(Topic ID: 24189)

AC/DC Snoooooooooze...

By VisitorQ

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

490-stop-that-this-thread-is-getting-v.jpg
    There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 11 years ago

Cool game but this video is the whole reason why I picked Xmen over it.

http://vimeo.com/45765811

I just don't see this as a fun time when playing at home since you really are not working to a ending rather than a high score.

#2 11 years ago

If you have not spent enough "quality time" with an AC/DC Premium with an upgraded external subwoofer then you just wouldn't understand....

Sincerely,
    Former AC/DC Critic

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

If you have not spent some quality time with the AC/DC with an upgraded external subwoofer then you just wouldn't understand....
    Sincerely,
    Former AC/DC Critic

Actually I have.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

» Vimeo video
    I just don't see this as a fun time when playing at home since you really are not working to a ending rather than a high score.

Some people don't get it. No big deal.

AC/DC is more fun to me than X-Men.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Some people don't get it. No big deal.
    AC/DC is more fun to me than X-Men.

In moderation I agree, the long term is what worries me.

#6 11 years ago

You Troll way to much.

#7 11 years ago

Not every game can be awesome like Avatar

#8 11 years ago

Some of us would rather play for score than goals but thanks for the negativity. We certainly need more of that. Maybe not your favorite but if you think AC/DC is bad you probably don't really like pinball.

#9 11 years ago

Buy both, problem solved.

And like Rob said, not everyone gets every title, so no biggie. Plenty of games out there to make us happy.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Some of us would rather play for score than goals but thanks for the negativity. We certainly need more of that. Maybe not your favorite but if you think AC/DC is bad you probably don't really like pinball.

He likes pinball, but I think he likes to post troll threads even more.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

You Troll way to much.

This is a forum, this is a discussion.

There are many topics here, you choose which to reply too.

#12 11 years ago

Supposedly all that's coming. I think X-Men is fine. Not bad, not great, but meh. The toys are recycled and lame, no mini playfield, meh shots etc.

It's not that it's a bad game, just that 5 recent sterns are better.

At least with AC/DC, IMO it takes the title as the fastest game out there. If you love speed and action, no game does it better.

Of course, it won't be everyone's favorite, but hopefully this stupid code that's months in the making will round the game out nicely.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

#13 11 years ago

Troll much?

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

He likes pinball, but I think he likes to post troll threads even more.

I do! LOL!

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Supposedly all that's coming. I think X-Men is fine. Not bad, not great, but meh. The toys are recycled and lame, no mini playfield, meh shots etc.
    It's not that it's a bad game, just that 5 recent sterns are better.
    At least with AC/DC, IMO it takes the title as the fastest game out there. If you love speed and action, no game does it better.

TOM is my pick for a great flowing game!

AC/DC flows well, SM even better. What kills the flow in AC/DC is the canon.

#16 11 years ago

It's not a horrible game..you can have a fun time with it...but I wouldn't want to own it.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not a horrible game..you can have a fun time with it...but I wouldn't want to own it.

I can't decide. I am not an AC/DC fan, wish it was Iron Maiden.

Actually "Who Made Who" is one of the songs I really like by AC/DC that did not make the cut, Thunderstruck is great though!

I really wish the game picked the songs for you in the game rather than allowing you to, it just doesn't get my hyped when I hit a mulitball mode like other games... IE LOTR

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have some problems with the canon, so for now I have turned it off until I get it fixed, and really, I miss it VERY much! I love it, especially in multiball when it completes the chaos!

So far I prefer AC / DC over X-Men big time!

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

What kills the flow in AC/DC is the cannon.

I really like the cannon, but I do think it is used a bit too much in the the current software.

#20 11 years ago

I haven't played xmen yet, but ACDC is freaking badass. love the cannon!

#21 11 years ago

ACDC is proving to be a Stern megahit!

I enjoy playing it but the rules don't grab me. Love the frenetic action and music is ok but would like more sense of progression.

IM more fun for me

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

TOM is a great game but when playing for a high score its beat. Shoot the center ramp over and over and over and over and over and over. Sounds like another game I know Hurricane. Shoot the center ramp over and over and over and over and over. You get the point.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

I can't decide. I am not an AC/DC fan, wish it was Iron Maiden.

I like ACDC's music just fine....just don't like the feel of the game and the "kind of" modes don't do it for me personally.

#24 11 years ago

My only issue with AC/DC is the theme, I just not a big fan. However, it as a pinball has every other element of a great game. Lights-sound-flow-rules-toys all are there and well done, I can certainly see why its such a highly regarded game. Too bad for the theme, at least for me anyway. Re-skin it with Metallica or Maiden and I'm in.

#25 11 years ago

I wasn't a fan of them making it befor it came out then I played the LE and now I think is I of the best pin out there. Each song has its own shots you have to complete and then you have to raise the jackpot for that song you pick and the jackpot doesnt carry over from ball to ball. It kinda reminds me of Taxi alittle bit in that way of the passengers don't carry over. And that's what keeps me coming back over and over again. You get so close to lighting the jackpot on taxi or you build up a big jackpot value on AC/DC and the the ball drains! Everyone entitled to there own views on pins but AC/DC is awesome!

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I've been on the fence for quite a while....AC/DC's a 'dream theme' for me - I feel their music is a perfect match for pinball fun. My initial impressions of the layout/rules weren't great....but when I played it in person I really enjoyed it. I've been trying to whittle down my collection and stop buying games (especially new ones) .....buuuut occasionally I have that "f*ck it, you only live once" voice in my head. Soooo....I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm tempted.

#27 11 years ago

No way SM flow better than ACDC.

TOM is a retched game. It was awesome until I played it with someone who knew how to play. He kept hitting the same shot over and over and completely killed my score. The game is seriously unbalanced.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

#28 11 years ago

AC/DC Snoooooooooze..

Too funny. Ok its not day one of release and clearly MANY folks are saying the opposite and most of us have one. So its not a news flash and its clearly contrary to what most of us think. So what do you want out of this post?

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

No way SM flow better than ACDC.

OMG, "flow arguments" ....THAT'S the real Snooooooooooze.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I enjoy playing it but the rules don't grab me. Love the frenetic action and music is ok but would like more sense of progression.

I agree.

#31 11 years ago

AC/DC snooooze??? Hmmm....I can understand a person's preference to play a superhero and defeat villians and whatnot (I guess) but snooze? You haven't actually played AC/DC I'm guessing. Playing TSPP in a multi-player game is my definition of "snooze"....

I'd love to see Stern take a break from all the comic book-themed games...

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

TOM is a retched game. It was awesome until I played it with someone who knew how to play. He kept hitting the same shot over and over and completely killed my score. The game is seriously unbalanced.

Sounds like AC/DC to me. You can play the same mode (song) over and over again.

#33 11 years ago

Played HemiOrange09's pimped out ACDC pro with undercab sub that rocked the walls. Pretty damn fun if you ask me.

#34 11 years ago

I love acdc music but the pin wasnt my cup of tea but to each
    their own.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Played HemiOrange09's pimped out ACDC pro with undercab sub that rocked the walls. Pretty damn fun if you ask me.

Did he take that 10" out i put in there if not that must sound banging with both.

#36 11 years ago

That is really strange how Trent scored all those points so quickly. That seems more of an exploitation of the rules than anything else. I think it would be good for Stern to fix that it the code.

As far as the gameplay, I have not played the game and this is the first video I have seen of any real quality play. ACDC kind of reminds me of some of the older games like Gorgar but obviously much deeper and more snazzy. It would appear to be a good game to have in a home setting for diversification of a collection if in combination with some more goal oriented games such as TZ, LOTR, or TSPP et al.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

" SHOOT THE MAGIC TRUNK" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Please pass the bong .

Jim

#38 11 years ago

Between acdc and woz, this shit never ends.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

AC/DC Snoooooooooze..
    Too funny. Ok its not day one of release and clearly MANY folks are saying the opposite and most of us have one. So its not a news flash and its clearly contrary to what most of us think. So what do you want out of this post?

Maybe it's someone's review of a pinball machine. I know...crazy right...on Pinside of all places!

There are plenty of threads stating it's a great game and how awesome it is, I don't go in there with tears in my eyes trying to change everyone's opinion.

