Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm new to pinball, and just got an acdc premium. I love the idea of a shaker motor, but was curious if these are rough on the machines. I'm not sure if it will rattle everything loose, and cause too many headaches. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

YES! Have on my Luci....War Machine is awesome with it

#3 9 years ago

I've had a shaker on my premium for over a year and haven't had a problem. It's awesome and I would highly recommend one. Also, get an external subwoofer hooked up to your game to take it to another level. There's nothing like the game shaking and the subwoofer going when the train multiball animation hits.

#4 9 years ago

I have shaker on mine, and love it. The shaking is pretty strong, is there a way to tone it down? (I think the menu option only makes it less frequent, but not less strong)

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I have shaker on mine, and love it. The shaking is pretty strong, is there a way to tone it down? (I think the menu option only makes it less frequent, but not less strong)

time for me to get flamed for admitting to this but, I felt the same way so I took the weights off the shaker and trimmed about 1/2 inch off each. I like it better now. Less shake but still very noticeable and my game doesn't feel like it will come apart now.

#6 9 years ago

The games are built to be rattled, so there should be no problem. You can also adjust the strength in the menus. I love the way the shaker works in AC/DC.

#7 9 years ago

ACDC & Shaker = Fantastic!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

The games are built to be rattled, so there should be no problem. You can also adjust the strength in the menus. I love the way the shaker works in AC/DC.

Where do you adjust the intensity of the shaker in the settings? Only thing I've seen is it's frequency not the intensity.

I also know it would never harm the game but to me it felt to much.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

time for me to get flamed for admitting to this but, I felt the same way so I took the weights off the shaker and trimmed about 1/2 inch off each. I like it better now. Less shake but still very noticeable and my game doesn't feel like it will come apart now.

The shaker in AC/DC is A LOT more forceful then the ones I have in MET Pro and IMVE...that I will admitt

#10 9 years ago

I have shaker motors on most of my games and love them. I think a good sound upgrade shakes things up as well. However I have not had any issues with a shaker motor damaging my machine.

Greg
www.pinballpro.com

#11 9 years ago

I think a shaker motor is one of the best upgrades you can do to a machine. It is so awesome. Sterns don't shake as much as my old roadshow did though. That game would make the walls shake when hitting the blast zone. I never had any damage to my machine from it.

#12 9 years ago

Yes go for the shaker.It improves the ambience of the gameplay experience !

#13 9 years ago

Thanks for the input. Sounds like a must have for ac dc. Appreciated.

#14 9 years ago

I have a shaker motor and recently have been having issues with #1 lower playfield ball dose not pop up-fix is to push on the two plugs to get the optics to see again #2 Sometimes in mid play game dies like the ball went SDTM, same issue have to push on the two optic plugs by the ball trough. I'm starting to wonder if all that shaking is a possible cause?

#15 9 years ago

That's what I was curious about. I have one led that keeps popping out on the play field already. Figured a shaker would really loosen things up. Any ideas how to keep the bulb from popping out as much?

#16 9 years ago

Had one or two bulbs pop out out here and there in the beginning before I had the shaker motor. Oddly enough I have not had issues with the bulbs anymore. I usually just expand the copper wires out a little and push em back in.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's what I was curious about. I have one led that keeps popping out on the play field already. Figured a shaker would really loosen things up. Any ideas how to keep the bulb from popping out as much?

Post 19 here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-replace-loose-led-bulb-on-acdc-luci

This is the best way for me to get them to stay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-shaker-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.