Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #2 11 years ago

Nobody knows, but if you look at the time between past releases expect it the first week of June. Obviously just a guess though.

#3 11 years ago

I know when, i was just funning peeps. Look forward to Hell aint a bad place to be dots It will be before June.

Lets speculate shall we.

#4 11 years ago

I'm looking forward to those color LEDs doing something.

#5 11 years ago

Dang it! You got me, Ben.

I was certain we'd get the big "rgb" update when the BIB machines shipped stateside. Alas, we did not.

For next release, I'll say Stern launches on Memorial Day in a feeble attempt to neuter anticipated WOZ beta release buzz.

#6 11 years ago

It coming. Only thing i know for sure is what dots are in it.

#7 11 years ago

Ok, so Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be. Thats great, as its my favorite song on the juke and would love to see it fleshed out a bit. However I typically don't play it as I think that mode makes Hell too accessible. I'd like to be forced to qualify the shot, rather than just plunge to it.

What other dots do you think?

1 week later
    #8 11 years ago

It is out. B_R has it on his premium. I am trying to get him to dump it for us.

EDIT nevermind after seeing the picture its still 1.5 damn!!!!!

#9 11 years ago

Will today be the day......Its been a month since 1.5 was compiled.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Will today be the day......Its been a month since 1.5 was compiled.

Place your bets, place your bets!

My was made mid week. I'll see if it has updated code when I get to unbox it.

#11 11 years ago

Crossing fingers....

#12 11 years ago

If it does Tom dump it and share with the rest of the LE/PRem guys. Mylar your shooter lane right away. You can take a finger and lift the art in the lane.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Mylar your shooter lane right away. You can take a finger and lift the art in the lane.

Can someone post a pic of this? And tell me what style of precut mylar I should use. I want to prevent my AC/DC from looking like my TSPP. I don't have any large uncut mylar around. I have slings, squares and cirles.

#14 11 years ago

the black and white art right where the ball comes out is hanging on by a thread. You can lift it and peel it right back. If you get lucky you will just peel the clear back and not the art.

#15 11 years ago

I emailed the powers to be so to speak lol POWERS. does not look good for today.

#16 11 years ago

So today was the 2nd time i have gotten to the end...I hope Encore is in this week. We need milestones as well.

So far only one SJP from the cannon to the bell after all Albums have been obtained. Any other pro users out here or just me lol.

I would like to see some more Devil call outs. I dont know how many are in the Le/Prem but there is very little in the PRO. Even at highest setting.

Hoping Lyman has something up his sleeve for pro as well as le.

#17 11 years ago

Judging by there facebook post, i would say the new video is for you prem guys explaining the color changing inserts. Update in coming. Too bad i sold mine.

#18 11 years ago

I would agree, I can't wait.

#19 11 years ago

I've got a pro and really dig the rules so far. Love building up the jackpot and the numerous ways to do so based on songs. Seems like there's a lot of decisions to be made while playing this game and adjusting strategy on the fly.

#20 11 years ago

Did I miss the video or are we still waiting?

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Judging by there facebook post, i would say the new video is for you prem guys explaining the color changing inserts. Update in coming. Too bad i sold mine.

#21 11 years ago

Still waiting.... but it's good that he takes his time to make it right.
    What do you think, when will it be ready?

#22 11 years ago

1.52 Out now!! Hmm, Not much this Month

#23 11 years ago

WOW WEAK!

#24 11 years ago

- Added lots of shaker motor effects.
    - Added sounds for hitting a flipper button during the attract mode.
    - Removed super combos and super loops information about collecting the
    jackpot; it was taking too long when the ball was diverted into the
    cannon.
    - Increased the cannon motor timeout from 7.5 seconds to 15 seconds. 7.5
    seconds was not long enough for some slow-running motors.
    - Added some functionality that allows the ticket dispenser test to show
    up when the ticket dispenser has been enabled.
    - Changed the artwork for the right loop award.
    - Added lamp effects for ramp target hit and ramp entrance made.
    - Added broken switch detection for the fire button that kicks in much
    sooner than before. If the cannon can be fired and is not (no fire
    button sw. seen during the firing sequence) for 3 sequences in a row,
    then the next sequence and all of those that follow will allow the
    cannon to be fired using either of the flipper buttons. The fire
    button can be "healed" when there are 2 sequences in a row that use
    the fire button to fire the cannon (instead of a flipper button).
    - Added the top lane and the bottom lane lamps to the "fire the cannon"
    lamp effect so the player can use lane-change (in case of multiball).
    - Added things lit at the cannon (song jackpot, collect bonus, etc.) and
    their values to instant info.
    - Added collect bonus every 8 (default, adjustable) pop bumper levels.
    - Added art and sounds for extra ball lit and special lit.
    - The back panel flasher was missing from the lamp effects. This has been
    corrected.
    - T.N.T. mode was allowing spurious hurry-up awards on the T.N.T. targets.
    If two T.N.T. targets were hit at the same time where the first target
    hit was a target that completed the T.N.T. sequence to start the hurry-
    up and the second target hit was any T.N.T. target other than the first,
    then the spurious hurry-up award would be given. This has been corrected.

#25 11 years ago

Well it's an update. Does that mean no update for another month or an update to appease the masses.

#26 11 years ago

Huh. I don't know what to make of this. Obviously not what we were hoping for. They are taking their time...

At least it went form 1.50 to 1.52 so they acknowledge that this is a small update. If they called this 1.6 etc I would be a bit worried. I have a feeling they are working on those color changing inserts and they want it to be 100% when released, not updated in stages.

#27 11 years ago

Well, it's an update for the pro model, so I don't think it means anything for us premium/LE owners. I'm still hoping we get our update soon and that it's more substantial. Potentially sucks for my pro friends though.

#28 11 years ago

1.52 update is indeed for LE model as well.

p

#29 11 years ago

Lyman will release more in 2 weeks i am sure. The video media house took was indeed fo teh color changing inserts. They might have found bugs while play testing. I dont have a horse in this race anymore so i have not been asking around at stern.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from perryd:

1.52 update is indeed for LE model as well.
    p

Thanks Perry.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Lyman will release more in 2 weeks i am sure. The video media house took was indeed fo teh color changing inserts. They might have found bugs while play testing. I dont have a horse in this race anymore so i have not been asking around at stern.

Come on man...please ask for your pinside brothers.

#32 11 years ago

Will we get the video today?

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Will we get the video today?

Doubt we'll get a video until they implement the tri color leds. With Stern releasing the last 1.52 update yesterday maybe a few weeks before we see another update.

#34 11 years ago

From the AC/DC Pinball fan page on Facebook, posted yesterday:

We are still building AC/DC models here in Melrose Park. Lyman is working on updates, and I have been promoting and started a new design! It's busy as hell over here!

Steve Ritchie

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

We are still building AC/DC models here in Melrose Park. Lyman is working on updates, and I have been promoting and started a new design! It's busy as hell over here!

Steve Ritchie

STAR TREK ???

#36 11 years ago

I assumed the video was being created to drive sales of the premium while we waited for the update.

Quoted from TomGWI:

Doubt we'll get a video until they implement the tri color leds.

#37 11 years ago

its a good little update. Like the eb art, shaker effects extar lighting and faster cannon. Theres some other difference too. Tour was easier to achieve. I just put up 113mill the first game after the update.

other changes I made where special and replay to credit extra ball.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I assumed the video was being created to drive sales of the premium while we waited for the update.
    TomGWI said:Doubt we'll get a video until they implement the tri color leds.

I would assume that too and in the marketing world it would be a good thing to do. It seems like Stern is already moving on to X-Men. I think it's king of wrong but that's what it seems. I know Lyman will get the code together and I'm sure they'll do a video soon (or at least they should).

#39 11 years ago

I think they are just trying to keep their momentum going. Don't hold me to this, I heard it 2nd hand, but Lyman had some demands when he went back to work at Stern. He insisted that he needs to be given the time and resources to make projects successful, I think he was concerned about having another SM debacle on his hands.

On another note, I heard that both Steve and Lyman REALLY care about this project and people who really care will find a way to get it done, at least in regards to these two.

I'm sure we'll get our code, I just hope it's as killer as we are all hoping.

Quoted from TomGWI:

It seems like Stern is already moving on to X-Men.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I think they are just trying to keep their momentum going. Don't hold me to this, I heard it 2nd hand, but Lyman had some demands when he went back to work at Stern. He insisted that he needs to be given the time and resources to make projects successful, I think he was concerned about having another SM debacle on his hands.
    On another note, I heard that both Steve and Lyman REALLY care about this project and people who really care will find a way to get it done, at least in regards to these two.
    I'm sure we'll get our code, I just hope it's as killer as we are all hoping.
    TomGWI said:It seems like Stern is already moving on to X-Men.

It's the right way to do it. They can move on to new machines but they also have to finish their products.

AC/DC is my first NIB. I had a few pins before but only SM and BDK were keeper for me. But only SM I would have buyed that time of production NIB if I had known how finished it now turned out. So now I have no money left for a new one after AC/DC, so I must pass on X-Men. But perhaps next year I will buy one more machine. If they give Lymann the time to finish his games that will be the new SR one. I had buyed AC/DC cause I love the theme, I like SR designs and cause of the promise that the code will be finished.
    If not......there are good old games or other companies.
    If Lyman needs a year to finish it, that is no problem for me as long the updates are rolling in.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

If Lyman needs a year to finish it, that is no problem for me as long the updates are rolling in.

I wouldn't mind waiting a year or so for minor tweaks or updates (in fact I think that is kinda cool), but for major features like Encore and the color-changing LEDs, those updates should be ready to go soon after shipping in my opinion. Like you said though, hopefully the updates keep on rolling in...

#42 11 years ago

Where is the video????

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-software-16-o_0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.