EDIT: sorry sorry let me guess. I haven't played it enough, it somehow had the wrong woofer in the game, it wasn't "dialed in" etc etc.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I've been on the fence for quite a while....AC/DC's a 'dream theme' for me - I feel their music is a perfect match for pinball fun. My initial impressions of the layout/rules weren't great....but when I played it in person I really enjoyed it. I've been trying to whittle down my collection and stop buying games (especially new ones) .....buuuut occasionally I have that "f*ck it, you only live once" voice in my head. Soooo....I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm tempted.

You know you want one. But in all seriousness, waiting for the code update probably makes sense at this point unless they're going to sell out the next run before that (which is actually quite possible it seems, judging from demand). My opinion is if you like games like IM, Tron, etc, games that can be brutal and hard with lots of stacking, you'll like AC/DC at home. The main difference between it and previous hard games is that it's much longer than those, it would take a minimum of 108 shots to get to encore right now (if encore just made you play all the songs with completing the multiballs). It would appear to me that there are at least two or three 'stages' missing right now, one for finishing all the songs (encore), one for playing all the multiballs, and one for finishing all the multiballs.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

That is really strange how Trent scored all those points so quickly. That seems more of an exploitation of the rules than anything else. I think it would be good for Stern to fix that it the code.

I think this is one of the great strategy's of the game. I doubt it gets removed.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Sounds like AC/DC to me. You can play the same mode (song) over and over again.

Let's be real here. Each pinball machine has a finite amount of modes, goals, songs, targets, toys. You're going to be doing the same things over and over again on ANY game. It's not as if AC/DC is some kind of anomaly. As with any game, you either like the music & stuff to do, or you don't. Simple.

#43 11 years ago

AC is one of my top picks for pins to own one day

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

" SHOOT THE MAGIC TRUNK" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Please pass the bong .
    Jim

Not as cool as a man's ass in your face for a match? Pass me the heterosexual G&R please!

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Let's be real here. Each pinball machine has a finite amount of modes, goals, songs, targets, toys.

I totally agree. MM & AFM...you have to continually hit the center shot in both of these games A TON. You don't usually hear people complaining aboot it like you do shooting the trunk in TOM for example.

#46 11 years ago

I can understand that someone may not like the game, but I don't understand how they can say that playing it is akin to sleeping. The ball just flies around and really keeps you on your toes! I have to admit that when I first heard Stern was making an AC/DC pin, I was very skeptical and thought it was a bad choice of theme. Boy, was I wrong. The music goes perfectly with pinball, and the game is just plain fun. It just goes to show that you should never pre-judge a game based on theme alone.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

" SHOOT THE MAGIC TRUNK" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Wow,never get into these pissing contests because no one wins a subjective argument but have to defend TOM. It's much more than hitting the magic trunk. I'm assuming you spelled out T-H-E-A-T-E-R,MAGIC,Hit Midnight Madness and completed the 8 magic tricks for the Grand Finale????(which I'd be shocked you completed) By your response,I think not. Defend your pin all you want but leave TOM out of it!

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

SHOOT THE MAGIC TRUNK" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Please pass the bong .

Jim

I like TOM but still... LOL!

I like ACDC, but in my small collection i feel as though a solid 3 flipper game like Tron/Xmen will fit better. To each his own. Its pinball for Christ sake... I feel blessed by simply having the options in games we have now.

#49 11 years ago

You ToM lovers amaze me.....most over-rated game in the history of pinball. Bar none. Horrible, horrible software and just painfully tedious and boring to play. Yes, I owned one and it was set up tough and dialed in and the trunk even worked half-decent.

Hey look, midnight madness as a random award! cool. Now I just need to bash the trunk 800 times and just hit center ramp all day long......

If ToM, Popeye and Gilligan's Island were in a line up, I'd alternate between Popeye and GI all day long and ignore the worst game in the room, ToM

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

It would appear to be a good game to have in a home setting for diversification of a collection if in combination with some more goal oriented games such as TZ, LOTR, or TSPP et al.

This is exactly why I am strongly considering an AC/DC. It's a perfect game to compliment my TZ, LOTR and RBION. This is the same reason why I bought I500 and Airborne. It's nice to have a good mix of games.

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-snoooooooooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.