(Topic ID: 20310)

ACDC software update suggestions

By EEE

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

I talked with Lyman Sheets, the software engineer for this machine, earlier this week and he said that he does plan on doing a software update at some point. He admitted to me that he had not set up his own personal machine at home yet. So until then, it seems clear to me that any software update won't happen.

This is in contrast to previous posts here:

Quoted from markmon:

I've had emails with Lyman directly. He has a huge list. He wanted to drop it by July 4th but that didn't happen. Something is probably due soon. Since Lyman is not working on xmen, hopefully he is getting daytime hours at stern to work on acdc. Speaking of xmen, probably be the same thing waiting for its updates.

Quoted from markmon:

I've had emails with Lyman directly. He has a huge list. He wanted to drop it by July 4th but that didn't happen. Something is probably due soon. Since Lyman is not working on xmen, hopefully he is getting daytime hours at stern to work on acdc. Speaking of xmen, probably be the same thing waiting for its updates.

Quoted from markmon:

I doubt there will be a video mode ruining the fast furious flow of this game (thankfully). A video mode is more programming work than all the other stuff combined times 10. Better he works on the other stuff.

He didn't say. He had a big list as I know when I ask for something and hear "I got that one as 5th item on page 4, will be I the upcoming update". It doesn't mean it's all going to be there it that everything you guys want will be there. But something is coming.

So how can that be that there was an update planed for July 4th and now as I understand this, he hasn't started to work on it cause he has no game at home.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to make suggestions for a code update. For me the code there is is good but it is still just a demo and way to early to say how it will be if it's finished. I thought of AC/DC LE/Prem as something very big for STERN. I can not believe that it shouldn't be STERNs Number One Priority to finish the software fast. Even if they must develope a new System for future games, who should buy these future games if they let their prime games left in a state like AC/DC?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-software-update-suggestions?tu=Asael and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.