New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 75206)

AC/DC Song list suggestions

By VolunteerPin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by VolunteerPin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm looking to change a few of the songs on my AC/DC. Before I get to the technical aspects of that and using the Pinball Browser program which I just downloaded, I'm looking for some suggestions on which songs to use.

I'm sure I want to use Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap but am unsure of the other 2 I want to use (may switch out 3).

Other songs I'm considering are:

Big Balls (just because of "balls" in pinball)
Givin' the Dog a Bone
Rock-n-Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

I would like to hear other suggestions by folks who have switched out songs. I would like the new songs to be relatively family friendly or not about hell (tall order with AC/DC, I know!)

Thanks,

Darin

#2 6 years ago

Which 3 do you want to lose?

#3 6 years ago

For the sake of my kids, the ones with "Hell" in the title. They have precious little consciences.

#4 6 years ago

You sure Dirty Deeds is a kids friendly song? Just sayin'.

#5 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure Giving the Dog a Bone is all about oral sex, so not sure you want to use that one. Maybe Money Talks or Shoot to Thrill?

#6 6 years ago

Shoot to Thrill
Girls Got Rhythm
Dirty Deeds

Replaced War Machine, LTBR and can't remember the other one off top of my head

Tough to replace Highway to Hell an Hells Bells, two great songs that are integrated so well into the pin.

Hard to get rid of the lower play field with the devil look. Tell those kids they are talking about a real town in Grand Caymen named "Hell".

#7 6 years ago

Who Made Who
Dirty Deeds
It's a Long way to the top

#9 6 years ago

If you want blood!

#10 6 years ago

Mistress for Christmas?

#11 6 years ago

Dirty Deeds
Shoot To Thrill
Big Balls

Those are the immediately 3 that come to mind.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You sure Dirty Deeds is a kids friendly song? Just sayin'.

LOL, yeah, it's all relative. They play COD: Ghosts (local multiplayer mostly) so I'm not against them sniping and shooting stuff.

#13 6 years ago

I'm still mulling this over. Anyone put in Ozzy's Crazy Train for the train shot? I know it's not AC/DC but it seems like it would fit great.

#14 6 years ago

Money Talks
Shoot to Thrill
Ozzy - Crazy Train
Dirty Deeds
Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

I think the above songs...all or just some of them may be added to my song list at some point.

#15 6 years ago

I haven't changed any songs on my ACDC ( love it the way it is ) but I know of someone who changed out a song and put Heatseeker in there . Not sure which song he changed it out for .

Some other songs which you may want to consider are :

- D.T.
- Chase the Ace

They are both from the Who made Who album . They are both instrumentals which would fit in well with playing pinball .

#16 6 years ago

Big Balls family friendly as well? I have said from day one that I think that song should be in the game in some aspect, given the "balls" in it. I would like to see it in the wizard mode, instead of that horrid live song.

Although there are better songs than some that they have done, they all work for this game, and removing some, such as the weakest Runaway Train, removes the purpose of the toy/whatever associated to it.

I'm pretty happy with the package as is, just would like 2.0 to come out, but given how close to done I is, and how many other machines are getting updates, I fear that is never going to happen.

#17 6 years ago

Shot down in flames!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Big Balls family friendly as well? I have said from day one that I think that song should be in the game in some aspect, given the "balls" in it. I would like to see it in the wizard mode, instead of that horrid live song.
Although there are better songs than some that they have done, they all work for this game, and removing some, such as the weakest Runaway Train, removes the purpose of the toy/whatever associated to it.
I'm pretty happy with the package as is, just would like 2.0 to come out, but given how close to done I is, and how many other machines are getting updates, I fear that is never going to happen.

Yeah, ain't no way I'm putting it in there. Just wish I could.

#19 6 years ago

Trying to get started on this and notice there seem to be more than one sound request per song. Maybe I'm not interpreting things correctly. If that is the case, does someone have a list of which sound request corresponds to which song during the gameplay?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Trying to get started on this and notice there seem to be more than one sound request per song. Maybe I'm not interpreting things correctly.

Yes, the same "sound fragment" can be used in multiple "sound requests"; More info about "sound requests" and "sound fragments" here

Quoted from VolunteerPin:

does someone have a list of which sound request corresponds to which song during the gameplay?

This is not exactly what you are asking for, but have a look at the 'Bookmark' section in the Pinball Browser OP and the ACD165LE.DAT file here

[EDIT] ACD165LE.DAT can also be downloaded here

#21 6 years ago

You shook me all night long
Highway to Hell
Rock n Roll Train
Whole Lotta Rosie
Hells Bells
Thunderstruck
Back in Black
War Machine
For those about to Rock
TNT
He'll ain't a bad place to be
Let there be rock

Those would be my choices. (;

#22 6 years ago

I'm keeping the originals, but if I were to change...
Night Prowler
Big Balls
Girls Got Rhythm

Greg

#23 6 years ago

Update:

I've changed out the 3 "hell" songs for Dirty Deeds, Shoot to Thrill, and Money Talks. I've also changed all instances in the 'message' section of the Pinball browser program to match the new songs.

However, when I scroll through the high score list, the song champion scores still show the original song (eg: Hell's Bells Champion instead of Money Talks Champion).

Any insight on how to change that?

Thanks.

When I get my 'No Hell AC/DC' worked out I'll post the macro.

Darin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Southborough, MA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
7,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside