(Topic ID: 94092)

ACDC Song Jackpots with Album/Tour Dates

By ShootForSlrValue

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Can someone shed some light on how exactly the chronological order of the albums and tours relates to cashing in a song jackpot during either tour or album multiball? I watched the video of TTA playing today and he was able to get two 40+ million point jackpots without firing the cannon during these two multiballs. The commentators hit on it a bit, but I still don't understand.

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

I would like more info upon this as well. I watched it again the other day and was curious on how that goes.

#3 9 years ago

There's some good info about this here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-rules-questions/page/5

My short explanation:

#of Jackpots to score Song Bonus) Album - Songs

1) TNT -TNT
3) LTBR - Let there be Rock / Hell Ain’t A Bad Place To Be / Whole Lotta Rosie
5) H2H - Highway To Hell
6) BIB - Hells Bells / Back In Black / You Shook Me All Night Long
7) For Those About to Rock We Salute You - For Those About to Rock
12) The Razors edge - Thunderstruck
15) Black Ice - Rock ‘N’ Roll Train / War Machine

The above is just for album mb, The order for tour is similar, though the shot number may vary. Basically, the songs are awarded in chronological order by album (or tour). A good strategy when you have a hefty Song Jackpot (SJ) built is to start something early in the chronology. In album MB, I usually start TNT, since you're also getting points for the drop targets. I basically limit it to a simple strategy. Before I start Album mb, if I like my SJ, I start TNT and then mb. If I don't, I start BIB and then mb. The latter lets you build your SJ before collecting it in the form of a Song Bonus...

Song Bonus is the SAME value as the SJ..except it does not reset. So, you could collect your SB at 20m, and shortly after, collect a SJ of 25m. After you collect the SB, your SJ will continue to build. But, after you collect your SJ, your SJ will reset. Because of that, It's a good idea to collect your SB first, in most cases.

Sorry, I've had some scotch, and I refuse to proofread.

#4 9 years ago

Haha. No worries. Thanks for your reply. However, I'm confused about the H2H. Everything else I think I understand. How can you score a song bonus for H2H whenever it's a ramp mode and not a loop/target mode? Same for whole lotta Rosie.

#5 9 years ago

So the jackpots are all scored the same way. In Album, they're scored by clearing a set of drop targets, or the ROCK targets. Every time you clear a set of those targets, you'll notice an album is presented on the DMD. So, for example, if the song you're currently playing is H2H, you will need to clear any combination of the ACDC, TNT, or ROCK targets a total of 5 times. When you do, you'll see the Song Bonus awarded at the current SJ value.

The same thing is true for Tour MB, but the orbits score jackpots (tours) instead of the targets.

Jam MB is just a normal MB, with no opportunity to score the SB.

#6 9 years ago

Good info here. Is their an audio queue when you score a Song Bonus? Sometimes while playing multiball I get a different sound when scoring a jackpot. I'm to engaged in MB to ever look up and see the DMD though I'm going to have to start playing for these as it's not in my current strategy and it seems like a lot of point are out there.

Question though, do the number of times you have have to collect a jackpot to score the song bonus reset? For instance. If I've already played album MB and I collected 1 jackpot. When I restart it, if I were to select TNT would that mean I wont be able to collect the song bonus?

#7 9 years ago

The album/tour progress holds throughout the game. So if you collect one jackpot in Album (TNT), when you start your 2nd album MB the first jackpot you'd collect would be the 2nd one.

#8 9 years ago

Also - if you get all the way through the album or tour (of jam for that matter) jacks, the bell will light for a super that is equal to the value of all the jacks you collected on the way (which can be multiplied w/ 2x or 3x scoring).

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from noahpdavis:

Also - if you get all the way through the album or tour (of jam for that matter) jacks, the bell will light for a super that is equal to the value of all the jacks you collected on the way (which can be multiplied w/ 2x or 3x scoring).

Yeah, done that a few times. Somehow I missed the logic on the song bonus though

Funny story, first time I collected a super JP I thought the game broke as the light stayed lit. Looking back, that was pretty silly.

#10 9 years ago

Makes way more sense now. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-song-jackpots-with-albumtour-dates and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.