. But it is easy to change the text on the DMD to match the song.
What is complicated is changing animations.

#27 9 years ago

Cool, I didn't know you could change the text on the DMD.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Cool, I didn't know you could change the text on the DMD.

Yes. But you are mostly limited to the amount of letters that Stern originally used.
You can always go less and sometimes can extend a few letters, but you can't go crazy with it.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Yes. But you are mostly limited to the amount of letters that Stern originally used.
You can always go less and sometimes can extend a few letters, but you can't go crazy with it.

Another reason to make sure song titles are about the same length or shorter. The jukebox plastic is but one reason for it.

#30 9 years ago

I changed to
WAR PIGS- Sabbath (war machine)
TRAIN KEPT A ROLLIN'- Aerosmith (rock and roll train)
ROCK FOREVER- Judas Priest (let there be rock)
SWEATING BULLETS- Megadeth (back in black)
RIFF RAFF-AC/DC- (you shook me)

And you can change song to repeat,etc. to fill gaps if not long enough and such.
Also, you can change song titles,to ADD more text,if needed

#31 9 years ago

When changing the songs what happens to the tracks on the radio?

#32 9 years ago

Important to know that the song played at the end of game after the match sequence is a part of ltbr or what ever song you put in its place, this can not be adjusted.

So I had a song Painkiller in its place by Judas Priest and just didn't fit with it being an AcDc pin to hear this song every time, so I switched to shoot to thrill much better for this song clip.

Also like to thank Arcade for all his help.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

When changing the songs what happens to the tracks on the radio?

The radio tracks change as well on the FM band.
But you can go in and change all the live versions on the AM band and it will not effect the game at all.

#35 9 years ago

How do you get to the radio in the first place?

#36 9 years ago

Hold down the right flipper button in attract mode if you have it enabled in the menu. Also I just figured out that pushing the fire button changes the band to AM for live songs. Very Cool

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Also I just figured out that pushing the fire button changes the band to AM for live songs. Very Cool

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't think they need to change anything, just add one more song by request. But I think you are right they have no interest in doing this and it would probably interfere with the design intentions too much. I'll be happy if the cannon inserts actually mean something some day... but that's another thread..
Rob

Software wise, the game is a masterpiece. Perhaps Lyman decided that his time was better spent adding fun things that the designer didn't consider (like VIP pass) rather than code for useless inserts the designer added. This complaint borderlines on silly in my opinion. I don't think a new song is coming. Acdc software is probably considered done by stern (as well as most satisfied owners) with future updates coming from Lyman in his spare time or not at all.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Its not the Beach Boys its Jan and Dean.

Jan and Dean rock!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-song-request-shoot-to-thrill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.