(Topic ID: 104497)

AC/DC Scoring points with ball in Shooter lane?

By Arcade

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Arcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Sometimes my AC/DC will score 50,060 points when the ball is launched into the shooter lane.
When it does this it is always the same score on the display.
Seems like an odd amount for one switch to be scoring, but I can't track down which switch is causing the problem.
Anyone else ever have this issue or know what would score that odd amount of points?
It is very annoying when it happens.

#2 5 years ago

Check to see if any of the standup targets are lit solid (instead of flashing), and are still standing.
If so, it's your drop targets obviously.
Either way, just pop the Playfield and squeeze all the connectors tightly together.

#3 5 years ago

It was the D and C drops. Had to remove the board and air compressor the optos. So far so good.
Each drop target scores 20,030 so the math is good.

#4 5 years ago

I had the same issue recently and just pushed the connectors together. Guess they come loose from all the shaking.

#5 5 years ago

I had this issue with both my AC/DC's. The wires at the IDC connectors do get connection issues. Reseating did not last on mine, I used the IDC insertion tool firmly on each wire of each IDC to every drop target bank and the problem never came back on either machine. You could use a flat head screwdriver as well if you do not have an IDC tool.

#6 5 years ago

Thanks. I have an IDC tool and will keep that in mind if the problem comes back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside