IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0179.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
CIMG7636.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
IMAG0230.jpg
IMAG0217.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Just thought I'd post a couple before and after pics of the shooter lane problem some have been having. I should have protected it early with mylar but never got around to it. After about 120 games I noticed a dimple in the paint and when I went to install a protector the metal of the protector shaved the paint off leaving a gap of missing paint.

IMAG0217.jpgIMAG0217.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Your Cliffy eject protector should be alway up to shooter lane now covering the black line or you can move it to cover all the white and leave the black line exposed.

#3 11 years ago

So I went ahead and repaired it with Americana acrylic paint titanium white and a black acrylic from Walmart, dont remember the brand off the top of my head. I used a very fine point paint brush and started with white and once dried used the black, once it was fully dried I spot clearcoat using krylon crystal clear. I sprayed a little in the cap and brushed it on. I didnt sand, just cleaned the area with alcohol. Its not perfect but it would take a keen eye to notice it had been repaired. I'm not to worried about the area now anyway cause its gonna be covered by a Cliffy protector im also gonna add a little more reinforcement with some hard as nails.

Anyway figured Id post before I go to sleep in case someone wanted to try and repair theirs. Im not happy with stern because of this problem but it is what it is. I still love the game so I can see past it.

Anyway heres the after pic

IMAG0230.jpgIMAG0230.jpg

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Your Cliffy eject protector should be alway up to shooter lane now covering the black line or you can move it to cover all the white and leave the black line exposed.

Yeah that was the one that Cliffy sent out that he had miscut. He sent me a replacement that covers the black line.

Thanks Cliffy for the quick response and shipping.

#5 11 years ago

Cool just wanted to make sure you had it positioned right to avoid this agsin in future. The repair looks great though cannot tell in the picture it's been repaired looks really good, nicely done.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks. It wasn't a big deal to do, I just thought maybe it might help someone else. Also its just the shooter lane so really not too important in the looks department. Alright Im outta here, Ive gotta get rest. Later all.

3 months later
#7 11 years ago

I will have to get hold of one if these from cliffy as mines getting wrecked just didn't get Mylar down quick enough.

#8 11 years ago

This spot is a problem on all Stern games that have the art printed this close to the trough eject area. They would be wise to tell someone in the art department to just leave the art with black lines AWAY from that area, leave it bare wood like it's been for years. Pretty sad they couldn't figure out that putting paint there was a bad idea. Any new machine should be protected with mylar there, this area wears QUICKLY. WAKE UP STERN!!!!

#9 11 years ago

^^^ very true couldn't agree more! I can't find a ACDC protector can I use any stern cliffy protector? Can someone tell me which stern game is the same please, I'm to late for Mylar it's already screwed.

#10 11 years ago

Sorry, I did get your email but I'm at my (eeek!) real job right now. Yes the multifit stern eject works perfectly on AC/DC as seen on my web page.

#11 11 years ago

Great example of why before a single ball is played on new sterns I install mylar, cliffy and pbl metal protector.

Nice work on the touch up!

#12 11 years ago

Does that little spot really bother people? This is a game that is suppose to be played and is going to get some wear? You can protect some and some you can't.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

You can protect some and some you can't.

Fortunately this is one you can. Also fortunately you buy my stuff for your route games too Bobby

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

^^^ very true couldn't agree more! I can't find a ACDC protector can I use any stern cliffy protector? Can someone tell me which stern game is the same please, I'm to late for Mylar it's already screwed.

It's the same one Cliffy has for Tron. Fits X-men as well.

#15 11 years ago

Be sure and mylar the entire area--or screening to the right of the groove will eventually suffer damage as well.

Just wish Stern wouldn't screen the lane at all.

3 months later
#16 11 years ago

Well, my got damaged to. I had already a eject protector installed on the left side from great Cliffy but now it was the right side turn. On CLiffy website there was no solution to be found for this but when I saw an Avatar LE the solution dawned on me. Avatar LE has a metal strip left and right which are meant for detection metal ball or navi ball. This was the solution as a side effect was that it also protects the shooter lane !! Why doesnt Stern make this a standard on every pin? Anyway, I maled Cliffy the picture and it turns out he has made already a solution. Cliffy to the rescue again!!!

I suggest all ACDC owners buy a left and right side protector so that Cliffy can get an ACDC Premium from the profit, he deserves it !!

Pictures of the Avatar solution, the Cliffy part for the right side and how it looks installed are included

IMG_0122.JPGIMG_0122.JPG CIMG7636.JPGCIMG7636.JPG IMG_0186.JPGIMG_0186.JPG IMG_0179.JPGIMG_0179.JPG IMG_0178.JPGIMG_0178.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-shooter-lane-chipped-and-repaired and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.