Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acdclepic.jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

I like what I see so far from ACDC and I'm confident Steve will deliver a killer playfield with tons of toys and cool mechanical stuff. I'm in on a LTBR LE. Having said that, I admit to having some reservations about the rules.

<Rampant Speculation Follows>

I've seen Gary's note to distributors with mention of Lyman's ruleset and the ability to select songs, rules, areas to play, stack multiballs etc. Thats all cool, but aside from stackable multiball, seem like diversions from the "main" game that would be cool for casual players, but not necessarily for me. I care about modes, not song selection...

You've got 3 multiballs and 7 other inserts where the typical mode progression would be. 3 of the 7 are cannon based (not sure how I feel about that) and the other 4 are "Super" loops, targets, lanes, combos. Are those modes or just collection indicators? Even if modes, where is the wizard mode? Mini-wizard?? Doesn't TF have like 10 modes + mini wizard and main wizard?? Is TF deeper than ACDC??

I know we don't have these answers yet, but bottom line, a machine with this kind of price tag REQUIRES a lot of depth. I'm not sure I'm seeing that reflected on the playfield. Dunno.

-Craig

#2 12 years ago

This is interesting, I can't see anyone jumpling on the $7k bandwagon....The market (which is you if your reading this), just is not interested in Angus's big old face on a playfield....Rock pins should be about the girls for the sight (smell, feel and taste) part and the music for the hear and play part. I have no doubt the music will rock and hopeful about the feel and play part but come on, it's a horable playfield of dudes w/ a giant ugly ass picture in the middle and armpit bass players that may even be worse...If the LE bury him under the pf, that is an improvment but I sure hope he fades away like Creech fade or it's a Stern epic fail pin.

my $0.02

#3 12 years ago

It's the old "If you have 7k to spend, you can spend it" thing.

Craig has it, he spent it.

#4 12 years ago

I like Craig is a positive :glass is half full: kinda guy. I thought I was but becoming very negative since seeing the pics. The LE has promise

acdclepic.jpgacdclepic.jpg

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from BillP:

The LE has promise

+1 Mini-playfield looks great. The flippers look to be medium sized like Safe Cracker.

#6 12 years ago

I'm stoked about the possibilities and hope it rocks. I must admit, I haven't been an optimist lately regarding Stern... just felt like they were capable of much better than they were building. Actually, I still think they have room to improve, but they're getting back to full featured pins and I want to support that movement.

I have my fingers crossed!

-Craig

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

I'm stoked about the possibilities and hope it rocks. I must admit, I haven't been an optimist lately regarding Stern... just felt like they were capable of much better than they were building. Actually, I still think they have room to improve, but they're getting back to full featured pins and I want to support that movement.
    I have my fingers crossed!
    -Craig

A full-featured AC/DC pin would have stereo sound. No question.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Agreed. I find the "distance to the speakers" explanation unconvincing.

-Craig

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

I like what I see so far from ACDC and I'm confident Steve will deliver a killer playfield with tons of toys and cool mechanical stuff. I'm in on a LTBR LE. Having said that, I admit to having some reservations about the rules.
    <Rampant Speculation Follows>
    I've seen Gary's note to distributors with mention of Lyman's ruleset and the ability to select songs, rules, areas to play, stack multiballs etc. Thats all cool, but aside from stackable multiball, seem like diversions from the "main" game that would be cool for casual players, but not necessarily for me. I care about modes, not song selection...
    You've got 3 multiballs and 7 other inserts where the typical mode progression would be. 3 of the 7 are cannon based (not sure how I feel about that) and the other 4 are "Super" loops, targets, lanes, combos. Are those modes or just collection indicators? Even if modes, where is the wizard mode? Mini-wizard?? Doesn't TF have like 10 modes + mini wizard and main wizard?? Is TF deeper than ACDC??
    I know we don't have these answers yet, but bottom line, a machine with this kind of price tag REQUIRES a lot of depth. I'm not sure I'm seeing that reflected on the playfield. Dunno.
    -Craig

I have been assured by the powers that be, there are multiple mini-wiz modes in this (don't let the inserts fool you), as well as the "intention" to have a grand wiz mode with both fields going and the use of the cannon at the same time for the LE.

There is a small coil with a bunch of linkage to make 4 of the band members rock back and forth, the drummers sticks to go up and down, and Angus' leg to kick out. It's very cool. It operates with certain songs and modes.

#10 12 years ago

Thats great, Jason! Thanks for the info.

Have the powers that be spilled the beans on what a "slam action target" behind the middle TNT drop is? Any ideas?

-Craig

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

StevenP said:
    Agreed. I find the "distance to the speakers" explanation unconvincing.
    -Craig

Unconvincing? I would better characterize it as disingenuous at best. With the player and speaker distances/geometry involved, there WILL be a VERY noticeable difference in soundstage between mono and stereo. This is AC/DC music here. And any argument about "well, you wouldn't hear it much in a noisy bar" would also be BS. Aren't the LEs (and many Premiums) geared to to the collector/home-use market?

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

Thats great, Jason! Thanks for the info.
    Have the powers that be spilled the beans on what a "slam action target" behind the middle TNT drop is? Any ideas?
    -Craig

My interpretation is when the 3 drops go down you hit the middle hidden stationary target and that creates the solenoid to give "action" to the handle mech. I know there is a target behind the middle drop but not 100% on the set up or functionality.

#13 12 years ago

I think with Lyman on the case he's going to do some impressive stuff with rules, both Pro and LE.

I don't care for the PF, but like the complaints about TRON looking like Funhouse, I'll hold judgement till I actually play one.

Still, Transformers and Tron were strong buys among my friends, and this one, not so much... hopefully it intrigues operators.

1 week later
    #14 12 years ago

You may have noticed many inserts are clear on the Premium/LE. That's where the color changing tri-color LED's are going. These serve as a means to complete certain objectives. The upper 3 lanes will have certain colors lit and you need to complete them to get an instant multiball, extra ball, or light a lock via the color. I'm also told there is a single drop target behind the bell for ball lock as well as the quick firing ejector that shoots right through the pendulum ball. The LE has 2 ejectors vs. the 1 only in the Pro.

Each song has it's own mode and the rules are custom tailored to each song so that alone is 12 modes. TNT center drop targets, Rosie, HtH right ramp,RnR Train ramp, Hells Bells, etc...

I can't wait to see the LED animated flame board tunnel over the right ramp simulating flames, and the band member animated box in the back right.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Each song has it's own mode and the rules are custom tailored to each song so that alone is 12 modes. TNT center drop targets, Rosie, HtH right ramp,RnR Train ramp, Hells Bells, etc...

nice.

#16 12 years ago

Well lets not stuff around here. If this is Sterns best effort to compete with JJ then game over. JJ will dominate pinball for however long they want to stay in the game. Stern have only produced LOTR in the 10+ years that they have been in the industry by themselves. ACDC imo is going to be boring apart from the music. Do not expect a deep rule set, good jackpots or a great wizard mode. This is only a music pin.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Stern have only produced LOTR in the 10+ years that they have been in the industry by themselves.

There's some other great games they've put out: TSPP, SM, RBION, and Tron. I do agree with you if this is what Stern has against WOZ, then it may be game over.

#18 12 years ago

Why does every AC/DC pin thread have fucking WOZ losers in it ?

Leave it alone already !

Jim

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Why does every AC/DC pin thread have fucking WOZ losers in it ?

Leave it alone already !

Jim

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

RGR said:Stern have only produced LOTR in the 10+ years that they have been in the industry by themselves.
    There's some other great games they've put out: TSPP, SM, RBION, and Tron. I do agree with you if this is what Stern has against WOZ, then it may be game over.

Remove Tron and add WPT and I'm in agreement. Stern has made several other pretty darned good games, like BDK, WOF, T3, etc.

#21 12 years ago

jim, i understand your frustration. but you can't deny the parallels between the two machines.
    ac/dc bible and wozecle are coming online at about the same time so it will happen.

both are priced in the same ballpark
    sr best game to date
    jj's first game to date

it's like clash of the titans with stern producing their best and most expensive effort to date and jjp, the young gun, putting forth his first machine.

i think comparing these two machines is only human nature.

i like your comment on the woz losers because it shows your passion that we all share for pinball.

i am a woz owner and your statement does not offend me in the least.

other people are passionate as well so i hope you understand where they are coming from.

your game will rock! no doubt about that jim!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Well lets not stuff around here. ACDC imo is going to be boring apart from the music. Do not expect a deep rule set, good jackpots or a great wizard mode. This is only a music pin.

You are mistaken, the "guys" on the team have said otherwise. As well as I have seen proof of the "investors" intention to make it a masterpiece and have given Lyman full go ahead to do so (no limitations-NONE-period). Gary doesn't call the shots anymore But I need say no more, let the LE speak for itself in 2 months.

And here is another tidbit you heard here first. NO ANGUS face on the Premium/Super LE pins

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

You are mistaken, the "guys" on the team have said otherwise. As well as I have seen proof of the "investors" intention to make it a masterpiece and have given Lyman full go ahead to do so (no limitations-NONE-period). Gary doesn't call the shots anymore But I need say no more, let the LE speak for itself in 2 months.

And here is another tidbit you heard here first. NO ANGUS face on the Premium/Super LE pins

i hope you are right for the love of the game. anything short of amazing will have some pretty pissed customers, considering the huge price increase. and when there is an alternative...well we know what happens.

things are just starting to heat up! we are in for a VERY interesting 2012

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

jim, i understand your frustration. but you can't deny the parallels between the two machines.
    ac/dc bible and wozecle are coming online at about the same time so it will happen.

I don't care about WOZ at all and I want to read things about the AC/DC pin and every thread turns into a bullshit comparison between WOZ and other games .

You guys are not getting WOZ this year , I wish you already had the game so you would just shut up already.

I don't care if someone says something bad about AC/DC but you guys comparing thin air to a actual machine really gets on my nerves !

Jim

#25 12 years ago

What is a super le ?

Jim

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

you guys comparing thin air to a actual machine

+1

no offense, I hope that Jack hits it out of the park with WOZ but until he actually starts rolling out pins it's just premature to get this critical.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

vex said:jim, i understand your frustration. but you can't deny the parallels between the two machines.
    I don't care about WOZ at all and I want to read things about the AC/DC pin and every thread turns into a bullshit comparison between WOZ and other games .
    You guys are not getting WOZ this year , I wish you already had the game so you would just shut up already.
    I don't care if someone says something bad about AC/DC but you guys comparing thin air to a actual machine really gets on my nerves !
    Jim

I'd say the air is equally thin on both ACDC LE and WOZ at this point.

I have both coming and am excited for both. Any news or speculation is fun to read.

-Craig

#28 12 years ago

it's all good jim. the super le is the complete game, then comes the le and premium and finally the pro.

i think super le is new stern lingo for the le, but woz is a widebody/super pinball machine so stern might try to muddy the waters with this marketing gimmick.

it's all good jim...

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Sorry to contaminate an AC/DC thread, but since you brought it up, name your stakes.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I hope they didn't change that because of the bitching about the pro pics. I liked the Angus face! The cutout shape made sense when it was Angus. I'm sure whatever they do will be cool.

-Craig

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

widebody/super pinball machine

How many of those superpins are hits with high resale prices ? How many out of 7 made ..

Twilight Zone
    STTNG
    Popeye
    Road Show
    Judge Dredd
    Demolition Man
    Indiana Jones

All are superpins and few are super in value.

Just thinking out loud and I say, only two have decent resale value . Which ones ?

Jim

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Sorry to contaminate an AC/DC thread, but since you brought it up, name your stakes.

What is the over and under ?

#33 12 years ago

it's all good jim...tz and ij.

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

What is the over and under ?

2012 jan.1 to 2012 dec. 31 just like you stated as fact.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

2011 jan.1 to 2011 dec. 31 just like you stated as fact.

Oh yeah .. Good enough. I win

Jim

#36 12 years ago

Ha ha quoted you before you hit the edit button ..LMAO

Jim

#37 12 years ago

lmk when you want to sell dh if in decent condition jim. i like your wrapping job. i can't buy now but keep me in mind.

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Ha ha quoted you before you hit the edit button ..LMAO

Jim

lol

#39 12 years ago

nice try on changing my quote jim

geez...some guys!

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

lmk when you want to sell dh if in decent condition jim. i like your wrapping job. i can't buy now but keep me in mind.

DH is my best game I have ever owned . It might be a long time if I ever sell .

I agree it is all good , I just wish you WOZ guys would quit pissing on my parade..

Jim

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

nice try on changing my quote jim

geez...some guys!

You know that did not happen . I would have liked to have seen you face when you read what you wrote! LOL . I know what you meant, but still funny as hell .

Jim

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I just wish you WOZ guys would quit pissing on my parade..

Jim its WOZ, not WIZ...

#43 12 years ago

good stuff...i know you look after your machines and are a straight shooter.

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

Jim its WOZ, not WIZ...

I think you nailed it Steve .

In my best Rudy voice "Hey ! Quit wizzing on my parade"

Jim

#45 12 years ago

Tron: LOL! No modes, annoying sounds (fly on acid), STDM loop shots, flippers that are to the left of the player (you are standing over the right flipper).
    WPT: Too easy, boring shots, boring sounds
    BDK: This is a joke right? Hurry up manipulation so that you can get a billion... Useless joker toy for multiball. The game play was so boring/ bad they had to change the software. Useless mystery where it would award the same thing over and over
    T3: Does not compare to T2. Too easy once again. Boring graphics and useless backbox feature.

The only games that *attempt* to come close to LOTR would be SM, and TF. Thats it. Could go some wireform ramps one time or is that too expensive like that special piece of wood???

#46 12 years ago

Dont it piss you guys off knowing that the only reason Stern is making an effort is due to JJ coming on the scene???? Hmmm would ACDC been as good as it is meant to be if JJ didnt make pins?? I like to think so.... Competition is a good thing however it shits me to think that Stern was making no effort in the past due to them being the only ones in the market... See this is how it is:

Rocky: Willams Bally
    Rocky 2: P2k, Data east
    Rocky 3, 4, 5: Stern.

Its like sure they know its going to be a shit film but we can make money from it and destroying the previous great films in the process...

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

honda350r said:You guys are not getting WOZ this year , I wish you already had the game so you would just shut up already.

Ya, last I talked with Jack he said 60+ games were built already that was over a week ago.

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Ya, last I talked with Jack he said 60+ games were built already [] that was over a week ago.

Right on, wonder when we will see some factory pictures ? Has anyone seen a completed PF ?

Jim

#49 12 years ago

I don't care for the theme, but pin feature wise anyone thinking AC/DC LE isn't going to be impressive is either a WMS fan boy (aka Stern hater) or works for JJP. And vice versa, anyone thinking Stern isn't stepping their game up because of JJP is flat out wrong.

Though WOZ theme isn't for me, I'm hopeful they will be in play for a 2nd pin with a more appealing theme...having said that, some of the forum posts coming out of JJP are not helping their cause marketing wise, IMO.

4 months later
    #50 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I have been assured by the powers that be, there are multiple mini-wiz modes in this

You think this is still correct?

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-ruleset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.