• 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vinbuldog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago

Hi ACDC Pinball Fans

It has been long since the last ACDC Code Update.
As I started a chat with some colleagues, we re wondering, why the code is still obviously unfinished.
Reading the ACDC code threads surprises me, as some people even consider the code finished and suggest, there r other pins that should get an update.
Well, let us see what I would consider as unfinished:
image.jpgimage.jpg

There r 3 big yellow inserts just in front and middle of the playfield. 3 big inserts indicating, that there should be some modes. These inserts have no own function yet !!! They re just flashing when u can load the cannon for a song jackpot. But this is already indicated, as the cannon has it s own flasher.
There r also some Horn inserts, that flash without real function. I read, u need to collect them to get back to the lower playfield, but u do this by collecting the notes, not the horn inserts.

So, my question would be : how could some pinheads consider the code finished, looking at the pic above...?

There came a lot of updates for the other Sterns, like Metallica, The Walking Dead. Metallica has become a great Pin with all the Modes and Finals implemented.
But the most commercially (?) successful Stern Pinball is still unfinished... Why?
This can t be too much work to finish this amazing code...?

So here my suggestions :

-Implement the cannon modes.
1st mode could be: load the cannon and shoot for a moving light. 2nd mode: load the cannon shoot the moving light and do it a second time within a timer. 3rd mode :shoot 3 times a moving light within some time. successful completion gives some bonus.

- implement the Horn inserts. 3x Multiplier for the shot during "Hell" song.

- implement a Mini Wizard Final Multiball, after the 6th song. Let the lower Playfield run simultaneously to the upper pfayfield. Use the potential of both play fields run together ! (Not many players can reach Encore after 12 songs, let average players also reach some mini final).

- Reorganize the Status Report. It's too confusing. What I need is on the first page : tour 3 Album 2 Jam 0
This I nfo is the most important one, and should be put on one page.
Second Page: Songjackpot Value and remaining Fire lanes

So guys, do u think Stern could possibly do something on that issue ?
I think this great pin deserves it.

Gary, Lyman, please !!!

Just have a look again at these big, sad, empty and useless inserts...image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 8 years ago

@deaconblooze
Your last idea is great !
As for the modes: u r probably right. There r enough spots where u use the cannon. Songjackpots, MB Starts, Hell Starts, "For Those about to Rock" Song...

But that's not the point. These inserts r there. In a very obvious place. So I look at them and always feel something is missing. If they were missing it may be different, but they r there. So, why not implement something, just to make it look final? No need of some deep modes, just "something own". Maybe some "added bonus" to the jackpot when flashing or some short and timed mode as I suggested.
I hope people understand it right: I think the code is great, probably the best rules I know. But why not make it not only feel, but also "look" final...?

For a hardcore programmer like Lyman this should be no problem. He s such an experienced coder, and also a world class player ! Why not putting some code on the inserts, think about our further ideas and make us all happy ... Right ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vinbuldog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-rules-wish-list?tu=vinbuldog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.